The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: An Empty World (OOC Thread)(CLOSED)  (Read 2884 times)

Offline LeeMessesAround

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Opossum
  • Coloring: Just a normal looking opossum
  • Height: Roughly 5'9
  • Weight: 113 pounds
  • Build: Fairly lanky, but working to build muscle
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: In a limbo state between happy and depressed, very strange feeling
An Empty World (OOC Thread)(CLOSED)
« on: June 03, 2017, 02:31:57 AM »
EDIT2: I may open this up again later on in the story, but, for now, I have the three people I need and thus we are ready to begin.

EDIT: I'll be going through and accepting people either later today or tomorrow morning. If you want to make changes to registration sheets or submit registration sheets, please do it before then.
Also, I forgot to say this in the rules. At this present moment, each person can only use and have one character. Later on once we've got the story going smoothly, I'll announce that you can add another character to your party, if you want, but, right now, only one per person.

Let's start this out by stating that this is my first attempt at running a roleplay in a forum, so be patient with me if I'm bad at moderating this, ahah, I'm trying my best.

The year is 2040. Unlike what most people out there would expect, not many things have changed. Aside from advancements in technology that gradually gave us better VR and driver-less cars, everything else is pretty much the same...that is, aside from the disappearances. They started out slow, most people just assumed they were unrelated abductions, but, as time went on, soon everyone was beginning to panic, thinking that there must be something wrong. Family members would disappear from their beds without a trace, romantic partners, whom you swore were sleeping next to you, are suddenly gone, and children, who were just playing outside, have vanished into thin air. There seems to be no common thread in the disappearances, young and old, men and women, sick and healthy are all taken never to be seen again.

World governments soon got together to try and figure out what was happening, but they too soon disappeared having found nothing. Scientists and conspiracy theorists alike put their heads together. Could it be aliens? Some strange scientific phenomenon? No one knew, and, just like the others, those people, too, were gone one day.

The year is 2040 and very few people are left, wondering when it'll be their turn to be snatched up to wherever every once else went. Some lose hope, some go crazy, some just accept it and continue going about their lives as usual. There are some who try to establish some type of order, try to make the world whole again, but they either disappear, die, or give up, finding that very few of the people left share their same vigor for life, their same hope that things will be okay.

Today is February 18, 2040...and all hope seems to be lost.

Oh my goodness, that sure is bleak, ahah.
Anyway, let us move onto the rules for this role-play(I'm sorry if I'm reiterating rules that are already stated elsewhere, just stating my boundaries):
  • I'm not a fan of sexual stuff, so, if something happens between characters, we need to skip over it or not do it at all
  • I do not do fetishes
  • I'm not a grammar-Nazi, but please make sure everyone can understand you
  • No god-modding. We all keep our paws(?) on our own characters
  • Please be as descriptive as possible so I, and others, have things to work with when we respond
  • Keep all OOC comments on this forum post and out of the roleplay post. Small things like asking me or someone else to better explain something about my character's actions can be asked in the context of the roleplay, but questions about the world and plot need to stay here
  • I'm sorry if I disappear every once in a while, I'm trying to be active, but I sometimes fall off the site for a few hours at a time
  • Please be sure to use characters that are 3-Dimensional (have flaws, etc.)
  • I am perfectly fine with having romance between characters and I do all forms of it (MXM, MXF (I'm not using a female character, so FXF doesn't matter here, ahah)), but there needs to be other story elements. I'm not interested in only having this story be that of romance.
  • You need to wait your turn to reply. The reply chain will most likely go with me responding first, whoever replies to the forum post first going second, whoever responds after him going third, etc.
  • If one or more of the rules are broken, I'll remind you to read the rules, and, if you continue not following the rules, you'll be kicked from the roleplay. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse. Period.
Anyhow, moving onto character registration/creation. I'm currently only going to accept three people (not counting myself) and it depends on who's registration sheets I like best, so be careful when creating it, I guess:
Name:
Sexuality (only include if you're interested in doing romance):
Relationship status (see above statement):
--
Height:
Weight:
Eye color:
Fur color:
Typical clothing:
Is seen by others as:
--
Fears:
Role in story (are they one of the people trying to put the world back together, somebody who's just along for the ride, etc.):

If you have questions about the registration sheet, just ask.

