The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Useless old main/fursona? Should I sell him?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline N.y.r.o

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • 100% Snort
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolverine
  • Coloring: Brown, cream
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: anxious
Useless old main/fursona? Should I sell him?
« on: December 03, 2017, 09:12:58 AM »

JUST SO YOU YOU KNOW I AM NOT ADVERTISING ANYTHING, I am just asking for advice on this subject.

So I have this character that I made back in 2013 and have put a LOT of time into. But as of late, I have kind of lost interest in ever using him again. He is a cybernetic Amur leopard named Nyro, and he used to be my main for quite a while (and even border-lined on being my fursona). I even used him as the main character of some stories I wrote (all of which were never finished) but I think the main reason I stopped using him is because he was kind of replaced by a newer character, a character who I am am very attached to (but isn't my fursona Alley).

So because Nyro has so much art, and I spent so much time on him, I felt like it would be kind of a waste to leave him in the dark and never be used again. I feel like I should get something out of him, but I don't know if I am just being greedy? I was thinking of selling him, but if I did I would honestly want at least $100 . . . I don't know if that is asking for too much. Or maybe not enough. The buyer would receive the rights to his design, and all his 50+ artwork (though any of the commissioned/gift art would be for personal use only, obviously). And no, I didn't make him with the intent on eventually reselling him for money, because I honestly used to never want to part with him, but my feelings have changed since. (And if I did have thoughts of parting with him before, I wouldn't have spent so much time on him). But even if selling him was okay, I don't even know where to begin with that. There isn't really anywhere to advertise characters for sale. I even thought instead to maybe do an auction or a raffle but still, I've never had luck with those kind of things in the past, and it seems that no matter how many "adopt" groups you submit to on DA, no one is ever interested.

I do still like his design. Part of the reason I wanted to use Nyro as a fursona was because I thought he seemed more "unique", since he was a more uncommon species and such. I mean, compared to Alley, who is a dog, but the thing is, I feel more attached to Alley than Nyro, but maybe that's because Alley is based on a character from 2010. It's like there's something missing from Nyro. Maybe it's that he never really did get a proper personality. The personality he was intended to have was taken by my current main (the one I could never part with). But even something about his design doesn't always want to click with me, and I don't know if it's the colours, or because I used to find him hard to draw (but I can draw him better now). Maybe if I could pinpoint what's off about him, I could actually feel more attached to him.

I have attached a couple images of Nyro (both of which I drew myself) to give you a better idea.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Yum!