The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: If Santa where a furry, what animal would he be?  (Read 2556 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: If Santa where a furry, what animal would he be?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 04:17:55 AM »
My thought is polar bear. Not just because of the north pole, but the white fur to match the beard.

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Sleep comes quick with hot cocoa and a blanket.
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Blue and white.
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 140 lbs.
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Contemplating the perplexity of complex metallurgy that is my paper clip.
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 04:31:54 AM »

OWWW! OW! I want to see that! A reindeer Santa, flying in the sky, being pulled by humans! Way too funny!

Snow leopard is another good choice because they truly are a majestic and beautiful animal. But I think I would be absolutely terrified to wake up early Christmas night and happen to find one in my house. Or, at least I would be, untell I found out it's just furry Santa.

Polar bear and reindeer do seem to be the popular vote.

EDIT: weird linux formatting issue, re-edited.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:34:09 AM by Momma Bird »

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 07:17:27 PM »
Snow leopard is another good choice because they truly are a majestic and beautiful animal. But I think I would be absolutely terrified to wake up early Christmas night and happen to find one in my house. Or, at least I would be, untell I found out it's just furry Santa.

That would count for an anthro polar bear too though
I do have to say, the creator of Savestate seems to vote for polar bear as well, so it definitely appears to be the popular vote.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 07:29:52 PM »
I wonder why furries in comics are just totally okay with random nudity...

Cool story, btw!

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 08:08:29 PM »
Brisky, that'd make for an interesting discussion. You can make a thread about that.

Now that I think about it, a harp seel could work. I know they of-fi-cial-ly aquatic animals, but they're very smart and live way up north. And who knows, if a furry Santa really is a harp seel he could even have a top-secret underwater lab besides the one on land. Odd choice, but it does give unique possibilities if you think about it.

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Currently: Contemplating the perplexity of complex metallurgy that is my paper clip.
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 11:06:02 PM »
@ Michen_S

What are you talking about? If '90s commercials taught me anything, it's that if an anthro polar bear where to wander into my place of residence, they are only there to steal a bottle of Coca-Cola. Nothing else. Can't hold that against them. If I where to break into peoples homes, I to would be doing it for the Coke.

Cute comic by the way, loved their facial expressions.

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2017, 04:31:50 AM »
I used to love those old commercials. The happy hum/grunt sounds the bears made were cute.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2017, 04:45:17 AM »
I know, right? <3 <3 <3!

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2017, 10:52:04 AM »
@ Michen_S

What are you talking about? If '90s commercials taught me anything, it's that if an anthro polar bear where to wander into my place of residence, they are only there to steal a bottle of Coca-Cola.

I wasn't around in the first half of the 90's. Besides, if anthro polar bears were only in your house to steal cola, wouldn't that make them a bad choice to be Santa instead?

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2017, 11:00:50 AM »
Plus, I bet cola is an afwul dietary choice for polar bears...

And, once again, funny to notice the diffirence between those who pick species based on biologically supported arguments, and those who just pick them for aesthetic reasons. :P

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2017, 03:25:20 AM »
@ Michen_S - True. Although, even not has a furry, he will still take cookies and milk. I don't know if that is still tradition, it may be another 90's thing.

@ A brisky little challenger - I noticed that to. I am still sold on your elephant idea.