The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Adult Access badge  (Read 6802 times)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Re: Adult Access badge
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 01:20:24 PM »
I'm not sure if I like this idea, I feel like those who have access to the adult area should be able to "advertise" it on their own volition and we'd also have to avoid it looking like a status symbol.

Besides, merely having access to it doesn't necessarily mean that a user is very active there.

Personally, it's not really something I myself would like to have displayed just like that on my profile.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 11:38:40 PM »
I'm not shure if I mentioned this, but I second with Tim.

For some reason, if there was an adult board badge, I'd rather not have it shown on my profile.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 12:11:46 AM »
I'm not sure if I like this idea, I feel like those who have access to the adult area should be able to "advertise" it on their own volition and we'd also have to avoid it looking like a status symbol.

Besides, merely having access to it doesn't necessarily mean that a user is very active there.

Personally, it's not really something I myself would like to have displayed just like that on my profile.
As I said before this is not about a "Status symbol" any of the current rewards can do such a thing ,but this is not about that.

This is about an easier way to see who has access so that communication between those people can be smoother.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 12:52:27 AM »
I would suggest though, even then, I'd personally rather not advertise my having access to it even if it's only with those who also have access to it.

It's already quite easy to find other users with access to the adult area simply by checking who's been posting in there and who appears to be active in there. I just don't see much benefit in knowing who else has access yet don't spend much time there. And if you want to connect with others, why not just post something there and see if anyone responds?

Besides, I'd rather avoid suddenly receiving random PM's from other users going like "Ohai, I see you also have access to the adult area. I guess that means you're into adult stuff, yes?~ *murr murr wiggle wiggle*" ...
Proud to be a furry!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 12:57:52 AM »
Besides, I'd rather avoid suddenly receiving random PM's from other users going like "Ohai, I see you also have access to the adult area. I guess that means you're into adult stuff, yes?~ *murr murr wiggle wiggle*" ...

Yeah, that right there kind of solidifies my opinion that maybe it would best not to have one at all.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2018, 11:45:51 PM »
Or make it only show up on the profile page.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 11:37:03 PM »
You can. It doesn't have to be visible on posts.

Art stream:

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 11:49:10 PM »

Yeah, that right there kind of solidifies my opinion that maybe it would best not to have one at all.
To be honest the same could be said of  FurAffinity And Deviantart

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 11:20:34 AM »
To be honest the same could be said of  FurAffinity And Deviantart

Yep, why I'd rather avoid that possibly happening here too ;)
Proud to be a furry!

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 04:21:55 PM »
On another note what sort of icon would it be? perhaps an upsidown paw in the shape of a heart or something?
I will make it *^*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 04:37:16 PM »
On another note what sort of icon would it be? perhaps an upsidown paw in the shape of a heart or something?
I will make it *^*

Pretty sure at the moment we're not going to implement this anyway, but I prefer to make the awards myself to maintain consistency.

Art stream:

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 04:56:50 PM »
I would suggest though, even then, I'd personally rather not advertise my having access to it even if it's only with those who also have access to it.

It's already quite easy to find other users with access to the adult area simply by checking who's been posting in there and who appears to be active in there. I just don't see much benefit in knowing who else has access yet don't spend much time there. And if you want to connect with others, why not just post something there and see if anyone responds?

People are gonna approach and flirt regaurdless.

and as I understand it you can opt out of the identifier.

Overall I think its a good idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2018, 06:39:12 PM »
I don't think it's a good idea for pretty much the same reasons as many others have already mentioned before me.
If it has to be a thing, it should be an optional award, like the proud furry one.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 08:52:11 PM »
I don't think it's a good idea because it's going to lead to some sort of envy response and "I have more ability than you do, because I'm x years older."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer