The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New members names still show up in the old pinkish colour.  (Read 3685 times)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
New members names still show up in the old pinkish colour.
« on: August 01, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »
Like it said on the tin.

I know we switched from that pink colour to the dark grey-ish colour on the member names to make the "ambassador" rank stand out more above the regulair users, but it seems like new users joining the forum still get the pinkish colour on their display name.

I'm using firefox on a windows 10 PC. But the bug also shows on the Microsoft edge browser, as well as on my old Windows 7 PC.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: New members names still show up in the old pinkish colour.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 10:26:34 PM »
Do you have a screenshot to help with this? I personally see pink names on very-new members and grey-names on members that hit a certain point (at this time, I do not remember what point that is), but I see both pink and grey names together.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 10:36:10 PM »
Sure lemme get that for you.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 11:00:13 PM »
Yep. That's about what I see too. Pink names just haven't crossed that threshold yet. But honestly, I can't say what that threshold is or what exactly changes it from pink to grey. I don't think it's a bug but an indicator of who is new on why it still shows as pink. If you'd like, I can bring this one to Tweak's attention for confirmation.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 11:30:22 PM »
From a first glance at that screen I would say that the "treshold" is reaching the first rank.

You can see that all the pink names on that page showing the newest users, for whatever reasons, do not have a rank. While the ones that are "vibrating furbies" do have the regulair white colour.

Why some members don't have a rank, I don't know. I can't see any (in)consistencies between members that don't have a rank vs. members that do.

I personally also don't see why this would have been done on purpose.

The point of changing the regulair members names back to grey was that the name colour of someone with the new ambassador rank looked too similair to the name colour of a regulair user, wich could create confusion for new users.

Similairly, the rare users with pink names might be seen as seen as special members by other new members that do have the normal colour, making for more possible confusion.

But, yes. It would be marvellous if you could give the overlord of overlords a ring, since I deffinetly suspect that there's something wrong here...

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 10:07:58 AM »
Good find, Bricket.

Only members that are rankless show up in pink on the member list. This seems to be every user who registered on or after 09-04-2018 and made no posts. It does not matter whether a post changes their post count or not: even making a post in the furry freezer would change their name colour to grey and give them their Vibrating Furby rank. Because of this, the problem is mostly limited to the memberlist. The only other thing is that these members have their name on their profile also shown in white rather than grey.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 10:46:21 AM »
Good find, Bricket.

>:I

But then why are people making posts on the forum with their name still in pink?

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 01:59:59 PM »
Ah, my apologies. I guess I overlooked something.

Seems like you need to have at least a post count of 1 to change the name from pink to grey and get the Vibrating Furby rank if you registered after 09-04-2018. However, if the post count drops back to 0 for one reason or the other (like a deleted post), the user keeps the grey name and the Vibrating Furby rank.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »
Actually, now that you mention it...

The individual I just thought of does have a post count of 0, despite her having made a post that's still visible in the forum games board.

Perhaps this has got something to do with posts in forum games still not being counted as posts?

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 06:29:47 PM »
Yes. Posts in the forum games board do not count towards your actual post count.