The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Bad theater experiences  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Bad theater experiences
« on: February 14, 2018, 08:08:25 PM »
I'm willing to bet that most of the fine people reading this have watched a film in a theater at least once. I would love to know any awful experiences you've had because I'm an horrible person that feeds on the pain of others, thanks!

-----

This happened, I believe in 2012 or 13... for you see: pokemon black and white the movie was coming out in theaters and my sister really wanted to see them. I guess you could say I'm a casual pokemon fan as while I do like the games, I have no interest in the anime, manga, or anything else separate from the video games. Despite that I decided to accompany my sister to screen Pokemon: White as it was a sunny saturday noon and I had nothing to do.

While I don't remember much of the movie, I do remember two gentlemen who, SPENT OVER HALF OF THE MOVIE'S RUNTIME, LOUDLY ARGUING WHO WAS THE BIGGER POKEMON FAN INSTEAD OF WATCHING THE MOVIE YOU SPENT $15+ DOLLARS ON TO SEE!!!

"Naw dude, I got red and BLUE on release date!" 

"Man, I have a copy of the original green version!"

Ad infinitum.   

A lady who took her kids to see the movie had polity asked the two to quiet down over the course of most of the film, she got mad. She had it the worst as they sat in front of her and her kids. So, she quietly but loud enough for me to hear, said to the chaps:

"If you two don't shut the hell up I'll get my belt out and see how loud you''ll be when I beat your rears off!"

They never said a word for the rest of the film.

----

While I haven't watched The Dark Knight: Rises since its release in theaters, I really loved it, don't know if I will nowadays but that's irrelevant. It was overall a good experience. . . except for the fact that literally the entire length of the movie a little girl jerked her cup's straw off, making a grading scratching sound that almost made me bash my head against the wall.   

----

I saw the Witch with my dad a while back when it came out, an okay horror film that genuinely tried to be good, lacking in jumpscares and going mostly without music the whole film, building atmosphere. I might have enjoyed it more if four kids weren't running up and down the aisles, playing tag and screaming (Funny because Zootopia was playing too and I chose the Witch specifically because I wanted to avoid this). Their parents completely ignored them and finally when the manager came in to talk to get  them to deal with their bloody children, they didn't do anything.

Couple minutes later, about three ushers had to stand in the theater to make sure the kids don't disturb anymore folks.   

----

My final experience is my most recent one, I decide to go see Jeepers Creepers 3 as the first two were big guilty pleasures of mine. My local theater was playing it one night only at 8 pm; after seeing it I understand why. Also, the tickets were half-off so that attracted a LOT of people. Like, for the first and only time ever in my theater experience, it was packed. There were literally no seats left in the back and mid-row(s) me and my mom were forced to sit in the seats directly in front of the screen... like so close I had to push myself back into the seat to see most of it. 

My issue was not with the loud crowd as the movie was so bad it was honestly hilarious, you could predict every single scene as soon as the title card showed up. I could rant for years on this piece of bland, low budget, awfully acted, horse obsessed motion picture; but this is not about that.

As the previews were ending, a man loudly (like nearly shouting) at another man and his two female friends said: "These seats are mine, I got friends comin'!"

The man quickly got louder and more upset as the dude in the seat and his friends just ignored him. As the movie started the seated man finally said something to the gent: "**censor** you,"

The angry man tossed his drink and popcorn at the three, the surrounding people getting hit too. Dude man got out of his chair and nearly punched the angry guy, the only thing stopping him being his friends. The angry man was held back by a wall of ushers that ran in quickly after the drink and corn drop, a woman who I guessed was the AM's girlfriend pulled him away as he declared "I'm never coming here again!" 

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Bad theater experiences
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 07:56:46 PM »
Wow, there certainly are some... "unique" people attending the theaters of your area! I kind of wish it was the same here to be honest, there are quite a few near me but I never go because almost every time I'm either alone or with two or three other people, and it's pretty sad, I used to like watching movies with a lot other people to see their reactions but it's been so long since I last saw a cinema full of people, it probably was during a Harry Potter movie.

I think the only bad experience I had in a theater was when a guy a couple seats in front of me threw up all his popcorns because apparently he was going too fast. Pretty boring when compared to the stories above :P

These stories were pretty few and far in between, through in all fairness, I rarely go to the theaters so I imagine I would have a lot more experiences to talk about if I went more often. 

Offline Darknimesis

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
Re: Bad theater experiences
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 11:43:08 AM »
I go to the movies all the time. The last movie I seen was tomb raider, awsome by the way. Any who, I've never had a truly horrible experience, aside from some kicking the back of my seat, or the constant crinkling of candy wrappers. But I will say that going to a public theater to watch a movie is probably, in my opinion, the worst way to see a film, especially if you have a decent tv and sound system. Watching at home, you don't have to worry about the people talking during the film, take a restroom break anytime you like, and being tortured by some mysterious person with gas. That said, I understand why we go anyway, its a atmosphere thing. Thoughs are just my thoughts.
Be nice