The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Crypto Currency investments?  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
Crypto Currency investments?
« on: December 02, 2017, 02:17:28 PM »
So.... At one point in the everyday rants thread, I ranted that my father forced my mom to give him two gran. And he invested it... Welp. I'mma put aside the fact that I'm still annoyed about the fact he forced her, he is making money... As am I. Though I'm investing a lot less than him, I increased what I have by about 25%.... Which is a lot since I invested a large chunk of money... (I don't want to give exact figures.)

If anyone else has money to invest, I'd suggest investing in Bitcoin while they have the chance. (If you want to ask questions ask me, my knowledge is a bit limited, but I can tell you which website to go to and stuff.) I kid you not, I hope that this bitcoin investment thing works out the way I want it to. Because if it does, I can pay for college and all kinds of stuff. (Mind you I flunked my math class. Investing in Bitcoin is pretty easy to learn and understand. And even if you make a mistake, given time it can fix itself (Most likely).)
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: Crypto Currency investments?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 05:17:32 PM »
Personally, I actually wouldn't invest in bitcoins, because I feel like there's been way too much advertisements and news mentions going around concerning how it's good to invest in bitcoins.

That's telling me that the value of bitcoins is going to drop considerably in the coming days, and the big companies that invested in them want to sell their coins to the private to rack up actual money...

But, that's just a louzy suspicion, and stuff...

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:37:03 PM »
Well yeah, you should avoid investing everything you have. I'm playing with about 75% of what I have. Even if a company drops out, I wouldn't lose everything, and I doubt all the companies have a ploy to get out all together... Meaning I wouldn't lose everything all at once. I'd imagine losing at most half before I jump out... And then buy immediately back in, because a lot of people are going to buy because the price dropped down. If a case like this occurs, I don't know how much one would lose or gain.... And of course, don't invest in just Bitcoins, invest in the other altcoins as well @.@

(Not to mention that they say bitcoins might reach over 100,000$ in worth in a few years. So I'd imagine there's still time before companies pull out.)
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 04:13:07 PM »
I think if you'd invest a few months ago in Bitcoin it would have been a great idea. Not, however, what I hear a lot of people doing: Putting a lot of their money into it (as in even selling their house, their kids' toys, etc.), because that's idiotic.
However, keeping an eye on the currency it has increased in value significantly, but as it's going now crazily skyrocketing upwards?
Take it out. Don't panic, just take out your profit.
I'm giving it a week to at most a few weeks before it comes crashing down.

Also Bitcoin follows the value mostly of the currency you invest in with. So you invest with USD? It seems to go up very fast, but investing in a more obscure currency like ZAR? It's actually halted it seems.

Eitherway, investing a certain amount of what you have is always a good idea, and in multiple various companies, not just one. Look and learn at how currency overall behaves, when is it usually the 'strongest', when does it have its ups and downs, basically?
Also take a good look at what news there is on the company and the places the company itself invests in and such, so you can figure out what might happen next. (For example a fusion between companies might increase the value of your investment or lower it.)

Usually when something new is introduced in the investment world, it's new, it's hot. It'll thus gain value. But once it crashes it almost never regains the value it would have once had at its peak and after an even longer time in a lot of cases there won't be extremely high ups or extremely low downs either.
Investing is mostly psychology rather than math. You won't indeed get far with formulas and stuff, but by knowing the market and how people behave and respond, this will determine the value of the investment.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline notched

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Slow down for a moment. A moment's all you got.
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Height: 6 Feet
  • Weight: 230 ibs
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Third friday of April.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 04:11:43 AM »
If you're looking into new ventures or trying to invest for the long run, crypto currently isn't a good idea in my opinion. Know what you're getting into and have some knowledge about things like the stock market before you do anything. It's very risky.

Etherium shows a little promise in my opinion, though. I just recommend whatever you invest, consider it spent money and don't get invested into the trade too much.
  • Avatar by: Girlfriend. She does art stuff.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 04:34:33 AM »
Bought LTC at 80
sold around 270

Currently back in LTC, since it's in a bear-ish market expecting to go for a bull

UPDATE 2018/01/06

The trend of LTC over a month.
If you look at the redline you see that it kept climbing between all the beartraps. The moment the graph goes under the line, that is in fact theoratically the best point to buy a product since you'll have a relative bigger profit margin than buying above the line.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:58:29 AM by Bricket »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 09:18:03 PM »
I just recommend whatever you invest, consider it spent money and don't get invested into the trade too much.

^ This.

Sometimes investing pays off, sometimes it doesn't. Don't put anything into it that you're afraid to lose.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.