The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: [Implemented] Question for members: creative writing board  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
[Implemented] Question for members: creative writing board
« on: January 18, 2018, 12:28:38 AM »
Hiya furs!

I don't know if you know, but the Personal Journals child board is members only, which means that guests and bots can't view it. Wel, recently a few of us were talking about whether that extra degree of privacy might also suit the Creative Writing board or part there of.

There are reasons why it might be good to have a members only option but there are reasons not to also.

So anyway, we'd like to hear if you guys have any thoughts about it!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:24:53 AM by Tweak »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
Re: Question for members: creative writing board
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 05:05:22 PM »
I actually want there to be a members-only creative writing board. I don't post any work on the creative writing board because random people can view it. I like to have my work be seen by the community only, because I trust you guys more than any random person. Plus, I have a problem with the index bots. I don't like my work being indexed and archived by random bots for any purpose. That's probably the main one. I don't care about them when it comes to my random posts, but my serious writing? It's my baby, and only those I trust can see my baby. Do not take data from my baby!

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 05:20:58 PM »
I was thinking the checkbox thing for individual threads would be a good idea. I dunno how hard that is to code, so if it's too much of a hassle, we'll have to make do with a second writing sub-board if we decide to do it.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 05:27:07 PM »
If it's possible to do without creating another subboard, a checkbox would be nice to implement for the artistic boards in general. Personally I would try to not have two boards for your own writing, because then we have the issue that all of our member's works is going to be divided into two boards, even if one is a subboard for the other.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 03:00:22 PM »
Just bumping this and having a thought.

If you put text in a SPOILER, do bots read it?

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 03:04:44 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm sure they do. The content of the spoiler is still in the page code.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 09:16:58 PM »
Ok, Creative Writing now has the ability to hide posts from guests by using a BB Code tag.

Just surround your text with

Code: [Select]
[hide login=1]This is a test post[/hide]
It'll appear to everyone who is logged in but will show an error when not. You can tell if text is hidden or not.

Hope this helps!

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
Re: [Implemented] Question for members: creative writing board
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 07:25:03 AM »
Legendary Tweak!