The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Zootopia - "Operation: PAWPRINT"  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Justin93Daniels

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • Leo the Human
    • Awards
  • Species: Human
  • Coloring: Pale skin. Dark brown hair. Thin brown stubble.
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 160 lbs.
  • Build: Tall, Thin, Slightly muscular.
  • Currently: Trying to make things happen.
Zootopia - "Operation: PAWPRINT"
« on: January 26, 2018, 07:25:26 AM »
https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/5283ffcda5251dd756d283c3_0d3eda86.jpeg?region=168,96,943,528
Zootopia
Operation: "PAWPRINT"
Written By: Justin Daniels

Zootopia... a bustling city where "Anyone can be Anything"... where Predators and Prey coexist in peaceful harmony.
One year ago, after the Night Howler Incident, the bustling city was finally in a state of calmness.  Though there was still the occasional bust here and there, and a few misdemeanors from petty thugs, all was relatively easy for the ZPD.  And with Officer Nick Wilde, the first Fox Police Officer on the team, several more criminal organizations were quickly brought to justice, and the Crime Rates began to lower.  And right beside him, was his Commanding Officer, Judy Hopps, Zootopia's first Rabbit Officer... made famous for being the one in charge of the leading operation for the Night Howler Incident, and bringing it to a close.
However, with the start of a new year, comes a new case that may very well be a challenge for our famous pair... in the sense that they've mysteriously vanished!  The ZPD searches high and low for them... until the ZPD received a mysterious note.
A letter with a Fox's pawprint.
Within the following month, the same letter began to appear at the doorsteps of places where the main owners vanished.  Soon several more officers started to vanish, from Predators to Prey, Big to Small.
With panic now filling the streets, even simple Civilians have been called to be made aware.  A curfew was made for 8PM to be the time that everyone remain in their homes.  Anyone caught outside would be taken in for questioning.
And the Nocturnal Civilians, when inside, are to keep their doors and windows locked for anyone... even family.  The city has, since, gone into chaos, once again.
The ZPD's hold grows weaker with every passing day, however.  It won't be long until it turns to the Civilians to start getting involved with the investigations!

Meanwhile, in Bunnyburrow, several eyes are constantly open, in search for their local hero, Judy Hopps.  Her parents, devastated, search day and night for their beloved daughter.  But one month ago, when the disappearances began to fill the NEWS, another strange occurrence took place in the Carreton Farm - Relatives of the Hopps Family.
A Lunar Lander crashed in their fields.  Only one survivor was pulled from the wreckage - a creature of which they haven't seen before, with technology that seems very similar to their own, but written in an unknown language.
Could this strange Unidentified Creature have anything to do with these disappearances?  Ruby Carreton, the daughter of the farm, says otherwise, having been medicating the alien during the whole month that he was there... but without Judy there to defend her cousin, there's not much more she can say on the matter... especially since the events are far too close to simply mark as a mere "coincidence"...
Regardless, however, they decided to leave them be while he recovered.  They were given the request, however, to move into Zootopia, so that this strange figure could be under close surveillance.  They would be sent into an old farm, by her request, with a wall around it to keep any curious locals from spying on them.
But walls can only cover so much ground.  Giraffes would still be able to see over it, and Monkeys would have no trouble climbing it.  Felines would be able to leap over it, and Canines or Mice would be able to dig below it.
Whatever the case may be, another disappearance has been made... and it was none other than the former mayor, Bellweather, herself.  With the infamous "Night Howler" Boss out of the picture... well... this investigation just took an interesting turn...

Act I
Pilot.

Starting off 1 year before "Operation: PAWPRINT" is initiated.  With Judy and Nick on a week-long break, they decide to visit Bunnyburrow for two reasons; to join her parents and their party they were throwing for her... and to hopefully break the news of their young, blossoming relationship.  However, complications start to build up when Judy notices that her father, Stu Hopps, gives Nick the "Stink Eye".
In the meantime Ruby Carreton, one of Judy's many cousins, begins to think about a dilemma that begins to build up for herself... she's literally the only one in her family that's single... and she isn't far from coming of age!
Seeing Judy's cousin pained doesn't sit well for the Fox/Rabbit Couple.  And so, they decide to offer her the chance of a lifetime... an offer she is free to think about during their week-long stay.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/c/ca/Bunnyburrow_Exit.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160314224528
Bunnyburrow
One Year Ago...

