Author Topic: Storm Songs RP Discussion, Signup & OOC  (Read 14726 times)

Offline CookieSkunk

• Skunks can be cute too...
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Coloring: black white purple
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Build: curvy
  • Reference: [link]
Storm Songs RP Discussion, Signup & OOC
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:01:01 AM »
Hiya!!

RP Name
Storm Songs

Scenario/Setting
It's set in a Dungeons & Dragons style world. There are humans and elves, dwarves and halflings, but also - since there are khajiit in Elder Scrolls, lizard folk in D&D and catfolk in pathfinder - I'll say there are anthros as well. Most of the scenario will be in the first post. The first post will be quite long, as I started this as a story that never took off. I only ever wrote a prologue so I figured it would be a good starting point. There is one character in it that is available to be claimed if someone wants it.

Rules
Standard rules apply.
  • Please do not god mod. You can't always win the fight, you can't always come away unscathed from a battle.
  • I don't mind a little bit of OOC comments added to the tail end of a post, but please try to keep the majority of it here.
  • I'm not going to force you to roll up a character and roll dice, but use common sense.
  • Please keep the posting order (below). This is the order in which people have joined and their characters approved.
  • Please keep posts to a small paragraph at least. I personally have been roleplaying for over 20 years and try to make my posts fairly long. But I can't do my post, if your is just a few words.
  • On that note, please write in third person. An example of that is:
    • Third person
      • Nascha smiled, lifting her hand to Tilla's cheek
    • VS First person
      • I smile, lifting my hand your cheek.

Character Template
Please fill out the following template. Approved characters will be added to the posting order and profiles in the second post (in spoilers to keep it easy to read)

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex/Gender:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Attire:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]

Posting Order
Spoiler for Hidden:
  • CookieSkunk
  • Toad-san-u
  • Ginger Ale
  • Wilco Whiteheart
  • Rayleonarde
  • Michen_S
  • Mika’la
  • NovaKamikazi

Approved Characters & who plays them
Spoiler for Hidden:
Player: CookieSkunk
Name: Isetta Bionnen (Eye-sett-uh  Bee-oh-nen)
Sex/Gender: female
Species: Lioness
Height: 5'3"
Weight: Lean build, around 150
Personality: caring and kind.
Attire: Often wears robes and leather armor, unless it's too hot.
Background: Works with her brother to run a tavern in their small desert town, since parents passed away.

Player: Toad-san-u
Name: Zane Shade’Tail
Sex/Gender: Male
Species: Black Fox
Height: 3’8
Weight: Lean build similar a swimmer.
Personality: Happy and job. Rarely upset but when do, become colder than ice.
Attire: Normally seen in black silky like robe. Under-robe is fishnet top and dark leather pant. Belt with many pouches and two bone dagger.
Background: Zane was a mage that work with shadow. He have dark history but always smile and nice even when he stealing or fighting his foe. He travel around to help and steal. However he does have moral. Chaos nice

Player: Ginger Ale
Name: Fulvius Isador Andrei
Species: American Badger/Ground Pangolin hybrid
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190 lbs. (20% of which is from his scales)
Personality: Easily distrated, prone to 'zoning out' and not listening. Short fuse when told what to do.
Attire: Wears only loose beige pants and a belt with many bags attached. Photosensitive eyes have him wear round sunglasses made from polished smoky quartz and brass.
Background: Fulvius is excellent at making devices and tools through many years of constant work as an apprentice. Though he possesses no magic of his own, he makes up for it with his creations which range from mundane tools and weapons, to mechanical computers and devices enhanced with mystical objects and materials.
Other: Sand-colored keratin scales cover his head, neck, shoulders, tops of arms, back, and tail. He has three very long, dull claws on his hands and feet.Wherever he isn't covered by his scales, he has very light green fur and the facial markings of an American Badger.

Player: Wilco Whiteheart
Name: Wilco Whiteheart
Age: Indeterminate (By looking at his features, what you could see anyway, you take a guess that he's around 18-20, a very young lad )
Species: Wolf
Height: 7' 4"
Weight: 67 kg
Personality: Jovial, sometimes grumpy, is easy to laugh at stupid things, can be emotional, but usually just hides away until it passes, or finds a way to deal with the emotions.
Attire: Usually wears a cloak out and about, though when in the forge, wears his fathers cape and wears a armor set of his own design.
Background: A jovial fellow when he was a wee boy, Wilco grew up to take on his father's trade, a blacksmith. He enjoyed it, yet when he found the whole concept of making the same things boring, he started to make new weapons and tools, testing them and selling them. He is a regular patron of the bar, yet recently, he seems more withdrawn from his usual self. His shop is not open it's usual hours, and his production has slowed. News has only reached a few people, yet most peole don't know why he's changed.

