The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Anthrocon 2017  (Read 3749 times)

Offline Espen

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hiya everyone! I'm Espen, or Espy for short!
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Fennec Hybrid
  • Coloring: Light beige and lavender. Lavender, green, and light blue spots. Lavender hair and ear tips. Light green inside of ears.
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 110lbs
  • Build: Slim and athletic
  • Currently: Dancing the night away
Anthrocon 2017
« on: February 21, 2017, 05:40:33 AM »
Hi everyone!

I'd love to hear from people who are going to Anthrocon this year in Pittsburgh, and from anyone that has been before. I live very, very  close by and have always wanted to go, but I've always been too shy to. I think it'd be nice to finally go for at least one day to experience my first con, and would love to meet some of you wonderful furs while I'm at it!  ^_^

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Re: Anthrocon 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 04:18:40 PM »
I won't be attending this year but I should mention Anthrocon has been something I've been wanting to attend to quite a long time. It's been a bit of a goal to, at some point, be able to make it to AC.

But then with all the stuff happening lately with various drama and kinda kicking out 2 Gryphon and all that, I must admit it feels less appealing to me than it once did :/
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 12:15:33 AM »
I won't be attending this year but I should mention Anthrocon has been something I've been wanting to attend to quite a long time. It's been a bit of a goal to, at some point, be able to make it to AC.

But then with all the stuff happening lately with various drama and kinda kicking out 2 Gryphon and all that, I must admit it feels less appealing to me than it once did :/

Likewise. I was planning on it myself, even hoping to get some time off from work and saving up for a hotel and everything. But me and censorship don't mix well. Even if someone has a different opinion than myself on something, I don't want them to not have the right to speak, and I enjoy 2's youtube playthroughs, and the board didn't even say anything until 2 came out himself to speak up. Never got to hear his on-stage comedy before. And from what I've heard, this decision has had the same effect for a lot of furs. Perhaps this should be a good wake-up call for the board. Well, more money for next year's Anthro NE.

Offline Willow the Jerboa

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • I am super new so feel free to introduce yourself.
    • Awards
  • Species: Jerboa
  • Coloring: Tan, Brown, White, and a bit of Black on my tail
  • Height: 6''2" Mostly legs
  • Weight: 185 Lbs
  • Build: Thin, tall, and not very muscular.
  • Currently: Looking for friends <3
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 11:16:45 PM »
I am totally going! Although this is not my first convention, it will be my first Furry Convention so this should be exciting. I dont have a fursuit but I do have ears and a tail and I am thinking of getting some paw if I can do it in time.