Judy Hopps... Hero of Zootopia!  She challenged the strongest, and fought against all odds.  And what's more, she helped inspire a former criminal into becoming the first Fox Officer around!
Here she stands, with her thousands of brothers, sisters, and cousins (and with them being rabbits, that term is quite literal), in a party hosted by her parents, Bonnie and Stu Hopps.  Stu's younger sister, Carrie Carreton, is here as well, with her litter as well.
Standing next to Judy, is her favorite cousin, Ruby Carreton.  Unlike most of the other rabbits there, she stood out in the sense that her fur was completely white, and her nose was a very bright shade of pink.  It was her nose that gave her the name, "Ruby".
On her other side, is the only one that stands out the most... her partner (and almost secret crush) Nickolas Wilde, better known as the "First Fox Officer".
Ruby, holding onto her glass of Carrot Juice, takes a sip of it, before clearing her throat.  "So, Judy... I hear you've become quite famous up there in Zootopia!"
Judy nods her head, while taking a sip of her own Carrot Juice.  Nick, who was idly passed a glass of it as well, takes an inquisitive taste, but visibly blanches at it.  He does, however, hide his expression quickly when Stu looks his way, and nervously smiles, before rubbing his stomach.  "Mmm!  Who knew Carrot Juice could taste so good?"
This was enough for Stu to shrug his shoulders, and return to conversing with his brother-in-law, Bob Carreton.
Nick is about to take another sip of it, when Judy quickly downs her own drink, and immediately switches glasses with him... all of which before the glass even touches his lips.
He's taken aback by surprise, and turns to face Judy, who casually drinks from what was his glass, and gives her a clever, knowing smirk.
She winks back at him, before turning back to face Ruby, who witnessed the whole thing with a sly smile of her own.
"Oh... so, you went from being afraid of Foxes to crushing with one?"
Judy, having been a trained professional for hiding her emotions, simply hums out, "Mm-hmm!"
Ruby, however, knew Judy back when they were both little infants, and had ways to work around her stoic demeanor.
"Hmm... so do you both have a Predator/Prey fetish in bed?"
Immediately, Judy's drink goes down the wrong pipe.  Pulling the glass from her mouth, she starts to cough loudly.
"R-RUBY!" she stutters, her face now taking on a bright red hue.  She turns to face her parents, then sheepishly smiles and waves at them to ease their worried expressions.
Nick, of course, also turned red, and looked away from them, whistling idly in the process.
Ruby smiled victoriously.  "Oh, there's definitely something going on there..." she thought to herself, but decided not to pry.
She laughed and patted Judy on the shoulder.  "Relax, Jude, I'm just messin' with ya!  Your business is yours alone!  Besides, it's not like your parents seem to mind, right?"
Judy and Nick grow silent, causing Ruby to tilt her head confusedly.  "They... do know you're both a thing, right?"
Judy looks at Nick, who shrugs his shoulders.  She then turns to Ruby and shakes her head.
"No... we were actually gonna announce it while we were up here, but... well..."  She looks around, and inches closer to whisper, "You've seen how my father gives Nick the Stink-Eye, right?"
Ruby mouths out an "Oh..." before nodding her head in understanding.  She then whispers, "Sorry... well, for what it's worth, you've got my approval, Cuz."
Judy smiles at that, before nodding her head appreciatively.  "Thanks, Ruby..."  She then clears her throat, and decides to shift the subject a little.
"So anyways, how goes your Love Life?  You clearly already know mine..."
Ruby crosses her arms, and shrugs her shoulders.  "Eh... was thinkin' of saving myself for someone special.  Perhaps an Out-Of-Towner with a good back.  Besides, most of the folks here at home are either too young, or already seeing someone... sometimes, a bit of both."
Judy nudges her on the shoulder reassuringly.  "Oh, don't worry, Ruby.  I'm sure you'll find someone soon enough.  Heck, I doubt if your family's as uptight when it comes to... y'know... Interspecies Relationships..."
Ruby sighs, folding her arms over her chest.  "I know, I know... but even still, not many Interspecies Relationships work, anyways."
