The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello new to being a furry  (Read 721 times)

Offline Vesperia

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lizard
Hello new to being a furry
« on: November 28, 2017, 05:45:37 PM »
Im new to being a furry so i don't know how to make a fursona, nor most of the terms. But what i do know that i was always attracted to various furry things especially if they involve (scalies?) . If someone would be so kind to give me a good place to start with this whole thing!

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
Re: Hello new to being a furry
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 05:55:29 PM »
Welcome to the Forums, Vesperia!  ^_^   I do hope have a good time here as well as in the fandom in general. For starting out I would just recommend exploring around the forum and looking for topics that interest you and just starts from there. If you have any questions do feel free to ask the folks here are quite friendly and welcoming.  I can also direct you to a few threads that may provide some information just to help you out a little.

Advice: Creating a Fursona -  > here <

What is a furry -  > here <

Cheers and have a good one!  :)
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 05:15:35 AM »
welcome to the furry forum ^_^  i also had the fact that i didnt know any term but now almost 3 moths later i know all of em
not a signature

Offline Furry64

• Vibrating Furby
  • Hey ya'll!:D
    • Awards
  • Species: Blue Pangia Dog
  • Coloring: Cyan, skyblue, purple
  • Height: short
  • Weight: normal
  • Build: kinda runty
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: drawing
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 04:23:03 PM »
Welcome!:D Hope you have a great time!!!!:D
  • Signature art by: none
Hello!:D

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 02:11:42 AM »
Welcome! Making a fursona is both easier and harder than it sounds. (I make no sense so  ^_^  sorry) I bet you'll have a nice one in no time.

Offline Serena Moon

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cheshire
  • Coloring: grey,black,cyan
  • Height: 1.5 m
  • Weight: 50kg
  • Build: average and curvy
  • Currently: Searching for a life long companion. It'll take a while.
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 04:31:26 AM »

Everything all in good time. Fursonas take a while to perfect typically. To know what you want it is wise to immerse yourself in what you like around you. You already have taken the first step. For the longest time I have loved scales too and also opted to a dragon or a more Argonian like design (if you play Elder Scrolls you may get what I mean). But I found that hares represent my personality the best and so I went with it. It all depends. The best thing is just to be comfortable where you are and about yourself. Insecurity can lead you to less desirable places within the community and have a reputation that is hard to shake. Just warning you.
The best starting place I think is just play around with designs that you like and that you'd feel comfortable with. It's like designing a new body. Except this time you chose what you look like. What kind of pets do you have? Lizards, snakes, cats, dogs, fish? I have found that the influence with your animal companions can be a great starting place. IRL I think rabbits smell and are messy and I'd never have one as a pet. But a hare is too free spirited to be a pet most of the times. They are fast with in-depth survival skills, which would otherwise be wasted as a pet.
So I suggest just jump right it without having anything to begin with so that as you experiment you gain a wide variety of inspiration that you can use to piece together your fursona. Also some thing I do to help visualize is find creators or generators with furry components to help you develop your style. I would only use them as temporary sandboxes because artist credit and claims can be finicky. After you like a design you can get art commissioned from a skilled artist who can help you further in honing your foursome. Then the rest is up to you. Well, everything is up to you but I hope this can help kick start you in the direction you want. Good luck!
"Give that bitch a cannon; bitches love cannons"
-Alucard, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 02:20:08 PM »
Hey there! I know joining the fandom at first can be a bit overwhelming but you'll find fantastic friends in no time.

Also thanks ? and Syko for giving the links and explaining, that's really helpful of you :3
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Serena Moon

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cheshire
  • Coloring: grey,black,cyan
  • Height: 1.5 m
  • Weight: 50kg
  • Build: average and curvy
  • Currently: Searching for a life long companion. It'll take a while.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 02:32:01 PM »
You're welcome hon. I know what it's like to be in your position; I was there not too long ago.
"Give that bitch a cannon; bitches love cannons"
-Alucard, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged