The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: One thing that really brings my blood to a boil...  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Beta8088_Proto

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Protogen
  • Coloring: White and green
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 200KG
  • Build: Standard
One thing that really brings my blood to a boil...
« on: June 07, 2018, 05:19:23 AM »
...Seeing games like Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival. Not only am I incensed that they basically redid every single model from New Leaf in high definition to port it to the Wii U and didn't do something much better, but Nintendo seriously thinks that I, as a fan of the series since December 21st, 2001 (when I got my copy of Animal Crossing on the Gamecube for Christmas) will spend $60, plus the $30* (for ONE mandatory Amiibo; for multiple players you need to shell out more!) on top of the $400+ I already spent on a WiiU to play what is literally a generic board game that shouldn't even take electricity?!

Seriously, Amiibo Festival has a grand total of one input: Tapping an Amiibo to the Gamepad. What does that do? Roll dice. Then you watch an animation. Then you do it again. And again. And again.

...Why does this need to be on even something as crude as a ZX-80 again? There's no calculation involved, no further interaction. It's literally like playing the Mario Party board sections, without minigames, without an end, and even printer paper with scribbles on it in MS Paint has the required processing power to play the game and not even paper is dumb enough to find it engaging.

Rule of thumb: If you have a video game that literally can be completely emulated by scribbling in a math book, don't sell it on a game console! Sell it as a board game! And if you have a board game that needs a calculator and notepad to keep track of things, then just skip the calculator and port it to a handheld console so the calculations can be done under the hood, and the player can, oh, I dunno, PLAY THE GAME without having the entire game bogged down by typing into a calculator and tediously doing, essentially, maths homework instead of playing a game?!
Might without brains is a sure road to disaster.