The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: You know what I hate? MERGING!  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Justin93Daniels

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • Leo the Human
    • Awards
  • Species: Human
  • Coloring: Pale skin. Dark brown hair. Thin brown stubble.
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 160 lbs.
  • Build: Tall, Thin, Slightly muscular.
  • Currently: Trying to make things happen.
You know what I hate? MERGING!
« on: January 26, 2018, 07:55:28 AM »
Creative Writing area is supposed to allow us to write creatively.  So why, in the Fruity-Pebble Fudge, does the damn thing MERGE MY POSTS?!

Seriously!  I wrote over 20,000 words here, and yet I can't make it all in 1 post, SO I decide to split it up into parts.  Suddenly, BAM!  Merges the posts, and it's over 20,000 words again!

THERE GOES 5 FREAKIN' HOURS OF MY LIFE! So much work, wasted now... :S
A human among the anthropomorphic folks, adopted into a family of lions.  A minority to the public, but hey, these hands can work wonders in a world where everyone else has paws and claws, at least.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: You know what I hate? MERGING!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 09:10:29 AM »
Now, don't take this personally, because I've seen soo many people who don't know this.

God gave you paragraphs...

Use them...

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 10:53:26 AM »
Yeah merging is primarily for the other boards. Currently you can get around merging by waiting a day or so before posts. So if you really wanted to keep them separate just wait a day, then edit the original post so the "part 2" is edited out, and re-post part 2 and it should become a separate post
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 03:56:14 PM »
Changed the board to allow double posts.

In the future, please try to be more calm when you post a suggestion. I understand you're frustrated, but we are people who have lives and sometimes make mistakes. Please be patient with us, we try to fix issues as we can.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Justin93Daniels

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • Leo the Human
    • Awards
  • Species: Human
  • Coloring: Pale skin. Dark brown hair. Thin brown stubble.
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 160 lbs.
  • Build: Tall, Thin, Slightly muscular.
  • Currently: Trying to make things happen.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 06:06:33 PM »
Oh, thanks!  But don't worry, I wasn't frustrated at y'all... just the situation, really.  I already know it takes a lot of work and effort just to keep a forum running, so please, don't think I was frustrated at y'all for anything, personally!  Heck, if anything, thanks for at least keeping it up this far, and for this long!  ^_^
A human among the anthropomorphic folks, adopted into a family of lions.  A minority to the public, but hey, these hands can work wonders in a world where everyone else has paws and claws, at least.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 02:08:41 AM »
I understand! Happy to help. :)

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 05:10:06 AM »
Justin be proud because this topic ya got a reward even though you were on here for not even a month
not a signature

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 05:56:01 PM »
Now, don't take this personally, because I've seen soo many people who don't know this.

God gave you paragraphs...

Use them...
this is probably very late, but sometimes paragraphs don't fit the 'feel' a writer is going for.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:57:54 PM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13