The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Viewing a user's posts takes a long time to load  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Viewing a user's posts takes a long time to load
« on: January 12, 2018, 02:24:38 PM »
If I go onto a user's profile (i.e. my own) and click to see all their posts, the page will often take a significant amount of time to load, depending on the user I've had it take anywhere from like 10-30 seconds.

A select few times I've even gotten a timeout message (basically the typical Cloudflare "Connection timed out" error page), though a refresh usually fixes it when that happens.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Viewing a user's posts takes a long time to load
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 01:02:50 AM »
I can confirm that on my end reading posts does take a rather long time for users with many posts, I figured that might just be a technical limitation in the underlying software rather than an outright bug but I could be wrong.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 03:22:09 AM »
Just want to say I noticed this too, not that it's urgent to fix or anything. Another user confirming the situation exists.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 04:55:25 AM »
Yeah, same here. Once it took a couple minutes for me. I even checked on a person who had only two posts and it took a stupid amount of time.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 08:47:59 PM »
Been seeing it as well. Thought it might have been a data-indexing issue, but did not seem too bothered by it.