The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Im scared that certain family and friends with know about me being a furry  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Oriaan

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/racoon (mostly fox)
  • Coloring: red, grey, black
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: pfft dunno
  • Build: bat/ demon wings apear sometimes,pretty thin,not very muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: active but also inactive
So before I start this it may be  important to note that I used to be one of the people who hated furries and than it all changed WHEN THE FIRE NATION ATTACKED (about 2 years ago)
SO yeah, certain friends of my school JOKE about me being a furry, idk if they know or not, if they do prob solved, if they dont and they find out that'll be an issue
BUT
my real issue is
MY COUSINS
I am so worried that they find out because there not fond of furries
  • Avatar by: Adrianepicl (me) (its old but im too lazy to chang ite currently lol)

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
My best advice is to just play it cool like it's no issue (because well, it isn't). Don't tell anyone who doesn't need to know, don't show it to anyone who doesn't need to know. Pretty much just try your best to keep it to yourself as much as you can. If you ever wind up slipping and get harassed for it, my best advice would just to ignore them and distance yourself from them as much as possible.
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline StarrySpelunker

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark Grey and Orange
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 100 lb
  • Build: muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Lurking

Sounds like you're on the younger side.

Does it really matter whether they know or not?  You don't have to tell people, maybe your parents if you want to go to a convention before you hit age of majority. if you want to break it real slow to relatives you can watch zootopia a bit. get more into loonytunes and that disney Robin hood flick.

Heck Just describe it as a group of people who like cartoons and put a ta more thought into the whole "if you were an animal what would you be." If you ask the question to non-furries you'll probably still get a pretty a close answer to the demographics in the fandom minus a lot of the invented or fantasy critters.