The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Life with Fur  (Read 1620 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Life with Fur
« on: March 27, 2018, 01:00:17 PM »
What do you think life would be like if everyone had fur?

I often think about this sometimes!

I would think that getting into water would be the worst thing ever, because you would suddenly weigh significantly heavier and when you get dry, your fur would "poof" everywhere. Can you even imagine how much styling fees would cost? It would be so expensive x.x.

I think it would also be horrible everytime a Summer heat comes, you would be begging to get back in front of the air conditioner and because of that, would you even be able to wear clothes, except for pants, because of how hot you would be, all the time?

Then static electricity, it would be a nightmare, everytime you want to pick up or touch anything, possibly getting shocked or shocking things! Like, trying to put together a computer, the horror!

Beyond that even, shedding on everything, that would not be fun at all.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
Re: Life with Fur
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 04:27:47 PM »
So... this topic is interesting because my boyfriend is probably the hairiest person I have ever met. Ever.

And to be completely honest it is nothing BUT inconvenient. It’s especially uncomfortable “down there” because his hair literally balls up and gets yanked out by his pants. (I’ve started shaving his bum for him.)

It’s great for the winter it keeps him warm or whatever but oh my god in the summer he could be classified as a fountain with how much he sweats. THERES ALWAYS SO MUCH.

This is my Mans making a face. See that chest hair? Thicker in his back and shoulders and literally connects all over his body.

If he was any hairier he would literally classify as a mini bigfoot...  (because he’s like, 5’7’’ with size 12 feet... [American sizes])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »
It wouldn't be that heavy when it gets wet. I wouldn't stylize it and I'm not sure how you can stylize fur that's all over your body. Dyeing would be slightly more expensive if you want to cover your entire body.

We wouldn't suddenly grow fur overnight, we'd have a lot of time to adapt to all kinds of climates. I certainly wouldn't walk around shirtless and barefoot, that's just weird. OK, being shirtless is tolerable, but walking barefoot everywhere is gross.

Unless we're talking about having fur and being in 100% unchanged human form. That's just repulsive. But we would evolve to have fur a very long time ago, so we would be used to it.

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 12:19:42 PM »
Does the fur coat include an appropriate tail..??   that would make it 'interesting..'
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 10:09:22 AM »
We'd get hotter more easily and cleaning yourself would be a bit more involved. Clothes probably wouldn't be as important in this society because we already have insulation! I don't think it'd look as aesthetically pleasing as many people here would assume it would be, it'd basically just look like you're a big monkey
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 12:52:07 PM »
Devil's advocate?

We wear clothes for multiple reasons, and one of them is protection against the elements of nature. In specifically, we would generally need less clothing in very cold areas. Besides that, our culture and society would also be different as fur also can be used as natural cover for our body.

Of course, how big the positive and negative points are balanced also depends on how long the fur is, which has not been mentioned as of yet. Whilst yes, fur does get heavy when wet, it would not be as heavy if we had very short fur. Even with long fur this would only be a temporal trouble, and we would be able to shake the water off like dogs do. Or we could even have longer fur in winter and shorter in summer. Yes, the shedding would be annoying, but it might also give the biggest overall advantage. Guess everything has it's good and bad sides, huh?

Offline MuttButt

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Groovy Pup, Matty Mutt
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Canadian Tolling Retriever/Lab/Aussie Mutt
  • Coloring: brown
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Build: slender
  • Currently: soft and gay
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 02:08:14 PM »

And to be completely honest it is nothing BUT inconvenient. It’s especially uncomfortable “down there” because his hair literally balls up and gets yanked out by his pants. (I’ve started shaving his bum for him.)

You're a keeper! I know I'd feel blessed if I had somebody who was willing to shave my butt on the reg! It's such a pain to do it all by myself, I gotta squat over a hand mirror and everything x.x
Resident Hippie Mutt Dog~

pan/poly/any pronouns, DM friendly and partial to tummy rubs!