Player: Rayleonarde
Name: Rayleonarde "Ray" Blackburn
Age: Approximately 300 years old, considered a young adult
Species: Raccoonis Purpalis (raccoon mutation)
Height: 6' 2''
Weight: 200 lbs
Personality: Quiet until he becomes familiar, becomes very serious when he is tasked with a hunt.
Attire: While off-duty, Ray wears the scarlet and silver outfit of his home kingdom. When on duty, Ray dons the button-up white shirt, black pants, and leather greatcloak of the Imperial Hunters. The greatcloak has many internal pockets, enchanted with a weaker version of the Deep Pockets ritual.
Background:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Past the western mountains, beyond the great sea, lies the kingdom of Aetera. A land known for it's silver, coal, and saltpeter mines, and a horrible curse. The sun never rises in Aetera, a curse set upon the kingdom after the third Great Witch Hunt in the second era (1600 years ago). After recuperating from devastating losses, a new threat arose with the eternal moon; the beast-blood. Werebeasts of all sorts began swarming Aetera, which was only able to defend itself due to a blessing from the Gods, an abundance of extremely pure silver. With swords and arrows of blessed silver, Aeterna found it's place in the world; beast hunters. As the years passed, tools designed to hunt werebeasts became more advanced. In the fourth era (800 years ago), Queen Exella and her Grand Alchemic Society found Aetera's second secret; saltpeter. The mineral was quickly purposed into black powder, and simple fuse-based firearms quickly replaced the simple bow, small silver bullets replaced arrows. In the fifth era (400 years ago), the Imperial Hunters Legion was formed. Under the command of King Garrus, son of Queen Exella (who was slain in an attempted coup), the Imperial Hunters Legion began expeditions to eradicate werebeasts from all known lands.

After the fall of the Wolf Queen, in the fourth era, a second curse was set upon Aetera, the curse of beast-blood. All Aeterans born after the Wolf Queen's death were doomed to turn into the very thing Aeterans hated, werebeasts. If left unfettered, beast-blood causes the afflicted to transform into a bestial form, sending them into a bloodlust unknown to even the most bloodied warrior. The Grand Alchemic Society quickly developed a sort of temporary cure to the beast-blood, but its effect is usually negated by extended periods of rage. 

Rayleonarde is such one Hunter, sent by King Garrus to probe the presence of werebeasts in this country. He is the thirdborn child of the Blackburn family, whose matriarch, Julia, was a well renown veteran of the Wolf Queen War. Her beast-blood curse was especially brutal. Ronald, the first Blackburn son, was put to death at a young age due to his problems with controlling his temper. Rayleonarde, who has a similar issue, carries both the beast-blood cure and calming agents to keep him level headed.
Other: Ray's proclivity to find trouble is legendary, his prowess in combat is almost equal. He carries with him a silver triangular-bladed sword and a newly developed multi-barreled pistol (pepperbox) as his hunting weapons.

Player:Michen_S
Name: Zila Elfraem
Sex:Female
Species: Anthro Cheetah
Height: 160 cm
Weight: 47 kg
Personality: Zila doesn't know how to handle emotions and acts impatiently around others. She's angered easily and tends to be stubborn. She likes warm weather, staying in the dark and playing tricks on people. She prefers to be left alone most of the time. She seems to rely mostly on her speed. Zila's not very smart, but tends to distrust others quickly.

Appearance: Zila has a normal fur pattern and colour for a cheetah, including the white tail tip. She has a slender build. She wears long one-piece dark brown tunic with green edges on the cap, underside and sleeves. It seems to have a few holes here and there, and leaves the feet bare. Her tail sticks out of one of the holes in the back. The cap seems to be pretty large, making it difficult for people taller than her to look her directly in the eyes. She also seems to be carrying some sort of small weapon with her?

