The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Out at work?  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Naturalize

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
Out at work?
« on: October 25, 2017, 07:18:22 PM »
Who here that has job is out to co-workers etc. That you're a furry? Not that it's like something secretive and special entirely, but I act as if it's a normal thing at work. I talk about how I'm a cat, I go "mew" on occasion and such. And some here do know that I am a furry.

So guess I'm curious about how/if others do this too :o

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
Re: Out at work?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 08:12:16 PM »
wel every friday i work at a store and i dont do that, im acftually pretty emberesed that im a furry to other people, it why i joined the forums
not a signature

Offline Naturalize

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 08:14:37 PM »
wel every friday i work at a store and i dont do that, im acftually pretty emberesed that im a furry to other people, it why i joined the forums
Nothing wrong with being a furry :3 it's not bad. Some people have a bad image of it but thats not your fault.

I don't hide it, but I don't show it off. If the topic comes up, I explain it's nothing weird or creepy and Its not about sex stuff lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 08:06:24 AM »
I don't hide it, but I don't show it off. If the topic comes up, I explain it's nothing weird or creepy and Its not about sex stuff lol

I do the same: I don't hide it, but I don't show it off either. I think that's the best way to go about it. At least so far it's been good for me ;D
But I focus on what it is rather than what it isn't. If I tell you to not think of a pineapple, you're going to think of a pineapple. Hence why I don't bring up the weird stuff or any other things that it's not necessarily about. Besides, I'm not into that stuff, so why would I explain what it isn't if it doesn't apply to me?
So for me in most cases I explain it as this -as most people really don't get any of this stuff-
'It's about fantasy creatures, often with human characteristics. Take The Lion King as example or any other animated movie about animals/creatures'
That's when I see their faces light up and they get it x)
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Naturalize

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 08:08:23 AM »

I do the same: I don't hide it, but I don't show it off either. I think that's the best way to go about it. At least so far it's been good for me ;D
But I focus on what it is rather than what it isn't. If I tell you to not think of a pineapple, you're going to think of a pineapple. Hence why I don't bring up the weird stuff or any other things that it's not necessarily about. Besides, I'm not into that stuff, so why would I explain what it isn't if it doesn't apply to me?
So for me in most cases I explain it as this -as most people really don't get any of this stuff-
'It's about fantasy creatures, often with human characteristics. Take The Lion King as example or any other animated movie about animals/creatures'
That's when I see their faces light up and they get it x)
I usually go more psychological. People who can envision themselves as anthropromorphic creatures.

*mews at you and wiggles* ^^

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 03:10:09 PM »
I'm willing to talk about it whenever it comes up. I usually use Bugs Bunny or Donald Duck or something as an example, and then most people often seem to forget all about it until it's brought up again. Le sigh.

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 02:02:31 PM »
No one at work knows that I'm a furry. They'd think I'm a freak or completely nuts. But I don't care, I don't need to tell others about being a furry. There would be a shit ton of sex jokes if I'd told them what furry means, I won't even quote them. I'm not trying to troll here, but that's the truth.
But like I said I don't feel the need to talk about it, so that's not a problem.

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 02:24:13 PM »
today i told one person at wark, it didnt turn out well for me and now he doesnt want to be friends with me anymore yay :(
not a signature

Offline Naturalize

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 02:33:32 PM »
today i told one person at wark, it didnt turn out well for me and now he doesnt want to be friends with me anymore yay :(
*hugs* :/

*mews at you and wiggles* ^^