The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: *** Liberate *** (An Ongoing Story)  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Damien/Katin Hysteria

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Katin: Grey fur, black hair, Purple eyes. Damien: White fur and hair, yellow eyes
  • Height: Both brothers are 5’8
  • Weight: 160lbs
  • Build: Lean, and toned. Not bulding muscles but very healthy and strong.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healthy and pretty good!
*** Liberate *** (An Ongoing Story)
« on: October 25, 2018, 10:30:42 PM »
Welcome, those who seek the written knowledge of tales and adventure. You’ve stumbled upon the tale of two brothers. Seeking the truth of their mystical home and family, while finding the meaning behind who they are. Liberate speaks to those who find themselves lost in fantasy, adhering to the world they pull from each page. If you feel the attraction of their tale tugging at your very soul to hear them speak, then find a comfy place to to rest your mind and find excitement in the binding tale of Liberate.

A Story by Mitchell Bradley

Please feel free to send messages or leaving comments about anything you’d like to say about what you read. I’m still learning my best at how to portray and bring out this story!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:11:15 AM by Damien/Katin Hysteria »

Offline Damien/Katin Hysteria

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Katin: Grey fur, black hair, Purple eyes. Damien: White fur and hair, yellow eyes
  • Height: Both brothers are 5’8
  • Weight: 160lbs
  • Build: Lean, and toned. Not bulding muscles but very healthy and strong.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healthy and pretty good!
Re: *** Liberate *** Chapter 1 - Ceremonial
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 03:10:36 AM »
Property of Marcus Hysteria,
          If you have attained this journal by accident please return it to the hands of prince Marcus immediately.

Journal entry 1
          So, bought this journal from a lady in the market district today. Father said I should keep track of my life and travels through this. Would make good stories later on and whatnot. Not sure what kind of stories there would be to tell but I guess I should start now. Supposed to do at least one entry a week. Well, I bought a journal this week.

Journal entry 24
         Week started fine, training and classes were the same. Father is getting everything prepared for my coronation ceremony this month. So I’ve been traveling to all the other kingdoms and doing these “ceremonial trials” as he says to prove my worth to the other kings and would be kings.

Journal entry 28
          I swear I’m going crazy, going on all of these trips has to be messing up my head or something. Everytime I go somewhere I see this girl. Beautiful, white fur, blue eyes...sensual...frame. Ok! Stopping that now before I turn this journal into a novel for the sinful.

Journal entry 31
          Ok, not crazy. Saw the girl again in the next town we went to. I think she is following us. She never comes too close to me though. Always keeps eyeing my guards. Is she surveying me? I’m not sure, but I think I need to keep my eye on her as much as she keeps eyes on me.

Journal entry 32
          Met with the king and his son from the kingdom of the west today. Gotta say, compared to all of these other kings they are pretty relaxed. Not so uptight or really anything you’d expect from royalty. Hell we even had drinks out on the town tonight. Dad acted like he was my age, out with a friend.

Journal entry 39
          Today....well i’m not quite sure. Dad said we weren’t headed to a kingdom, but we were meeting a lord of some kind. It’s weird. He sent the two guards forward to the next kingdom to wait. They took the road, we took the forest...

Journal entry 43
          So, after that experience I believe I have seen everything there is to see in this land. Well, after we met my father’s friend we started our way to the last kingdom.

Journal entry 44
Today, I officially kicked some ass! We were attacked by a group of these masked thieves. The strangest part was the girl whom I’ve kept seeing was with them. Captured I suppose, for some kind of ransom to someone I believe. We helped her out of her situation and brought her with us.

Journal entry 258
This day might possibly be one of the greatest days of my life. The woman whose life was just a simple page that turned in my direction led me to this end. Today, my dear Celest, I pledge my life and soul to you.