Nick raises a declarative finger up.  "Actually, isn't Gazelle dating a Cheetah?"
Ruby shakes her head.  "She's famous, though.  Any controversies between them both would likely stir up the media, otherwise.  And besides, she has Zootopia at her hoof-tips.  Almost anything she says becomes a law shortly after."
Judy rolls her eyes.  "Well hey, we're just trying to help you out.  Besides, it's not like your Knight in Shining Armor will just drop from the heavens, and swoon you with his amazing skills at everything!"
"What do you mean by that?"
"Oh come on, Ruby... you know you can't hide it from me.  I know you're still on about those old 'Alien' theories... and that conveniently hidden below your bed may or may not be more than a few oddly shaped-"
Ruby gasps, before covering Judy's mouth, and hissing.  "SHH!  We both agreed not to speak of that in public!"
Unfazed by her cousin's red-eyed glare (a hereditary feature she's used a few times on Nick, in fact), Judy casually pulls her paw from her mouth, and smiles slyly.  "Well, then... I'll keep your Alien Fantasies secret, if you keep my Fox Fantasies secret?  I mean, it's not like you were gonna do anything with that video footage of my reaction earlier, right?"
Ruby pauses for a moment, before sighing.  From the pocket in her overalls, she draws a miniature recorder, and taps on the "Delete" button.  "How did she... well, guess she is a cop, now..." she thought to herself, as the footage on the tiny screen on her watch faded into a blue screen.
When it's all been deleted, she whispers, "Okay, deal... but you can't tell me that there's no such thing as Aliens, while there's still a huge Universe out there that has yet to be explored!"
"Umm, Judy?  Ruby?" comes the voice of Bonnie, Judy's mother.
"Oh!  Mom!" Judy calls out.  She and Ruby break from their close proximity, and smile sheepishly at her.
"Heeey, Aunt Bonnie!" Ruby adds.  "Everything alright?"
Bonnie chuckles and nods her head.  "Of course, dearies.  I was just gonna say we were about to head on inside, and turn on the Telly for Movie Night.  Would you all like to join us?"
"Umm... I'm not so sure tha'ts a good i-" Judy begins, but Nick interrupts her, and smiles brightly.
"Of course, Mrs. Hopps!  We'd be happy to join you!"  He then winks at Ruby, and adds, "But, uhh... Judy and I were just asking Ruby how life in Bunnyburrow has been for her... wanting to get to know the relatives better.  Judy says that she did stand out like a sore thumb growing up... might visit here again in the future, after all, and I'd like to bring something more fitting to wear next time."
Bonnie nods her head, and waves a passive hand.  "Oh, well okay!  We'll be inside, whenever you young 'uns are done with your chatter!  Uncle Larry says he brought 'Floatzen' and 'Meowana' with him!  Supposedly some original ideas for a change, so it might just be worth watching!"
"That sounds great, Mrs. Hopps!  We'll wrap things up soon, and be right there!" Nick replies, waving at the departing rabbit.  When she's no longer in sight, it's just the three of them standing there outside.
"Okay, so... is there something else you guys needed to discuss?" Ruby asks him.  Judy also looks at him confusedly.
Nick shrugs his shoulders, before replying, "Well, a thought just occurred to me.  You say you aren't really interested in any of the locals here, correct?"
The two rabbits raise an inquisitive eyebrow at him, while Ruby replies, "Yes... but that doesn't necessarily mean that nobody will show up here eventually.  We get new visitors every day!  And besides, if worse comes to worse, I can just hook up with someone online, and-"
Nick shakes his head and gently pats her on the head, much to her displeasure.  "Ah, Ruby... are all bunnies this gullible?"
"Nick, that's enough," Judy interjects, before elbowing him in the ribs, and turning towards Ruby, "although aside from his... rude remark, he does raise a point... you can't just trust anyone you meet online, Ruby!  Do you realize how many Cyber Predators we've had to catch?  And no, it isn't just Predators that can be Cyber Predators... trust me."
Ruby sighs and shakes her head.  "Don't worry, I'll be fine... look, I see what's going on.  You're both suggesting you can hook me up with someone from Zootopia, right?"
