The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furry in the middle of nowhere  (Read 965 times)

Offline TiaDefiant

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Chimera
  • Coloring: Purple, grey, hot pink, white, light blue. Dreadlocks. Combination species
  • Height: 8ft on all fours
  • Build: Athletic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Cheeky
Furry in the middle of nowhere
« on: December 16, 2017, 11:02:33 PM »
Hey, I'm Tia. I'm a 27yr old female. I've been a furry for several years now, but haven't really done much in the community. I'm trying to make some new friends so I figured now was the time for me to get into the community and meet some people.
I live in Iowa, and sadly their aren't many furries here, or at least they don't make their presence known.
I'm an artist, and crafter and love to make my own accessories. I'm currently learning to make yarn tails.
I use to be part of the brony fandom but left due to the fandom becoming more negative. I have several pony oc's. My main OC is Tiamat, in my icon, and my purely furry oc is a new character I'm working on that's a redbone coonhound. It's inspired by my service dog which is also a redbone coonhound.
I'm pretty friendly, and funny, and a good listener. Feel free to message me, or friend me.

https://alektorotelumphobia.deviantart.com/

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
Re: Furry in the middle of nowhere
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 11:04:40 PM »
Welcome to the Forums, Tia!  ^_^    I hope you have a great time here, I'm sure you will certainly be able to make some friends here. Most of the people you will see here and pretty friendly and welcoming.

Cheers and see you around.
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 02:25:16 AM »
Welcome Tia. I'm a brony as well, but I don't engage much with most fandoms, because of all the infighting and negativity. The furry fandom is the exception.

My OC
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 02:54:52 AM »
Helloooo! I'm semi-close. As in Illinois. So not very. But heyy! Welcome to TFF!!

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 06:53:12 AM »
hey Tia welcome to the furry forum ^_^  just like you i also USED to be a brony but i left cause the beginning of season 7 kinda was bad, but i heard the rest was better so maybe ill start watching it again soon
not a signature

Offline TiaDefiant

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Chimera
  • Coloring: Purple, grey, hot pink, white, light blue. Dreadlocks. Combination species
  • Height: 8ft on all fours
  • Build: Athletic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Cheeky
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 06:33:59 PM »
hey Tia welcome to the furry forum ^_^  just like you i also USED to be a brony but i left cause the beginning of season 7 kinda was bad, but i heard the rest was better so maybe ill start watching it again soon

I got into the fandom late season one and have been avid in the community, however, after season five I found most of the people that were really nice left the fandom for other things, leaving a lot of toxic people to fester within the community. I finally left altogether when a bunch of people started making fun of my oc and me; even though many of them I'd done free art for. That's when I decided to bail, it's just not cool to make fun of people especially when they've been really nice to you. I'm not into negativity.

Post Merge: December 17, 2017, 06:39:24 PM
Welcome Tia. I'm a brony as well, but I don't engage much with most fandoms, because of all the infighting and negativity. The furry fandom is the exception.

My OC

Well done on the design. I haven't seen many ginger haired oc ponies.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:39:24 PM by TiaDefiant, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 04:07:48 AM »
Hello. Welcome to the Forums.
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 02:27:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum! There are always furries everywhere in the US, even in Iowa, you can check out this thread to find some locals (though it seems like it's not very active, so maybe there aren't that many people in Iowa!), but a good google search will also go a long way!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me or any other moderator, we're here to help!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 08:31:51 PM »
Hi, I'm your local crazy weirdo! Welcome to Tweak's Funhouse Festival!

I'm pretty sure I messed up somewhere, but at least I made a dramatic welcome so I don't care.