Here are the open slots:
  • KeahiNimbusLeHyena
  • Lumix
  • max the snow wolf
Now onto the character that I'll be using:
Name: Gregor
Species: snow leopard
Sexuality: Bisexual (I'll only do romance with other characters that are about the same age as him)
Relationship status: single
--
Height: 5'8
Weight: 113 pounds (I know big cats are heavier, but I'm not here to be accurate)
Eye color: Black(?) (He doesn't really have irises...)
Fur color: Grey, white, and black
Typical clothing: Tank tops, baggy pants, and a sweater/jacket tied around his waist (no shoes or socks)
Is seen by others as: Stern, angry looking, and seeming to always be bored
--
Likes: Sharing opinions, ranting, swearing, spouting random insults at his friends, and camping.
Dislikes: Intolerance, hot weather, humidity, rain, white noise, and bright lights.
Fears: The dark, death, the unknown, and mirrors
Role in story: Is a mix of trying to put the world back together and being hopeless

If you want to see him better, here's a ref sheet I drew for him: http://leefucksaround.deviantart.com/art/Gregor-Secondary-Fursona-684154065

We can properly start the roleplay once at least one or two people have been accepted in, but, for now, just submit your registration sheets and wait to hear back from me.

-Cheers
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:08:22 PM by LeeMessesAround »
I'm not a very active user here, but feel free to message me, if you'd like. I'll happily exchange Discord, Skype, or DeviantArt with people who want to talk to me more.

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
Re: An Empty World (OOC Thread)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 03:07:46 AM »
Well hey, you're testing the waters, I will too. Mind If I'd join?

Offline LeeMessesAround

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 03:24:19 AM »
Well hey, you're testing the waters, I will too. Mind If I'd join?

I don't mind at all ^^
Just fill out the character sheet and wait for approval, ahah (hopefully some other people also join, but if it's just us two, I wouldn't mind that)
I'm not a very active user here, but feel free to message me, if you'd like. I'll happily exchange Discord, Skype, or DeviantArt with people who want to talk to me more.

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 03:42:02 AM »
Alrighty then. Lol, just using my main sona.
Name: Keahi Nimbus
Species: Striped Hyena (Slight Skunk, evident by large tail)
Sexuality (only include if you're interested in doing romance): Straight
Relationship status (see above statement): Single pringle
--
Height: 5'11
Weight: 116 lbs
Eye color: Royal Blue
Fur color: Silver/White, Black stripes (Some Dyed partially red)
Typical clothing: Black Hoodie, Shorts
Is seen by others as: Antisocial prick, tough, punk-ish.
--
Dislikes: Loud and sudden things
Fears: Not living life to the fullest, it could go..Any second.
Role in story (are they one of the people trying to put the world back together, somebody who's just along for the ride, etc.): Along for the ride, she knows she cant help much.

Offline Lawleit

• Boisterous Bear
  • New to all this. Will you be my friend?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Orange/yellow, orange/brown mane
  • Height: about average
  • Weight: Little above average
  • Build: Endomorpth bodytype, muscular
  • Currently: Lonely and searching
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 07:51:52 AM »
Hey might want to join, but what is like the starting plot? just "random" people meeting somewhere and go on with daily lifes?
This is my signature?! Someday this will be something awesome, I guarantee it! ;)

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 07:55:51 AM »
Sounds like a fun idea, the characters would be teaming up to find out the cause of the disappearances ?

Name: Lumix
Species: Wolf I guess
Height: 175cm
Weight: 55kg
Eye colour: Deep blue
Fur colour /markings: Generic grey body and white belly with long crimson hair
Clothing: Dark hoodie and jeans
As seen by others: Shy and reserved but sombre and intuitive

Dislikes: loud people, over-optimism, crowds
Fears: large zealous crowds, suspense, the supernatural
Role in story: began by trying to help change, now is simply along for the ride
Bit of background: Graduated university with a BSc in Paramedic science as the disappearances were first happening; moved to a flat in town to work as a nurse and has been for a year
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 03:32:10 PM by Lumix »
[/URL]

Offline max snow

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: arctic wolf
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Height: 5"7
  • Weight: 10stone
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Glad to be different
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 11:02:10 AM »
Okay ill use my main sona
Max
Species: snow wolf
Hight: 5foot 7inches
Features: holes in back of ankles, main colour of fur dark grey and light grey on the chest, stomach, muzzle and cheeks, electric blue flared tribla markings, electric blue lines and scars beneath the fur.
Cloathing: none
Likes: sailing and rolling with whatever happens without a plan
Dislikes: killing
Fears: the new world as is from the past (1860) to be exact)

Post Merge: June 03, 2017, 11:09:33 AM
Started out off the grid but now just along for the ride : 3
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:09:33 AM by max the snow wolf, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline LeeMessesAround

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 12:58:38 PM »
Hey might want to join, but what is like the starting plot? just "random" people meeting somewhere and go on with daily lifes?

Something like that, yes, it's probably mainly going to be a character study on how each individual reacts to the disappearances and the thought of disappearing too. It'll probably also include trying to figure out what's causing the disappearances somewhere down the line, but I'm going to start it with each character just meeting and interacting.

Post Merge: June 03, 2017, 01:04:30 PM
Sounds like a fun idea, the characters would be teaming up to find out the cause of the disappearances ?