They pause, before Judy looks at Nick for clarity.
Nick merely shrugs his shoulders and replies, "Well, think of it like this.  I know everyone in Zootopia.  Even a few rabbits, Meerkats, and Otters that might be right up your alley... and if not to hook up, didn't you want to do something besides being a Carrot Farmer?"
Ruby deadpans at him and shakes her head.  "Actually, no.  I kinda like the idea of being a Carrot Farmer... heck, even planned on growing more than just Carrots.  Broccoli, Tomatoes, and more."
"Yes, but think about it for a moment, Ruby... imagine you making history like your cousin did not too long ago!"
Her eyes remain deadpanned, but an inquisitive eyebrow raises once again.  "... Making history by growing plants in the city?"
"Ah, but here's the thing, Ruby!  Nobody in Zootopia has the same experience as a Bunny from Bunnyburrow!  The food and vegetables there are all manufactured and come in cans or TV Dinners... what they don't have, is a place where they can get home-grown goodies like in Bunnyburrow!"
"... You sure didn't seem to like the Carrot Juice earlier."
"... Not the point.  The point is, Ruby," he wraps an arm around her shoulder, and motions towards the fields, "Zootopia could use a touch of Bunnyburrow... if not for the opportunity to help support your family financially, you can at least start your own farm, and visit Judy more often!  And what's more, you can even start your own Name Brand Franchise!  Think - Carreton Farm's Home-Grown Veggies!"
Ruby raises a paw to reply, but pauses.  While she didn't like the sound of leaving the farm, she was aware of the financial situation her family was starting to get themselves into.  After all, rabbits are quite known for multiplying in more ways than one.
But then, there's the fact that her parents might've signed their farm to her as an inheritance, should tragedy strike.  As such, she would have to either sell their current home, or pass it over to one of her other siblings... one out of several hundred.
Judy noticed her cousin's distress, and placed a reassuring paw on her shoulder.  "Hey... this isn't a small decision.  Just think it over during our stay.  We'll understand and respect your decision regardless."
Ruby looks at her.  "So you agree as well, Judy?"
She shrugs her shoulders and replies, "Well, it's a bit sudden, and definitely something that Nick and I will be discussing this weekend," she glares at him while he meekly shrugs his shoulders, "... but I think it could be a good idea.  Zootopia's a wonderful place, despite the rumors it might've had these past few months.  With things calmed down, I don't see any problems with it.  And besides that, we can help pay for your trip up there, if you do decide to go."
Ruby rubs her chin, deep in thought.  Finally, a smile forms on her face, as she looks up at them.
"Thank you... but... I think I've already come up with a decision."
Nick nods his head and claps his paws together.  "Great!  So, while it may seem large at first, the city's layout is actually quite easy to memorize, so-"
"- I'm not going." Ruby interrupts.  Nick flinches at that, before looking at her confusedly.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:47:40 AM by Justin93Daniels »
A human among the anthropomorphic folks, adopted into a family of lions.  A minority to the public, but hey, these hands can work wonders in a world where everyone else has paws and claws, at least.

Offline Justin93Daniels

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • Leo the Human
    • Awards
  • Species: Human
  • Coloring: Pale skin. Dark brown hair. Thin brown stubble.
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 160 lbs.
  • Build: Tall, Thin, Slightly muscular.
  • Currently: Trying to make things happen.
Re: Zootopia - "Operation: PAWPRINT"
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 12:48:48 AM »
A few complications with the forum's 20,000 Word Limit and other things, the story is now on RP Nation.  You can find it here:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/zootopia-operation-pawprint.389789/
A human among the anthropomorphic folks, adopted into a family of lions.  A minority to the public, but hey, these hands can work wonders in a world where everyone else has paws and claws, at least.