The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for a long-running RP partner with a relatively flexible schedule  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Beta8088_Proto

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Protogen
  • Coloring: White and green
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 200KG
  • Build: Standard
I won't get into why I'm specifically looking for someone who can deal with this, but I'm looking for an RP partner that doesn't mind storylines going for really long IRL times and is willing to work with a rather flexible sort of schedule. Time zones can be a real hassle and I've got times where I can't be online due to work and not being in a wifi spot, so that's an absolute must.

Other things:
1. I prefer Steam Chat, Furiffic.com's private message system, Facebook Messenger, or Skype. I am vehemently opposed to Discord because of its rather absurd UI overcomplications and the PM system here is super janky and inefficient. I don't have Kik, Telegram or other such IM's. PM me for my details on those if you're interested.

2. Am I open to more raunchy content in RP's? Well, definitely, but I won't look down on you if you don't.

3. I do NOT like overpowered OC's in RP's. Character flaws, all characters having to deal with the consequences of what they do, and working around the limitations of one's abilities/equipment make for far more engaging of an RP than just "*casts fireball and all teh bad guys die*"

And finally 4. If you use script style or some form of paragraph style, both are fine by me. But do keep in mind that I'm not going to, every time, write an entire paragraph for every single reply, and I'm only going to write an entire paragraph if I'm describing something important, my character needs to say a lot, or if they're doing something rather complex.

If not much is going on and, say, two characters go into a restaurant and eat, I'm not going to go on and on about the setting for three paragraphs and every single noise, smell and person in it. Generally I'm going to focus on what the characters are doing and saying, and provide NPC's with the sort of dialogue that they need.

If you don't like that I'm not going to write half a page every couple of minutes when I'm probably at work at a crosswalk, trying to see when the walk signal is lit or in a five minute break in between checking aquarium tanks' temperatures, or trying to get some repair done on my expensive hardware, turn away immediately.
Might without brains is a sure road to disaster.