The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Reviving an old game, Hosting it now, and Need Players... Question is...  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Justin93Daniels

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • Leo the Human
    • Awards
  • Species: Human
  • Coloring: Pale skin. Dark brown hair. Thin brown stubble.
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 160 lbs.
  • Build: Tall, Thin, Slightly muscular.
  • Currently: Trying to make things happen.
Am I allowed to advertise it somewhere here, or perhaps its Discord Channel, while posting a few (SFW, of course) screenies and pics on this site?  Not entirely certain if it's approved or frowned upon to post links to external sites here, what with a situation that arose within RP Nation... though not gonna go into too much detail there.

Basically, this game is an old one that was abandoned by its original creator LONG ago, and adopted by several others in recent years, before it finally went semi-open sourced.  It had hundreds of players on at one time, with many more joining by the day!  I took up the mantle to revive it June of 2017.  Ever since then, we've had a whopping... 36 Players.  :sweatdrop: ...  XD

And today we have, on average... 4-5 players on during certain hours.  I feel like if there were more players online, it would be bustling again, and inspire our coder to get off his butt and help us grow this game back into an MMO Competitor! :D

I was wanting to (hopefully) expand its player base by advertising it in a forum, or maybe a few, as opposed to relying on trusting Social Media to invite people in, since doing so would almost be like lighting a torch inside a room covered in gasoline, with a bunch of propane in the air.

One spark, and there goes everything!

I'm just worried that posting it to the world in its current state would draw in the wrong kinds of crowds, y'know?  Of course, I'd encourage y'all to invite friends that you can trust, and all that. ^_^

The game, of course, is very strict on RP, and goes into in-depth details, despite being Sprite-Based, and coded on the BYOND Engine.  It doesn't even have HP, but rather, Blood Pools, and each organ, limb, and even your eyes, have their own "Condition" Percentage, and should they reach "0", you could potentially LOSE them, and... I can go on and on, but... eh, I'll spare y'all the details. ^_^

Anyways, I was just wondering if I can advertise it, or at the very least, post links to its Discord Channel, maybe a few links for a tutorial, etc. etc. ?

Thank you, in advance, whatever the answer might be! ^_^

Post Merge: March 12, 2018, 03:01:06 AM
Wait... this IS the right forum for this, right?! :O
A human among the anthropomorphic folks, adopted into a family of lions.  A minority to the public, but hey, these hands can work wonders in a world where everyone else has paws and claws, at least.