Author Topic: Anthro Crossroads East 2018 - Furs Take Flight  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Norey

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: VASCritter
  • Coloring: Primarily sky blue with orange and white accents
  • Height: 183cm
  • Weight: 96kg
  • Build: Toned, but padded.
  • Currently: Recovering from Stasis
Anthro Crossroads East 2018 - Furs Take Flight
« on: October 31, 2017, 03:17:47 AM »
Let's start with a tl:dr;

What: Anthro Crossroads East
Theme: Furs Take Flight
When: January 26-28, 2018.
Where: Hampton Inn and Suites, Crabtree Valley, Raleigh, North Carolina
Why: Because a convention starting here should make for a lot of fun, great friendships and awesome memories.
More info: https://www.anthrocrossroads.com/

Official Copy:
"Alpha Charlie Echo Two Zero One Eight, Raleigh Tower. Wind is 050 at 3 knots, runway two three right, cleared to land."
"Cleared to land, runway 23R, ACE-2018."
"ACE-2018, Raleigh Tower, Contact ground on 121.7."

That's right, Anthro Crossroads East is cleared to land, and about three months away. We need your help in refuelling it and getting it back in the air. After two years of building a regional presence, it's high time we get this bird in the air proper. The theme for the inaugural run of ACE will celebrate North Carolina's heritage of being First in Flight. It's aviation themed. All forms of aviation, from the original Wright Flyer to the Golden Age of Air Travel, to present day and beyond are going to be celebrated at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Crabtree Valley, Raleigh, North Carolina from January 26th through the 28th.

There's going to be numerous events and panels planned, a dedicated gaming room with a VR showcase, fursuit games, a dance battle, lip sync battle, a full dealer's den as well as a charity auction and more. Come out, have a great time and be part of history. Help launch this con off the flight deck to soaring new heights!

My personal take:
January 26 through 28th, 2018 we're putting on an aviation themed shindig. The theme is aviation of all forms, from the original Wright Flyer through the present and beyond. There will be DJ's, numerous panels, a full gaming room, a proper dealer's den, a dance battle, a charity auction, fursuit games, a Virtual Reality showcase setup and more. I'm very much looking forward to attending, not just to help make this thing a success, but to personally enjoy several of the events, panels and particularly the VR showcase.

Disclaimer: I'm the guy who's taking care of audio/visual and IT for this con, so I do have a bit of a vested interest in seeing it grow and thrive. In addition, I live nearby, and having a new con grow locally to encompass a wide array of interests and awesome attendees would make for amazing times in the future. If you have any questions, qualms, concerns, we have a website available, and a Telegram group set up for the con. I'll also try to answer any here, as well. :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:10:06 AM by Norey »
[S/N:VAS|BEL-9179P] [Project: Norepinephrine]

Offline AceDavross

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
Re: Anthro Crossroads East 2018 - Furs Take Flight
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:34:58 PM »
Confirmed pre-order ticket cost IS $45 before the eighteenth, yes?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Offline Norey

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 03:35:48 AM »
Yup! $45 is the pre-reg price until the 18th, after that, it's going up to door price of $50.

Also? If you try to reserve a hotel room, and they say they're out of rooms in the con block, please, please, please let someone know. We can work with our hotel liaison to have rooms added to the block. They're as excited to host us as we are to run the con. We do have a telegram group for the con, too. Has announcements and the like. PM me if you want the join link.

Offline Norey

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 04:20:48 AM »
Great news!

Things went well at the con. 295 people turned out, $6200 was raised for the con charity, CLAWS, and over 60 fursuiters were available for the parade and photograph. Next year should be even better!