Background: She seemed to be quite happy as a child, before her puberty kicked in. Whilst learning how to take care of herself whilst her parents were out for work, she yearned for more. She snuck out of her town at night with almost nothing. Lost out in the woods and towns of her lands, she quickly learned the world was not what she imagined it to be. She managed to live a life out of theft, both for hire and for herself. Despite this all, she never found what she was looking for, nor does she remember what she was looking for when she left. Continuing to roam the land, she tends to travel a bit lighter than she should be.

Player: Mika’la
Character: Morgwyn Lataer (La-TEAR (as in a rip or tear))
Sex/Gender: Female (visually)
Species: Shapeshifter (preferred form is a pantheress)
Height: 5ft
Weight: Lean, muscular build at around 120lb
Occupation: Huntress, she sells her kills for whatever she needs
Personality: Standoffish at first, but fiercely loyal to her allies
Attire: She tends to wear dark colors that match her black fur, and takes special care to only wear things that stay close to her form and do not impede her movement
Background: Born a human of little note, around 16 years of age she was blessed with the gift of shape shifting. Originally she decided to use her shapeshifting ability for the benefit of humankind, she was  traumatized by the many wars of the humans and cane to the realization that the humans, which had so mistreated her and each other, would never appreciate her help, and so she became the protectors of nature and the natural order. She ended up choosing the form of a pantheress as her main body, and started a small family. But in times of need, she still employs her skills and gift in order to protect the world.

Player: NovaKamikazi
Character: Nova
Species: Draconic
Height: 6' 6"
Weight: 173lbs
Personality: Always suspicious, Deadly, but Loyal
Attire: Dark clothes with slits for his wings, broadsword
Background: Nova was enlisted into the Draycon Army at the age of fourteen. However, the king was a madman. They sent him, alone on suicide missions. Missions he shouldn't of been able to come back from. Impreesed by Nova's skill and courage, he put him on the kings personal guard. The next day. The king was assasinated. He was able to flee the country by morphing into a sword. But still had to fight his way out. People in this country make bets on how many people he's killed. No matter the number, it's always higher.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 03:06:16 AM by CookieSkunk »

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: half-fox and half-frog
  • Coloring: Mostly green with red tipping
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: Very light
  • Build: Slim
Re: Storm Songs RP Discussion, Signup & OOC
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 04:50:28 AM »
I up for this.
==============

*Zane Shade’Tail

*Mid-20

*Male

*Black Fox

*3’8

*Lean build similar a swimmer.

*Thief for hire and shadow mage

*Happy and job. Rarely upset but when do, become colder than ice.

*Normally seen in black silky like robe. Under-robe is fishnet top and dark leather pant. Belt with many pouches and two bone dagger.

*Zane was a mage that work with shadow. He have dark history but always smile and nice even when he stealing or fighting his foe. He travel around to help and steal. However he does have moral.

*Chaos nice

Sent from my RCT6513W87 using Tapatalk

........ RRRRMEW

Offline CookieSkunk

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 05:11:08 AM »
I up for this.
==============

*Zane Shade’Tail

*Mid-20

*Male

*Black Fox

*3’8

*Lean build similar a swimmer.

*Thief for hire and shadow mage

*Happy and job. Rarely upset but when do, become colder than ice.

*Normally seen in black silky like robe. Under-robe is fishnet top and dark leather pant. Belt with many pouches and two bone dagger.

*Zane was a mage that work with shadow. He have dark history but always smile and nice even when he stealing or fighting his foe. He travel around to help and steal. However he does have moral.

*Chaos nice

sounds good. Quite short?

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 05:15:23 AM »
Yeah. He basically a fennel fox. I not sure i have the correct name but the small fox with big bat ear.

Due to his small size and using shadow ability, It allow him to be a better thief and short term spy.

........ RRRRMEW

Offline CookieSkunk

• Avid Aardvark
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 05:18:50 AM »
fennec :) all good.

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 04:46:20 AM »
I can understand the waiting for other to join in. We can just talk abit to build the story alittle. I know that sometime it help when the ball is rolling quite nicely

........ RRRRMEW

Offline Ginger Ale

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: american badger/ground pangolin hybrid
  • Coloring: green
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: haven't measured in a while...
  • Build: A bit of muscle, but not a lot. Scales abound.
  • Currently: trying to make sense of everything
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 07:15:49 PM »
If you're still looking for people to join, I'd be happy to. I haven't done any serious roleplay in at least a year, so I'm pretty rusty.

