The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: National/International Shopping Preferences  (Read 1079 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
National/International Shopping Preferences
« on: April 20, 2018, 02:37:30 PM »
In this thread, the point of discussion is to talk about how you feel about products created in your country and/or products created outside of your country and your preference of purchasing those items. Do you prefer to purchase products made within your country, do you prefer to purchase products made outside of your country, does it matter either way to you?

I personally don't mind either way, I enjoy products from a variety of countries and I buy them all the time. If a company in South Korea makes great shoes, I'm gonna buy those shoes if I like them. I personally like to buy my shirts from foreign countries, however I buy my dress pants and jeans from the United States, the fabric may or may not be from the United States, but these clothes are comfortable. For electronics, almost all of it is from China and I don't mind, sometimes I'll buy some electronics that are made in Canada, Germany, Japan, Taiwan, Bangladesh, etc, I love buying products from a variety of places. I feel like having all of these varieties of products in my country causes more creativity to happen because people are flooded with so many different ideas and people come up with new ideas for new products even faster than ever before, so I find it all rather exciting.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline AceAurora

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
  • Coloring: Black Red and Green
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 220
  • Currently: Looking for somewhere to get Sushi
Re: National/International Shopping Preferences
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 03:27:06 AM »
For me it really depends on what it is. When it comes to stuff for building or repair stuff for my house I like it to be American made but if it's electronic then I would prefer Japan. When it comes to vehicles I like JDM stuff because of the fuel saving, but in terms of sheer power American muscle all the way.   
  • Signature art by: Me/ StarryBadWolf

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
Re: National/International Shopping Preferences
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 08:17:13 PM »
When it comes to most things, I don't mind import, such as clothes from Pakistan, electronics from Japan and such. But when it comes to food, I prefer to buy Norwegian whenever possible, for two reasons:
1) Less transport distance, so lower carbon footprint.
2) Again, less transport distance, so less "overhead" needed when considering spoiling, and thus produce like lettuce and apples can get more time to ripen before being harvested.