The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Little concepts by Nimbus  (Read 1400 times)

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
Little concepts by Nimbus
« on: April 19, 2018, 03:38:38 AM »
I've got a ton of bits of half developed characters. Honestly. I'm working on an unnamed world of dragons. If interested, please enjoy! I will get better names, for now just labels. Feel free to add ideas, or criticize (constructively). ^_^ [/size] Please forgive the many likely typos.
I have 10 main climate evolutions. You have Sand, Sea, Swamp, Field, Air, Rock, Fire, Forest, Frost, Lightning (mostly died out, very close to air). Each has a few ways to be found. Mainly as oriental or normal dragon for these I listed.
Sand- (dragon) plated on back, scorpion barb(lethal). Hot fire, used to make glass. Heat resistant scales. Sandy colored scales on average, plating and barb often darker. (Lung dragon) Rattles(usually). Bigger ears. All Sand variants quite musical. Long thin spines. Often patterned like desert snakes, have venomous fangs.
Bonus Sand- Mini dragons are rare. One mini here is a sand burrowing lindwyrm. They spit molten material that solidifies and traps small prey. Not much damage done to a big dragon, unless hit in eyes.
Sea- (dragon) Fins similar to a bluegill or lion fish on average. There is a TON of variation, and they can be based on any fish. Their base is often reflected in appearance and temperment. They breath mist/fog or scalding water. Needing to dtink and store this. Smaller dragon runs out quicker. Webbed feet on both main variants, and gills--also withstand high [/size]pressure and can see in pitch black water. (Lung dragon) Usually based on eels. Swift and graceful in water, less so on land. Sleek and cunning appearance. Glowing scales found in both variants, but more common in them. Small fish variants very rare. Think about foot long at max betta fish dragons. Very illusive, but pretty. Swamp- Oriental and dragon populations interbred a lot. Drakes(dragon minus wings) and dragons equally common. Built like alligators or crocodiles, with a thick body, neck, and tail, and stocky limbs. Webbed feet. Some interbreeding with sea dragons causes gills, but those without them can still hold their breath a long time. Like hiding in the mud. Greatest bite force of them all. Field- interbred, like swamp. Light build and very long legs. Walk in a springy way. A lot like deer, have antlers and rarely antelope horns. Big ears. Fastest runners, very swift and skillful. Quite skittish on average, and enjoy clashing antlers and racing. Amber jewelry is used over metals on average. The biggest(biggest, chubbiest, and oldest) one, Shaman, wears a TON of amber. They use a kind of hallucinagenic thing, a glowing blue type of mushroom, said to connect them to the spirits. Not all do this. Shaman glows blue from his eyes, underside of throat, and ears. He is the most connected to the 'spirit world'. Air- Fastest when in flight. Oriental very rare. The dragons have enormous wings, that appear like extra talons. Even having pads on the 'palm'. Can have feathers. Can stir up a lot of wind by beating their powerful wings. Known for harboring lightning dragons, and having vast libraries, they are excellent astronomers. Day and night variants, based on when they were born. Cumulous, a day variant, runs the biggest library. Oldest in his tribe, a bit younger than shaman. Very smart. Rock- Two variants. Often drakes or dragons. Burrowing and boulder variants. (Burrowing) Very large talons for digging, great dexterity. Often collectors and inventors. (One follows a semi steampunk style after amputating a bit of his body.) Good at small, focused flames for melding. Usually smaller-medium sized. (Boulder) Big and stocky. Biggest records size wise. Eat rocks and metals, heat it into lava, and spit that out.Very tough scaled. Bite force rivals swamp dragons'. Have a ceremony where a lot of precious metals, gems, and ores are eaten. Fire- Similar to rock. Though have fire and magma variants. (Fire) Your classic red/orange mean dragon. Very good fighters, very hot fire. Best firebreathers, and an explosive blast. Being very mean and aggressive, they've gained a bad reputation. (Magma) Often drakes. Swim in lava, have lavarock like scales, and a glowing internal heat. Cutting one could be dangerous, with such hot blood. Spewing lava doesn't help. They stay in a volcano, loving the heat. Forest- oriental and non oriental equal. (Dragon) Gecko like, with a fin frill. Change colors, and have a gecko tail that's chubby to store fat. Stocky build. (Oriental) Like boas. Large ears, and forked tongues. Usually venomous. Very strong coils. (Freya is based on a green tree boa, and is a decently-developed character.) There is a small variant here, good at hiding. Tree frog like, with batty ears and chameleon tails for climbing. Sticky feet and long sticky tongue. Eating one or getting bit results in potent venom. A very small amount can just knock a dragon out. They have a stretchy throat and stomach, and can eat things as big as them. Frost- oriental. Dragons seem to of slowly dwindled away. Softer skin, and frost breath. A mane of fur. They use frost breath on themselves for makeshift icy armor. Fur+frost= porcupine like quills that can rattle when moved. Very sharp. Keep a lot of historical things, just barely behind air. Lightning- most of tgem wiped out during a disaster long ago. Dragons have long, thin spines, and oriental have fluff. On average. Stormy colors mixed with bright highlights. Lightning. Not much known. NOTE. A small variant found in many environments. Amphitheres(lung dragon, plus wings, minus all legs and arms)! Can have more than two wings, one long wing, or many fins. Though rare. Also can have feathers, though also rare. Size varies. Often very small. Sometimes form hives. Queen if hive is alway bigger. One full dragon sized, the biggest hive queen. Dig, in caves(they sleep like bats in caves), in trees, in water. All over. Very skittish. Often snake like. Venom, fire, soarks, fog, etc. Depends on territory. Loners more common than hives. Dragons rarely see them, but when that happens, they may mention them as "pixies". Feel free to questions, please. ^_^

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
Re: Little concepts by Nimbus
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 03:41:19 AM »
Oh. Typed a lot. Sorry.. XD  that first odd tiny bit:
I've got a ton of bits of half developed characters. Honestly. I'm working on an unnamed world of dragons. If interested, please enjoy! I will get better names, for now just labels. Feel free to add ideas, or criticize (constructively). Please forgive the many likely typos.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 03:41:39 AM »
I like the sound of those sand dragons. The poison barbs on the tails in reference to scorpions sounds like an original idea I have not heard before, I would love to see a drawing of what that would actually look like!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

• Dancing Dragon
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 03:43:08 AM »
I'll try and get a few on here, though may have troubles with file size.  XD  Sorry for giant block of text. Maybe shoulda color coded

• Dancing Dragon
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 03:52:46 AM »
Another note! Hybrids. A lot of them. Certain tribes don't care, others harsh towards them. An island is completely hybrids who left their tribes.
Also, anyone who wants any of these, just ask! It's open. Though I'll give more details on the species you wanna make one of to have in the world. (Though lightning is the least developed.  XD )

• Dancing Dragon
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 10:36:36 PM »
I like the sound of those sand dragons. The poison barbs on the tails in reference to scorpions sounds like an original idea I have not heard before, I would love to see a drawing of what that would actually look like!
Didn't respond to this sorreh. I make them more scorpion like, but I will note they have a few similarities to Sandwings in Wings of Fire. I do not claim it as a 110% completely my own idea, it was influenced a tad bit. I just said "Hey, scorpions are cool. They're mentioned in this series, but I will use a similar concept and make them more scorpion like."
I've posted a lot on my own post.  <.<