Personality: Easily distrated, prone to 'zoning out' and not listening. Short fuse when told what to do.
Attire: Wears only loose beige pants and a belt with many bags attached. Photosensitive eyes have him wear round sunglasses made from polished smoky quartz and brass.
Background: Fulvius is excellent at making devices and tools through many years of constant work as an apprentice. Though he possesses no magic of his own, he makes up for it with his creations which range from mundane tools and weapons, to mechanical computers and devices enhanced with mystical objects and materials.
Other: Sand-colored keratin scales cover his head, neck, shoulders, tops of arms, back, and tail. He has three very long, dull claws on his hands and feet.Wherever he isn't covered by his scales, he has very light green fur and the facial markings of an American Badger.
"and maybe we weren't put on this earth to rape and pillage and ravage
because god created puppy dogs and god created kittens
and our love creates a power plant
that generates this world
and if we stop now
then we'll just disappear into oblivion"

-andrew jackson jihad

Offline CookieSkunk

• Avid Aardvark
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 09:16:08 PM »
If you're still looking for people to join, I'd be happy to. I haven't done any serious roleplay in at least a year, so I'm pretty rusty.

Looks good ^_^ I assume he's adult looking, but age not able to be determined by looking at him?

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 09:36:33 PM »
A American Badger/Ground Pangolin hybrid. I know the Badger, I even ran into few Badger. By the way, while they look cuddly.... .... .... Just run. It the Pangolin. Is that the scaly anteater?
........ RRRRMEW

Offline CookieSkunk

• Avid Aardvark
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 01:43:02 AM »
A American Badger/Ground Pangolin hybrid. I know the Badger, I even ran into few Badger. By the way, while they look cuddly.... .... .... Just run. It the Pangolin. Is that the scaly anteater?
Pangolin

Offline Ginger Ale

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: american badger/ground pangolin hybrid
  • Coloring: green
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: haven't measured in a while...
  • Build: A bit of muscle, but not a lot. Scales abound.
  • Currently: trying to make sense of everything
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 06:01:10 PM »

I assume he's adult looking, but age not able to be determined by looking at him?

You got it!
"and maybe we weren't put on this earth to rape and pillage and ravage
because god created puppy dogs and god created kittens
and our love creates a power plant
that generates this world
and if we stop now
then we'll just disappear into oblivion"

-andrew jackson jihad

Offline CookieSkunk

• Avid Aardvark
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 06:38:32 PM »

I assume he's adult looking, but age not able to be determined by looking at him?

You got it!

Sounds good to me ^_^

Feel free to jump in ^^ I'll add you to the top post

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 08:47:45 AM »
I'll give Ginger Ale little more time before I answer. I like to know how he plan to come in first.
........ RRRRMEW

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 12:55:10 PM »
Going by 3.5 version and by my size, I would be able to carry 50 pounds or so.

My questions is my shadow ability allow me to bend the shape and weight by so much. I wonder what would be my range without going godmoding. Like for a example, I can blend into shadow to squeeze into smaller area but I cant slide under tiny gap like under doorway. However due to my size, I can slide my hand into the door hole to pick it, hint my thief skill. Would this range be allow?

Due to ability to bend weight, it would allow me to carry little more so I can carry double(100pound) or quarter(75pound)?
........ RRRRMEW

Offline CookieSkunk

• Avid Aardvark
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 02:45:51 AM »
Going by 3.5 version and by my size, I would be able to carry 50 pounds or so.

My questions is my shadow ability allow me to bend the shape and weight by so much. I wonder what would be my range without going godmoding. Like for a example, I can blend into shadow to squeeze into smaller area but I cant slide under tiny gap like under doorway. However due to my size, I can slide my hand into the door hole to pick it, hint my thief skill. Would this range be allow?

Due to ability to bend weight, it would allow me to carry little more so I can carry double(100pound) or quarter(75pound)?

Within reason is fine.

My big thing with god-modding is when it comes to any battles. If you wanted to try and open a lock, struggle some. Since you can't see the handle, maybe have to fish around for it by feel? Common sense stuff. With the weight, I'd say an extra half as much (so normal 50, you could carry 75), assuming that that extra amount is taken up by the shadow realm.