The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rebuilding  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
Rebuilding
« on: January 14, 2018, 11:10:11 PM »
So I've been gone for a good long while. I'll be opening up free art requests again here soon, I feel I'm almost ready to take it on again. But for right now, what's been going on.

Rewind to August. I wanted to apply for a second job, because lifeguarding isn't covering my rent in the slightest (I split the house mortgage and utilities with my brother and his boyfriend, so it's family, not freinds in an apartment) it comes to about $750 a month, and I'm lucky to make $700 a month as a lifeguard. So I apply for a few night shifts so it wouldn't interfere with my max hours as a lifeguard, and landed a job at Petsmart. I had to do a drug test and passed, that same day my brother left a typed out letter on my pillow essentially saying I have until my birthday to move out (January 4th). He didn't give me a solid explanation, the closest he got was saying that he didn't like to see all my stuff cramped in one room (It is hard a times with my sewing and costume supplies, my computer and work, and my bed all in one room, but I don't mind it overall). So of course now I'm scrambling to get a place figured out where I can move, figure out how I can fit a third job and still get 4 hours of sleep each day.

Come September, when I officially started working Petsmart (I worked overnight stocking, so my hours were around midnight to 7, so I could be at my other job at 8. It's a 14 mile drive one way and takes half an hour on a good day) and I got the chance to work the front desk at my rec center, and got a huge pay raise, from $9.50 an hour to 14.32 an hour. The first week was rocky, but then I settled with both my bosses my hours, which come out to an average of 17 hour days (including travel), 6 days a week. I worked max hours at both, and managed to pay off my brother finally after a month (first of October). My schedule was sleep by 3 pm (or 6 on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I was off at 5), wake up at 11 pm, work until 7, drive home and get about half an hour to get ready before I went to my other job at 8.

It wasn't too bad actually, probably because both jobs are so different that it doesn't feel like I've already worked 7 hours when I get home to get ready for work. So I hammered each day out and did a sleep/work cycle.

Thanksgiving eve, a fight broke out because of misunderstandings. Basically my mom is stupid and overprotective and I had no idea she told my brother and his boyfriend how to behave around me (she's esseically against the 'gay lifestyle' and didnt'want them to cuss or watch R movies, etc), and the boyfriend snapped and couldn't take it anymore. My not knowing where it came from naturally thought his anger at me was actually towards me, I didn't sleep that night, called a shit ton of apartment and condos and managed to get one set up for a possible showing mid December. Thanksgiving was good, but I was exhausted and was up for almost 3 whole days, because I worked petsmart Thanksgiving still (Yes petsmart is closed, the stockers still have work to do).

After I got some sleep finally, I wrote a letter to both my brother and Paul (the boyreind) asking for a house meeting. I had ZERO FRIGGIN clue that people were talking about how to behave around ME, when both their 29 and 31 year old vocal cords wouldn't talk to me. So me, the less mature 18 year old, assembled the house meeting. I have Sundays off (half day, still gotta go to bed by 3) so I set it up for then.
What went down was after clearing up that my mom and dad are jerks and that they should've talked to me before assuming I still have to be viewed as a golden angle child, both my brother and Paul agreed that I shouldnt'worry about moving out, that when they were my age they hung out with freinds, were never home, did teenager stuff, and I never experienced that because I'm home for two hours if I'm lucky before I need to go to bed or go to work. So I thought about it, and said December 31st wil lbe my last day at petsmart.
I worked both jobs for 4 months, but I chose the rec center over petsmart 1. for the better pay (petsmart was $11 / hour)  2. the rec is much closer (1 1/2 miles instead of 14) and They're friendlier at the rec than at petsmart (they were great people, but I prefer the rec center folks).

So that's that. The last half of the month I've been catching up on a Sergal head, getting another fursuit set up to build, and catching up on life in general. I'm almost there, just a few more things I want to clear out before I'm back to normal (and a massage day and bath in order).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:27:12 AM by Nori »

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
Re: Rebuilding
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 04:03:35 PM »
Wow, you've been through quite a bit.
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 07:46:22 PM »
On first sight, kind of is a shame that you're spending all of your time working, at the age of 18, but it scertainly isn't without it's disadvantages either.

By working this hard, and by being conflicted with these problems, at such an age, you're receiving a really high edge on anyone your age. Handling these problem is, like you've already seem to have noted, making a huge jump in your development, and becoming much more mature, serious, and responsible.

But that raises the question, though...

Wouldn't you rather be studying, so you won't have to work yourself to a heap of nothing, to make a living?

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 08:51:28 PM »
@shoon   Sorry I haven't been on skype, I'll be on a bit more now though if you wanted any help on art, you're doing an amazing job though!!

@a brisky little challenger   I need money to be able to get classes at a college to study unfortunately, but with how my commissions with my buisness are going, I might take an online course in business and finance, not really for an exact career but to just give me some knowledge for how to handle my company better. High school has been done for two years, I graduated a year early with my AP classes, so that's all taken care of and graduated. I have a savings, but I want to take my car in to get fixed and actually get a doctor in order, which will be a pretty big expense.