The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How to fix the trust  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
How to fix the trust
« on: December 26, 2017, 03:25:34 AM »
I sincerely hope I'm the only one,
but this whole issue regarding ventus Fall (I'm not goin got blame anyone, this is not the meaning of the thread) has kinda made me lost the faith in the the whole system.
This does't mean I've lost faith in the staff, yes Anoni and I may have some fierce discussions or may have different opnions but this doesn't mean I respect him less, I just feel like the system has "failed".

So, I'm wondering, how can we make the staff team regain their trust from us, the users?
It's possible here won't come any further suggestions from here, but it may mean there might be a need for more transperancy, or for better communication?
Yes, I'm also stuck on this matter, but if someone may have a suggestion to regain trust in the system or how to make the staff system more humane (for example when there is an issue with a member: talk to him/her) please tell me.
I don't have suggestions either, but I'm curious too.

Dear staff: I have full faith in you, but... this whole situation, what can we users do about it  :(

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: How to fix the trust
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 04:17:04 AM »
See, I know this seems like a big issue that kinda involves everyone but when you really think about the whole thing, its kinda just more an internal staff matter. Let me just explain the situation as it is now, or at least as it is on face value. A moderator was removed from the staff, there were reasons for their removal and those reasons were valid, another moderator volunteered to leave due to a personal relationship with the previous moderator.

Everything was fine for a few days then the first moderator who left decided to try and rile people up, talked to many of the current staff team and posted several threads in the public in order to kinda rile people up. The Current staff were upset at first, but after the situation was explained, all the facts revealed and so forth, most of the staff (or at least all I've seen and know about) believed that moderators removal to be justified. With all the reasoning as to why things happened the way they happened to explain most moderators, I believe, are now OK with how things have been handled, maybe they could have been handled a little better but given all the variables involved it probably was justified (I could be wrong about this). So really, in terms of the staff side, this problem has mostly been resolved with only a few lingering issues.

Really, when you think about this, this is just staff drama. Drama inevitably happens in any site, emotions can get flared and so forth, but it happens and the main thing really, I think, is to move on from this.

Is there anyway to make drama less likely to happen? It's kinda hard to say, we are reworking some of the ways the staff team handle staff related issues, but in terms of the actual staff-user reaction this kinda thing has very little to do with that. Staff are still moderating as they normally do (it's christmas so many people are away atm), everyone knows what's up and we do have some future interesting things we want to propose to the community (but we haven't fleshed out the details yet so we just gonna wait until that's all figured out).

This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and no matter what we do this probably won't be the last, drama is inevitable especially when you're on a site run by volunteers :). But, you can know that in terms of the staff team themselves the drama has basically been resolved.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 04:26:13 AM »
Really, when you think about this, this is just staff drama. Drama inevitably happens in any site, emotions can get flared and so forth, but it happens and the main thing really, I think, is to move on from this.
I don't want to flare up the drama, I know the damage that this can do.

But you must admit that it kinda makes us feel like: "how could this happen?"

As far it's internel issues? I agree, maybe it was for the best if this wasn't made public, yet I refuse taking sides here.
But still... how can we regain the trust?
I mean: I trust you guys and I know you do a great job yet it still kinda... I don't know how to say it...., it feels weird :/
And I feel sorry for saying this

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 04:38:29 AM »
My suggestion, talk to the mods.

And I don't mean just me, I mean any mod, any mod you trust or feels opinion is valid. I think all the current mods have basically all the information from both sides. And I'm not saying that because I feel like the mods will agree with me, some mods might not agree, but talking with people, getting their perspective, I think it'll help in this scenario.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 04:46:11 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion.
I feel like I did more harm with opening this thread than good

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 04:47:01 AM »
I don't want to flare up the drama, I know the damage that this can do.

But you must admit that it kinda makes us feel like: "how could this happen?"

It happens because we're human, all of us. We all try to do our best, but we all screw up once in a while. And that's okay. It's expected. We work through it. We've gotten through it before, we'll get through it again. I'm not worried, and I don't think you really need to be either, but that's up to you of course.

And don't feel bad about asking a question. If you were thinking it, other people probably are too.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 04:48:30 AM »
Thanks.

But I can feel like this thread can better be locked since I've the feeling it might do more harm than good.
I'm sorry for the caused inconvenience

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 05:13:51 AM »
Ok no problem.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.