The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Whaddap yall  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Gr1n

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Ram
  • Coloring: Mostly white with some black stripes
  • Height: 5"6'
  • Weight: 127 lbs
  • Currently: Just chilling. Learning things.
Whaddap yall
« on: May 31, 2018, 06:54:21 PM »
Alright so I've wanted to join up in a forum for, uh... ever, really. But I never really got the hang of it. So consider this my attempt to do just that.

Hi, my name's Alex, but people pretty much just call me Sasha for reasons that took me embarrassingly long to learn. Gr1in/Grin work just fine too, since that's been my online handle for many years now.

So, long story short, born stateside, but parents moved over to Finland since schools are kinda way cheaper here. Now I'm just biding my time, saving up until I can move back to the states eventually. Been a furry for... like eight years? Feels like it's been forever, but I've never really made many friends since I'm just about as shy online as I am in person. Trying to gently make a change to that, hence I'm here!

What else should I say... I like a good game, love the sound of thunder outside, as long as I'm snug and warm under a blanket. Nothing beats a good movie in the right company... except maybe reading a good book after a long day at work.

Anything else and you're gonna have to ask. I'm really bad at this whole "Hey, my name is ___" thing.
Life's too short to not laugh it up.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Whaddap yall
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 07:30:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum Sasha! I hope you have a great time here and meet lots of new friends. Rams are cool! *Gives tiramisu*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Gr1n

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 07:53:21 PM »
That's the hope! And ooh, tiramisu! Haven't had that in ages! *Snatches some*

Hi Sasha, welcome to TFF! I wish you a nice stay here, and you got yourself a nice and detailed introduction thread, it was interesting to read. Oh, if you have discord you can find our official server on the homepage!

Feel free to send me a message if you need any help or if you have any doubts, I'm always glad to help. See you around and have fun!

Spoiler for Hidden:
And its very nice to find someone else who enjoys storms while under a nice warm blanket!

Ooh, discord! I haven't given that one a try... Maybe I should. Though it might take a moment for me to dare using my voice!

Spoiler for Hidden:
Storms + blankets = Literally the best thing ever. Seriously. Could listen to it for ages.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 08:45:15 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum! It's nice to meet you :3
What is a good game for you? That tells a lot sometimes.
I hope you enjoy your time here! If you have any questions or just want to chat send me a message.
See you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline Gr1n

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 11:25:52 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum! It's nice to meet you :3
What is a good game for you? That tells a lot sometimes.
I hope you enjoy your time here! If you have any questions or just want to chat send me a message.
See you around!

Oh man that's a tough one. I guess it depends on my mood, so I'll just answer on that.

Right now I'm enjoying revisiting Dragon's Dogma because it kinda tides me over for Monster Hunter World for PC... Big open world with lots of things to do, plenty flexibility and monsters. Kinda like D&D actually... and speaking of that, Divinity 2 has been awesome. But I always turn it on and then lose a few hours, so I try to take it in moderation.

If I just wanna go run around and have a bit of brain-off games, Titanfall 2 and Warframe are fun. Watch Dogs 2 is also cool because Wrench is simply the best.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 02:59:52 PM »
Drem Yol Lok, joorre. Zu'u los Lokahviing, but hereabouts I go by Romulan_Furry. My friends here call me Rom. Welcome to TFF! I, too, am a bit of a gamer - I take after my father, in fact, in that I collect those that pique my interest. And I have quite the collection already. I wonder, do you play any RTS or RPG games? Or is it primarily FPS for you (not that there's something wrong with that)?

Hoping you enjoy your stay,
--Rom
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 05:59:48 PM »
Welcome aboard, Sasha!

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Gr1n

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 08:31:57 PM »
Drem Yol Lok, joorre. Zu'u los Lokahviing, but hereabouts I go by Romulan_Furry. My friends here call me Rom. Welcome to TFF! I, too, am a bit of a gamer - I take after my father, in fact, in that I collect those that pique my interest. And I have quite the collection already. I wonder, do you play any RTS or RPG games? Or is it primarily FPS for you (not that there's something wrong with that)?

Hoping you enjoy your stay,
--Rom

Ooh, I know enough to see that's draconic, but not enough to understand anything past the first three! Nice to be here! RTS is something I loved more when I was young... We had a game called Perimeter on the family computer, and now that I think about it, I should have the CD tucked somewhere... Dungeon Keeper was also great, though I'm not sure if that counts. Love Dawn of War and Tyranids! Though I must admit I've grown out of RTS for the most part... Civ V does eat up so much time... RPG games I adore, though. Fallouts are great, and I think I've sank far too much time in Skyrim on like... three different consoles now. Witcher 3 is amazing too, and I still haven't finished it.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 09:55:01 PM »
Drem Yol Lok, joorre. Zu'u los Lokahviing.

Translation: Greetings, mortal. I am Lokahviing (Lokahviing being a dragon name meaning "winged sky hunter"). I would have expected one who has played Skyrim as extensively as you to know that. Still, no matter.

As for my games, I play and mod Skyrim, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Morrowind, and Oblivion. My RTS collection includes (but is not limited to) Sins of a Solar Empire, Star Wars: Empire at War and it's Forces of Corruption expansion, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Empire Earth, and Age of Empires II HD. I have other games in my collection, but way to many to name them all off the top of my head.

Nice to meet a fellow gamer!
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Gr1n

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 07:54:52 AM »
Drem Yol Lok, joorre. Zu'u los Lokahviing.

Translation: Greetings, mortal. I am Lokahviing (Lokahviing being a dragon name meaning "winged sky hunter"). I would have expected one who has played Skyrim as extensively as you to know that. Still, no matter.

As for my games, I play and mod Skyrim, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Morrowind, and Oblivion. My RTS collection includes (but is not limited to) Sins of a Solar Empire, Star Wars: Empire at War and it's Forces of Corruption expansion, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Empire Earth, and Age of Empires II HD. I have other games in my collection, but way to many to name them all off the top of my head.

Nice to meet a fellow gamer!

To be fair, I was always kind of just enjoying Paarthunax's voice to really pay much attention to that. And it has been a while since I played, so I can't remember all those things!

That's pretty expansive! New Vegas is definitely a fun one... should boot it up again. Always did enjoy giving a Deathclaw a few scritches under the chin.

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 07:50:49 PM »
Heya. May I ask why you're called Sasha? Hope to see ya around!

Offline Gr1n

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 08:35:58 PM »
Heya. May I ask why you're called Sasha? Hope to see ya around!

Because apparently "Alexander" is abbreviated to Sasha in east European dialects. I rather like it, too.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 08:20:44 PM »
Hi welcome to the forums! It's nice to see a new... mouth here?

...Okay.

Well, as long as you don't eat the rules, we'll be good. Also don't eat me. Or the admins. Or anyone else. And also not anything else that's not supposed to be edible. You get the point.

Sorry, I just don't trust floating mouths, okay?

Offline Gr1n

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 01:24:48 PM »
Hi welcome to the forums! It's nice to see a new... mouth here?

...Okay.

Well, as long as you don't eat
the rules, we'll be good. Also don't eat me. Or the admins. Or anyone else. And also not anything else that's not supposed to be edible. You get the point.

Sorry, I just don't trust floating mouths, okay?

And here I thought we were all progressive-like. Why not trust a floating mouth? Did one eat your dog or something? Terrible.

No but in all seriousness, nice to be here. Glad I've made some impression!

I promise not to eat anything not-edible. Unless it looks edible. That's an honest mistake, promise.