The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What does your fursona say about you?  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Strategos

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Blonde, brown and white
  • Height: 165 centimetres
  • Weight: 55 kilograms
  • Build: Slim, lightly fit
  • Currently: Meeting new friends on da forums!
What does your fursona say about you?
« on: May 29, 2018, 07:52:38 PM »
Is it based on who you are in real life? Perhaps, a polar opposite of your personality and looks (your ideal self)? Or is it more complicated than the two provided options? Do you have any connection with the chosen animal?

For me, it's a bunny. I chose this animal because, aside from the fact it's cute as all hell  :* , bunnies are quick, easily scared and more on the pasive side than the other way around. I relate with this animal on a personal level, seeing how my personality is so similar to that of a rabbit. I wouldn't have it any other way.

That's not to say that people with different types of personalities than their chosen animal cannot chose that one, quite the opposite (there are a lot of pacifists who have wolf fursonas, for example), and that's why I would like to hear your stories and reasons.

What made you pick that animal/s in particular and what does that animal say about you (if anything)?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 08:09:31 PM by WingedZephyr, Reason: fixed broken BB Code »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: What does your fursona say about you?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 08:15:33 PM »
Mine is a mixture of what I am, what I have been, and what I want to be - just like my real life self. :)

I chose a cat because cats are cute, clever, graceful, playful, skittish, lazy animals with keen instincts and a tendency to be selective in who they love. I chose a dragon because of they are wise, fearsome, defensive, protective, and rare creatures. A hybrid of both always just seemed perfect for me.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Strategos

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 08:21:35 PM »
Mine is a mixture of what I am, what I have been, and what I want to be - just like my real life self. :)

I chose a cat because cats are cute, clever, graceful, playful, skittish, lazy animals with keen instincts and a tendency to be selective in who they love. I chose a dragon because of they are wise, fearsome, defensive, protective, and rare creatures. A hybrid of both always just seemed perfect for me.

That's a pretty deep and cool idea for a fursona! It's weird that I've only now looked attentively at your profile picture, looks amazing! Catgon/Dracat? What's the name of the hybrid species?  XD

Post Merge: May 29, 2018, 08:22:47 PM
Oh, nevermind. It's Cagon. I'm still new to these forums!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 08:24:33 PM »
I call it a cagon, but I've heard other terms for it. :P

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 12:48:18 AM »
For me I really like my wolf dragon character as it represents a few things I particularly enjoy manifested in a single form. The color scheme represents many things to me.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Strategos

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 04:34:08 AM »
For me I really like my wolf dragon character as it represents a few things I particularly enjoy manifested in a single form. The color scheme represents many things to me.

Dragons seem to be quite popular within the fandom, both on their own and when mixed with other species. I can see why, though  :*

So, a Cagon and a Wolgon.

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 04:58:38 AM »
I'm not a dragon, but I do come from a world where dragons are worshiped as demi-gods, so...

I don't know that my choice of species says much about me. I just love cats of all shapes and sizes. My species, which I call the leoren, are basically part elf as well, which speaks to my love of fantasy and my mildly obsessive nature, since I felt compelled to some up with a backstory for how they came to be.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Strategos

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 02:33:20 PM »
I'm not a dragon, but I do come from a world where dragons are worshiped as demi-gods, so...

I don't know that my choice of species says much about me. I just love cats of all shapes and sizes. My species, which I call the leoren, are basically part elf as well, which speaks to my love of fantasy and my mildly obsessive nature, since I felt compelled to some up with a backstory for how they came to be.

Hey, I adore fantasy! My favorite genre to be honest, not too big into sci-fi. And I also enjoy imagining my own fantasy worlds, the species and cultures that inhabit that world, their histories and... well, everything!  :)

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 01:03:50 AM »
If you're interested, I have a thread about my fantasy world: https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=34692.0

I just realized looking back over it that I haven't written about how the leoren and the other intelligent animal species came to be.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 09:33:58 PM »
Long story or short story?

Let's do the short one. I was just thinking what animal I'd be if I was one. "Snow leopard" was the first animal that popped up in my head. I kept it since then. Maybe my therianthropy helped a hand in that, too.

As for the personality, it had to be based on mine. First I built it from the ground up, but a while after discovering animal/furry transformations I wanted Michen to become the answer on "How would it be if I transformed into my fursona?" Since I have autism, this decision could remove a few problems I have IRL, whilst also creating very new ones. My personality is nothing like a real feral snow leopard though. Well actually, I've seen a few tame big cats basically acting like oversized spoiled housecats on YouTube... Maybe it does fit.

Offline StarrySpelunker

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark Grey and Orange
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 100 lb
  • Build: muscular
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 05:18:08 PM »
I'm a bit of a hoarder. I'm very guarded around people. I don't talk much. I have a fascination with the crafts of human hands, I love caves, and more often than not I am a loner.

Offline holden

• Vibrating Furby
  • heavensent
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: hyena!
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 125 lbs or so
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 06:25:42 PM »
i made holdz a hyena because there's nothing i think is better than making someone laugh. and the fact i scare some people when i'm actually pretty cuddly.
other things:

- she has a red eye and a blue eye to represent 3D glasses, which i thought were the coolest as a kid.
- she has a tear in her ear. it looks like a scar, but it's actually a birthmark that is shared by her mother and great grandfather. this is after the birthmarks that run in my family where we have notches in our ears.
- she has patterns that look like stitches, symbolizing some of the rough things i've gotten over [and the fact i love stuffed animals].
  • Signature art by: me !
you don't know how lovely you are!

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 09:19:36 PM »
I picked a bat because I was chased by one when I was 10. Bats have extremely sensitive hearing, like myself, and they’re associated with dark comedy (at least that’s what I heard on Fur What It’s Worth).
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 10:00:49 PM »
- she has a tear in her ear. it looks like a scar, but it's actually a birthmark that is shared by her mother and great grandfather. this is after the birthmarks that run in my family where we have notches in our ears.
That's a neat detail. I hadn't heard of ear notches as a hereditary thing, though I know of a couple other ear shape variations that are hereditary.

Offline holden

• Vibrating Furby
  • heavensent
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: hyena!
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 125 lbs or so
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 02:17:34 AM »
oh, thanks!! and yeah, it's pretty weird. my mom used to be embarrassed of it when she was a kid and claimed a dog had bit her. i specifically included it to reference my great-grandfather, however, because i feel a close spiritual connection to him. mine is barely noticeable, but mom's is very prominent. not sure how my great-grandfather's looked, but my grandpa tells me he had one too.
  • Signature art by: me !
you don't know how lovely you are!