The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Question to the community: How should we contact you about events?  (Read 1730 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Hey guys!

So we're currently off and moving forward with making the forum more lively, but one thing that's gonna be a hard hurdle to jump over is getting the community involved. One of the problems I feel we have is that of communication between the staff and the members, that is as far as I can see not that many people actually check out the Announcement boards all that often. I can understand why, the announcements haven't been posted in much but I'm expecting a lot more interesting and relevant announcements to be posted in the future.

If we want to announce new competitions or new events that might interest a bunch of people, my question what do you think is the best way to contact you? How would you, as the community, like to be contacted?
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Question to the community: How should we contact you about events?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 01:09:38 AM »
Nothing important: Just the announcement boards
Event: via message, if people don't want the message, make them unsubscribe from the newsletter
Important announcement: via message

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 01:15:00 AM »
Do you mean from like a mass PM?

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 01:15:54 AM »
Yes, yes indeed.
Ofcourse everyone in BCC to keep it tidy  ^_^

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 01:18:08 AM »
It could be useful to implement a newsletter through PM from the control panel, enabled by default. So that every important announcement is received by everyone unless they specifically asked not to receive them. Email would be another option, but more than that, just the fact that announcements are always posted on the homepage seems to be enough to me.
Basically what I proposed, but said in different words.

With the exception that minor anouncements just go on the board whilst the major one goes in the PM

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 01:18:31 AM »
Well the homepage has been somewhat modified. I just see that not many people actually view the threads in question. The newsletter is an interesting idea I may try and bring up with the rest of the staff team.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 01:20:48 AM »
Well the homepage has been somewhat modified. I just see that not many people actually view the threads in question.
That's why I suggest keeping the minor change announcements on the board: the people interested in it can discover it.
The big ones however are clearly meant to be in a newsletter/Big PM to make everyone aware of the changes

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 03:33:44 PM »
Just a thought: we do have a "News" headline in the top right. Perhaps we could do something with that if we make it more visible?
Or just fill it with something that's just as weird as I've seen on an other forum... >.>