Bit of background: Graduated university with a BSc in Paramedic science as the disappearances were first happening; moved to a flat in town to work as a nurse and has been for a year

It'll be something along the lines of that, yes. The main idea of the roleplay is to study how each character reacts to the disappearances and the thought of disappearing themselves, but, once we get through the first couple replies, we'll probably start working to figure out what's causing the disappearances.
Also, 22 isn't too old
I was reading through your character sheet and I noticed you didn't have the name category in there, was that an accident or intentional? I'm fine with you having the name be a secret or something, but I just need to know

Post Merge: June 03, 2017, 01:11:51 PM
Okay ill use my main sona
Max
Species: snow wolf
Hight: 5foot 7inches
Features: holes in back of ankles, main colour of fur dark grey and light grey on the chest, stomach, muzzle and cheeks, electric blue flared tribla markings, electric blue lines and scars beneath the fur.
Cloathing: none
Likes: sailing and rolling with whatever happens without a plan
Dislikes: killing
Fears: the new world as is from the past (1860) to be exact)

Post Merge: June 03, 2017, 11:09:33 AM

Started out off the grid but now just along for the ride : 3

Howdy friend, I'm just here to inform you that you forgot some information in the character sheet. I don't mean to be picky, but most of the options aren't, well, optional, ahah ^^""

Weight:
Eye color:
Fur color:
Is seen by others as:
--
Role in story (are they one of the people trying to put the world back together, somebody who's just along for the ride, etc.):
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 01:11:51 PM by LeeMessesAround, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline max snow

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: arctic wolf
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Height: 5"7
  • Weight: 10stone
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Glad to be different
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 02:15:23 PM »
name: max
species: snow wolf

height: 5foot 7inches
weight: 10stone
eye colour: electric blue
fur colour: grey with white muzzle, cheeks, chest and stomach
typical clothing: none
is seen by others as: none threatening, unemotional, brave, relaxed and happy

likes: loud joyful atmospheres, drinking, messing around and honesty
dislikes: killing and lying, thieving and general dishonesty
fears: not for himself but for friends
role: was once off the grid in a desert area but as his parents disappeared came into the city looking for the cause of the disappearances and now is just along for the ride without any knowledge of the modern world

• Dancing Dragon
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 03:20:45 PM »
Yasss people!...Furs?.

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 03:35:34 PM »
I was reading through your character sheet and I noticed you didn't have the name category in there, was that an accident or intentional? I'm fine with you having the name be a secret or something, but I just need to know
Fix'd
Sorry, forgot to add that  XD
(side note no sexual /romance for me please  XP )
[/URL]

Offline LeeMessesAround

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 04:39:13 PM »

role: was once off the grid in a desert area but as his parents disappeared came into the city looking for the cause of the disappearances and now is just along for the ride without any knowledge of the modern world

Thanks friend, sounds like a cool character

Post Merge: June 03, 2017, 04:40:51 PM
Yasss people!...Furs?.

Ahah, so that what you would call furries in place of people...furs, ahah ^^" I think I'm gonna stick with people tho, ahah

Post Merge: June 03, 2017, 04:42:17 PM
Fix'd
Sorry, forgot to add that  XD
(side note no sexual /romance for me please  XP )

Alrighty, thank you very much ^^
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 04:42:18 PM by LeeMessesAround, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

• Dancing Dragon
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
Re: An Empty World (OOC Thread)(Will be Accepting People Soon)
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 07:52:42 PM »
Atleast where I'm from.

Offline LeeMessesAround

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 10:13:13 PM »
Alrighty then. Lol, just using my main sona.
Name: Keahi Nimbus
Species: Striped Hyena (Slight Skunk, evident by large tail)
Sexuality (only include if you're interested in doing romance): Straight
Relationship status (see above statement): Single pringle
--
Height: 5'11
Weight: 116 lbs
Eye color: Royal Blue
Fur color: Silver/White, Black stripes (Some Dyed partially red)
Typical clothing: Black Hoodie, Shorts
Is seen by others as: Antisocial prick, tough, punk-ish.
--
Dislikes: Loud and sudden things
Fears: Not living life to the fullest, it could go..Any second.
Role in story (are they one of the people trying to put the world back together, somebody who's just along for the ride, etc.): Along for the ride, she knows she cant help much.

You have been accepted into the role-play ^^ Either tonight or tomorrow I will be posting the starter for the story, and you will receive a PM with the link to the story forum. Please take note of the reply order before responding to the starter, seeing as it may not be your turn to respond yet.
 -Cheers

Post Merge: June 03, 2017, 10:14:29 PM

Name: Lumix

You have been accepted into the role-play ^^ Either tonight or tomorrow I will be posting the starter for the story, and you will receive a PM with the link to the story forum. Please take note of the reply order before responding to the starter, seeing as it may not be your turn to respond yet.
 -Cheers

Post Merge: June 03, 2017, 10:14:34 PM

-Cheers