The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I just lost some faith in humanity...  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Most Online
  • Earlier known as Ulvus Lumia
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown fox
  • Coloring: Brown, dark brown, grey, beige
  • Height: 1m 73cm (5'8")
  • Weight: 53 kg. (117 lb.)
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *Browsing memes*
I just lost some faith in humanity...
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:04:37 AM »
So I just woke up to something horrible today.

For those of you who don't know, Logan Paul has recently been uploading vlogs of him and his friends having a trip to Japan. They've already been acting like tools and breaking a lot of social norms in the country already, but on december 31st, he crossed the line BIG TIME.

For those who don't know, there is a forest in Japan called the suicide forest, where lots of people go in to take their lives. Apparently they decided it would be a fun thing to go in there and explore, and then they found a DEAD BODY. Yeah, a man hanging by a noose. AND THEY FILMED IT! WIth several close-ups.
And not only that, they put it in the freakin' thumbnail, and called the video "We found a dead body in the forest"

Plus, the video had 6.2 million views and WAY too many likes. Not only that, it reached #10 in trending.

It's really not the way I wanted 2018 to start out with, since this is 100% going to be in Japan's news, and it's gonna make it a lot harder for white people to work or even just visit Japan, since they're gonna judge ALL of us because of him. Not to mention, that you just don't put a FREAKING DEAD BODY IN YOUR THUMBNAIL, LET ALONE YOUR VIDEO.

It's just something that I wanted to get off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Please check out my DeviantArt page!
I would greatly appreciate it.

Reference sheet by myself!

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
Re: I just lost some faith in humanity...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 11:50:20 AM »
wow he has no respect, I dont watch 'popular' or 'trending' videos and this just proofs why
not a signature

Offline s0ul_d3ww

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Whatever.
    • Global PokédeX Plus
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat/Robot Hybrid.
  • Coloring: Solid dark gray.
  • Height: ???
  • Weight: ???
  • Build: Bit chubby, bulky with robotic parts.
  • Currently: I'm doing okay.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 01:59:48 PM »
Yeah. I heard about this from boogie2988 this morning. Logan Paul and his brother are like parasites really. They thrive off of attention, both good and bad attention. Chances are they weren't getting enough in their opinion and they decided to do this. This action is not acceptable and I imagine (as boogie2988 said) it might even cause Adpocalapse 3.0.

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 11:09:13 PM »
The good thing is that he just took a huge dent to his career both on and off youtube
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 11:29:17 PM »
it just gets worse and worse with him, huh?
Blaaa why do people like this exist

Offline s0ul_d3ww

• Avid Aardvark
  • Whatever.
    • Global PokédeX Plus
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat/Robot Hybrid.
  • Coloring: Solid dark gray.
  • Height: ???
  • Weight: ???
  • Build: Bit chubby, bulky with robotic parts.
  • Currently: I'm doing okay.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 03:05:13 AM »
it just gets worse and worse with him, huh?
Blaaa why do people like this exist

Money, probably.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 01:28:54 PM »
Can't imagine how bad that poor fella that hung himself would feel...

For starters, he decided that he wanted to end his life, and went to this creepy suicide forest, where there's dozens of people who've already killed himself before he was there, and actually hung himself.

And, if that isn't sad enough some [REDACTED] bleachass tourists mongs showed who went ahead and filmed his dead body dangling from a rope while proceeding to squawk about it, like a bunch of complete retards, purely for their own personal gain in some shitty vlog...

"DUUUUURRRRRRRR, DEAD GUY!"

Have some respect and dignity for the dead, ffs...

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
  • Sleep comes quick with hot cocoa and a blanket.
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Blue and white.
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 140 lbs.
  • Currently: Contemplating the perplexity of complex metallurgy that is my paper clip.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 11:31:20 PM »
Though I am in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM defending the despicable actions taken by him. I feel it also important to understand that he is in a different mindset then presumably everyone on this forum. He is young, rich, and has an overwhelming popularity. This would cause all kinds of stress non of us would be able to relate to. At least he owned up to his error.

Again, I am not defending, I just don't think crucifying him will help. And this is coming from someone who had a lot of suicides in my family and had personally, in the past, struggled with suicidal tendencies; I would be mortified if my dead body, or the dead body of a loved one, was publicly put up on display for all the internet to see. I am also mortified for the family that experienced this.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 02:19:13 AM »
Well logan's brother Jake was involved in a lot of controversy before for similar (not the same) reasons of tackling sensitive issues, so really at some point he probably should have known what is and isn't acceptable to publish.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
  • Sleep comes quick with hot cocoa and a blanket.
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Blue and white.
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 140 lbs.
  • Currently: Contemplating the perplexity of complex metallurgy that is my paper clip.
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 08:09:04 AM »
@ anoni

Right, well, I think I may have been to quick to post anyway. I know very little about that guy and know nothing about his brother. I actually only heard in passing some of what happened and did not even see the video.

It is well advised to keep quite in matters one knows little about. I should have just remained quiet.

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 08:58:09 AM »
I've actually seen an update from this and I've seen one article that wants him banned from youtube. And at least one lawsuit.

On the personal side though? I believe he only apologized because of the backlash and he shouldn't have been messing around in a place he shouldn't have been in knowing what kind of forest it was.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 10:44:01 AM »
This is classic modern media, though...

A guy makes a video in wich there's a dead guy, and he sorta just laughs at it. And, shure it's wrong, and he shouldn't be doing that. But then he proceedes to be labelled almost as the epicentre of the entire human races moral problems, and gets lawsuits thrown against him, and people rowding to get him kicked off youtube, the entire circus lasting for weeks, if not months...

And, in cases like this, sometimes I think that 'ol Donald may be right...

Are there really not more important things to put in the news?

Spoiler for Hidden:
Yes. There are...

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 02:11:03 PM »
So basically yet another internet clown did something stupid, pissed off a lot of people and posted some fake ass apology. Then other famous people will make videos about him just so they can stay relevant and get more views. That doesn't surprise me to be honest.

I don't know who Logan Paul is, but yea, judging by what others say he's the type of guy who would film a dead person, be a socially awkward asswipe, and sell his entire family to slavery for 5 bucks and 10 views.

There are way worse people than this little asshole.

Offline flurry

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: lemurdog
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 01:58:19 AM »
I don't think it's going to make it that much harder for white people to live in Japan, although it might affect specific tourist activities and such like the fish market having tighter regulations.
Many Japanese people look up to foreigners even if they treat them slightly differently and I think they recognise that Logan Paul i just a big joke, like other youtubers who take it too far.
Logan Paul is pretty crazy though hopefully his big ego learns from this XP or not lol, tbh I never knew he existed till this thing happened. I don't get why go Japan when u jus gonna screw everyone over.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 08:23:34 AM »
My view: Very disrespectful thing to do, to say the least. I haven't seen the full video (nor even heard of this guy before) but saw some clips in a commentary. And if what people say about his past are true, I suppose this isn't totally surprising.

The commentator mentioned how he looked so insincere and giggly while talking about the body. Someone in the comments section brought up a fact I knew about before but didn't come to mind at first.

When people are in shock and nervousness, they often act giggly and awkward. It's a natural mechanism to cope with the stress. Like when you're in a lot of pain and start laughing. That may not actually be the case in this specific incident, but I think that's something people should acknowledge in general because I've seen some get upset when they see others with that response. People who are giggling while seeing or experiencing horrific things aren't necessarily giggling at those things.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:34:13 AM by Evnamishko »