The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My Ancestry  (Read 881 times)

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
My Ancestry
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:20:44 PM »
I decided to look into my Ancestry with... well... Ancestry. No I am not getting paid for this!

I was able to find a lot about my father's side, my mother's side I've had less luck with, this is what I know. 

The farthest back I was able to find (so far) on my Grandpa's side (Robert E. Black Jr) is of his father and mother, my great grandparents. Robert Black Sr was born on January 3, 1876, in Holytown, Lanarkshire, Scotland, his father was Francis Black, there is little info on him, same thing with Francis' wife, Mary L. Forbes. Robert Black Sr immigrated to the United States in 1901 and had five kids, two sons and three daughters.

I couldn't find much on his occupation other than a census saying he was a steelworker, according to my Grandfather he founded a steel mill.

His wife (My great grandma) was born on November 12, 1880, in Douglas Middle, on the Isle of Man. Other than the fact she had two brothers and one sister, as well as she went to the States in 1902 where she eventually met Robert senior I couldn't find much on her. 

My father's middle name was taken from one of Robert Black's sons (my Grandpa's brother) That being Francis L. Black, him being named after my great grandpa's father. The middle name 'Loudon' coming from my great grandma, Mary Loudon Forbes. According to a Census from the 1930's my Great uncle Francis was a Lieutenant in the U.S. Navy, according to my father and grandpa he died in a plane crash in Germany, fighting in the second world war, he was a Major.

Next is my Grandma's side, The Boschma family.

Dooitse Rintje Boschma was born on March 10, 1875, in Tzum, Friesland, Netherlands, he died in Royal Oak Michigan at age 60, him having eight children, one of them remains unnamed as he seemingly died quickly after his birth.

My Grandmother, Margaret Boschma passed while I was still a baby so I unfortunately didn't know her. My Grandfather, passed in 2012 from a diabetic coma; some believe it was suicide after losing two wives, first Margaret, than Mildread, my step grandparent. He refused to take his insulin [/size][size=78%]and thus induced the coma, that is what some in the family think anyway.     [/size]

So yeah... turns out I'm part Scottish, Dutch, and from what very, very little I've found out on my mom's side, even more Scottish.