Journal entry 834
Today I-

“Dear! I could use your assistance with these two!”
          “Yes yes, I’m coming! Can’t the boys give me just one day of rest?”. Marcus got up from his chair at his desk where he had been trying to write perhaps his last journal entry. It had been a long time since he’d opened it, and the pages had become fragile and faded. He was a dark furred feline, in his mid thirties, with long black hair tied up in a crosshair knot down his back. A large scar across his left eye was always the talk of any party. He closed the book and putting it up before leaving his study. The room was bound in shelves filled with books and relics ranging from swords to tomes filled with magic and languages.
          Outside were two brothers fighting on the floor as their mother stood over them waiting for blood to be drawn before getting involved. The brothers were known as Damien and Katin, or as his brother and others know him as Kat. They were twin felines whose body structure and expressions were exactly alike as the other. The biggest ways to tell apart the two were their slight voice differences, and the fact that Damien is pure white and Katin is dark grey.
          “I’m gonna kick your ass!”
          “I said it was an accident!”
Damien also has a mouth as dirty as a sailor.
          “Boys, what in the hell is going on?”. Marcus asked with an annoyed tone. The boys heard their father and quickly untangled from the floor and stood to their feet at attention. As if they were being berated by a drill sergeant.
          “Well, Damien is trying to kill me.”
          “Kick your ass, there's a difference, and only because he left my boots outside and they got torn to shreds by some animal! Now I have to get a new pair!”
         Marcus rubbed his temples slow and intensely. His son’s always reminded him of himself when he was young but the only difference is that there was two of them to deal with. He stopped rubbing and looked them in the eyes.
          “Katin, you need to be more respectful of your brother’s belongings.” Katin nodded and the guilt began to set in for letting his brother’s boots get ripped apart. Damien snickered at his brother for getting in trouble. “And you, Damien you need to stop using violence as a retort to every problem you encounter, and language! You know you shouldn’t be throwing around curses in nearly every sentence!” He said sternly to show he was being serious with his words. The brothers understood and nodded in acceptance of their father’s words. Truthfully, the brothers loved each other more than anything. Their quarrels were simply that and nothing else. Their blood couldn’t be thicker for each other. They turned round to head down the hall as they were stopped by their father’s words once more. “Hold up! You two need to go get ready. You know how important tonight is and we don’t have much time left before everyone gets here.”
          “We know dad. Don’t worry we’ll be ready for the big palooza you’re having.” Kat said with a sound of ease. Taking his brother with him as they ran away into the mansion. Their father sighed with exhaustion.
          “I’m not sure if I’m going to survive tonight.”
          “It will be fine my love. The boys know how much this means to you. One day they too will understand, but for now they will act as if the world is theirs.” she said softly hanging against his shoulder.
          “I guess you’re right. I should expect no less coming from our own children. Now then, we also should be getting ready. Tonight will be a night to remember.” He said to her as they walked back to their room to prepare for the night’s festivities.
          Hours pass and as preparations finish people started arriving at the mansion. All were told to follow the path towards the ballroom, filling it to capacity in mere minutes. Before them laid a buffet of decadent treats and meals that would tantalize any taste bud, and an orchestra to the opposite playing melodies that brought a cheerful ambiance to the room.
          As everyone became acquainted with one another, Marcus walked into view from behind a large door near the far end of the room opposite from the entrance. Behind him followed his wife and two sons. All were dressed in a form of royalty, but not so much as crowns and capes. Marcus wore his battle armaments with his most valued spoils and gifts adorned on his belts he had wrapped around him. Celeste wore a long white dress that cut on one side giving her ample room for movement. A red gem that was encased in dirt gold hung from her neck as well as other charms on her wrists and ankles. The boys matched each other, except in opposite colors, by wearing the attire that had been gifted to them by the other rulers of the adjoining kingdoms. Leather coats of opposing colors of black and white that had a symbol of royalty etched into its stitching. Silence fell as they walked in line to the center of the room. Marcus held his hands up and shouted, “This day we are here to celebrate not my sons, but the future of this great kingdom. For them to learn and experience what being a leader is truly about. We thank every one of you for being a part of this great family we all live in. Now let us embrace this night in the hopes of a better tomorrow!”. The ballroom erupted in a cheer. The boys stood proud with chests puffed out whilst their parents stood by them each laying a hand to a shoulder of their sons.
          The night progressed with a fervor. The guests danced and drank their fill. Party favors were made of crystals that would pop and burst into an array of lights and sparkles. The king and queen would be found mingling with old friends and acquaintances. Their sons, however, would find themselves at the hand of their age and the beautiful girls that were amongst them. Damien happily mingled with a group of girls that were crowded over in the corner gossiping about the party. Kat watched his brother’s stride. He was always a lady’s man.
          Whilst he left his brother to himself his attention was caught by another. A girl, feline in structure, with white fur and black stripes dressed in a dress that wasn’t very fancy. A cheap but pretty color of light blue decorated with white fluff at the bottom and snow-like flurries knitted up the side from the bottom right. Her hair was multicolored, had to be dyed. But the colors suited her. She was walking alone seeming to be at this event by her lonesome. He took his time watching her, and before long his feet started moving on their own as he made his way towards her. As he approached her she noticed his advances and quickly became flustered. She froze in place not sure what to say or do other than bow in respect.
          “Uhm...what are you doing?” He asked, not expecting the bow.
          “Oh, I-Uhh...”she stuttered as she stood back up with a face as red as a cherry. She kept her hands behind her back fidgeting her fingers betwixt themselves. “I’m sorry, your highness. I’m not used to these kind of festivities.” She said looking down in embarrassment. It was obvious she felt out of place . Kat rose his arm lending a hand out to her with a cheerful smile.
          “Hey, there’s no need for the formalities. I’m Katin, but most people call me Kat. What’s your name?”
          She looked up at him. The warmth of his smile calming her anxiety. She gently took hold of his hand. “I’m Deirdre. I’m afraid I don’t have a shorter version though.” She said with a cute and subtle giggle. Kat laughed from her remark as he took her hand and walked her out away from the center of the ballroom out to a balcony. He closed the doors behind them to shut out the noise.
          “That’s better. Now maybe we can enjoy the peace for a change.” He said as he leaned over the railing looking out to the city he called home. The lights shone as bright as the stars in the sky. “This place is wonderful, don’t you think?”
          “It can be. But I think the world away from here is even more magnificent. Beyond the gates and out into the world.” Deirdre stood beside him. Staring out into the night sky. The cool breeze blowing her dress gently waving it. The flurries on her dress dancing like winter snow.
          “Look! That star!” Kat pointed in the sky . A large bright light shone above all the rest.
          “Thats beautiful! It’s such a large star. I’ve never seen one so big before.”
          “Wait...is it getting...bigger?”