Author Topic: Twitch (Open)  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards Top 100 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • -art by me- “I can destroy. I can’t create.” -Ura
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Insect hybrid
  • Coloring: Beige fur, golden tipped ears, bronze yellow eyes, silver curly white hair
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Somewhere I Belong
Twitch (Open)
« on: November 22, 2017, 03:03:27 AM »
Twitch is a small mythical town located in Massachusetts. A so called 'paradise' away from the modern world, where one can enjoy life without hardship but with massive war looming at the gates the town's residence must decided if they want to get involved. Syxx the Chief Elder has other ideas.

Name: Cypher

Sex: Female

Species: Silver Fox

Background: Twitch Native

Personality: Inquisitive, clever but also stubborn

Weapons: Pistol and rifle

000:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:07:01 AM by Cloud Titan »
Today, an acquaintance. Tomorrow your friend. A short formality stands between us-Cloud, at your service.   

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: Twitch (Open)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 05:41:17 PM »
Despite the foxes' seeming appetite, the approaching monstrosity wasn't entirely edible.

Whatever was coming, from miles away, seemed like it growled and roared so loudly that it could be heard all the way over at the light. The thing clumsily navigated the dirt-road leading upto the town, tearing it's way trough the occasional bush and plants that were scattered about it. Untill, abruptly, the sound stopped.

The Sherman tank turbulently came to a halt, flinging over forward from the resistance of her engine suddenly cutting out, as various small metal items could be heard falling over, and clinging around in the hull.

"God-DAMMIT..."        *CLANG....*        "What is it this time!?..."

"Easy there, James. We'll have to make it sometime..."
    Another voice sounded from inside the Sherman.

Henry sighed, as he deprecatively tossed the map down on the massive shaft housing next to the driver's position.

"We should've been there at least 4 hours ago!"

"So, what? We have a valid excuse for being that late. They decided that it was a good idea to send us trough this Christ-forsaken "shortcut"!"

"Maxwell.... I'm starting to think that at this rate we're not going to get there at all..." Henry frustratedly wispered.

Both german shepherds distraughtedly threw themselves back against their seats.

They had been on the road for almost the entire day after they've been sent to transfer the experimental tank from Fort Devens to Westover airforce base. But, at some point the roads that they were following began turning smaller, cruder, and more desserted, untill they couldn't longer keep track of where they were.

"Why did they even send us to litterally drive the tank over to Westover, instead of doing the normal way?" Maxwell exclaimed.

"Because it was experimental, and they needed to know if it worked. Well, guess what!? It doesn't..."

Henry twisted the starter switch and the engine began spooling up, but after a few puffs, bangs, and lots of blue smoke, the only thing that remained was the hissing of the starter motor.

"Where even are we!?" Maxwell asked, as he picked up the map. "Do you have a clue?"

"Nope, I do not." Henry sighed. "It's like the terrain I'm seeing out there isn't even mapped..."

"Soo, what now!?" Maxwell said, while peering trough the assistant driver's periscope to observe the terrain.

"I don't know... Ofcourse, we'll have to take a look at the engine, see if we can get it running again, but if that fails, and we still can't get a hold on anything via the radio, well then..."

"Then I think we have one serious problem..."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:43:52 PM by A brisky little challenger »

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards Top 100 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • -art by me- “I can destroy. I can’t create.” -Ura
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Insect hybrid
  • Coloring: Beige fur, golden tipped ears, bronze yellow eyes, silver curly white hair
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Somewhere I Belong
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 01:06:12 AM »
The silver fox, Cypher -age 29 surveyed the forest. Her paw rested on the butt of her holstered pistol. The air was chilled 'probably 20' she guessed. She'd complete her rounds in two more days- Rangers like Cypher went out on week long trips called 'rounds'. These were routine expeditions to check the perimeter or 'sub space' for anything suspicious.

In three days all board members were to meet in the town hall at 1600hrs. She hated the meetings, the politics bored her. 'Besides' she thought 'father always gets what he wants.'

The town of Twitch was run by Syxx the Chief Elder who not only happened to be the Chief Executive Officer but also the Primary Share Holder which basically meant he could approve or disprove any program. After all he was the one who founded the town.

Her paws clinched, the cold made her muscles ache and tire like copper wire. Then a sudden roar from in the forest drowned her thoughts. Something like a gunshot snapped but it wasn't a gunshot, it was the sound of trees breaking from the sheer pressure of a tank. It thundered and shook the ground she stood on. Cypher immediately dove for cover under the thick forest underbrush.

The chaotic machine squeaked and rattled until it came to an abrupt grinding halt. She laid half terrified ready to jump at anything.

Cypher heard a rumor floating around that there was a war going on outside 'But here, a tank?' The heavy vehicle stalled turned over and died again slightly rolling back from the incline. She speculated the operator would have to exit the apparatus. Cypher speculated further, someone else could be inside. Her paw edged to her pistol.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:25:25 AM by Cloud Titan »
Today, an acquaintance. Tomorrow your friend. A short formality stands between us-Cloud, at your service.   

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 04:25:50 PM »
((I know this is kind of against the guidelines, but I can't seem to find the Companion Thread for this. It's been a minute since this has had some action, but I'd like to say I'm interested. I'll delete this post if/when a C.T. is provided, else-ways I'll edit it with a character sheet, I guess. Anywho, sorry for this.))