The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Naake ni's stories and stuff  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
Naake ni's stories and stuff
« on: April 16, 2017, 09:38:07 PM »
Seems Naake ni has me starting to write again, something I haven't done for a long time... Like 20 years...

anyway, this short story is still just a first draft, will be edited and some areas expounded on to give more depth, I think... It was written in about an hour while waiting to get my rig loaded. It was inspired by a song on a Native American Shamanic Journey cd I was listening to, and has been percolating for a week or so.

As a side note, shortly after I finished the hand written draft a Bald Eagle flew into the loading area, landed on a light pole about 25' from me, looked straight at me and then flew off again.. Was kind of surreal

Wolf and Eagle

I woke to the sound of rain, not a heavy rain, but the tapering rain at the end of the storm. It’s just false dawn, bright colors filtering through the breaking clouds as the Sun fights to break past the hills opposite my den. I chose this place for the morning sun, the awakening of the new day.

As I rise and stretch, shaking off the night’s dreams, I look out into the surrounding woods. They are old, older than my packs history, untouched by man. Leaving the den, my mate and pups still sleeping, to greet the new day, I pad silently down the hill to the creek and stop to drink the clear, cold water before continuing on, always listening to the life around me. Above me I hear the whisper of the wind through wings, looking up to see Eagle riding the currents only he can see, his white head and golden body alternately playing in the morning light and the night’s leftover shadows. I know he sees me from the slight shift of his circles to move just ahead of me, watching for any prey my passing moves.

I continue on the path, arriving at the ledge above it all just as the Sun finally breaks over the distant spires and through the clouds, bathing me in its early morning warmth. Eagle continues to circle above and in front of me, always looking, always watching. I wonder what the world looks like from his view. Does he see the way the last raindrops cascade down through the leaves, playing their music as they fall leaf to leaf, then finally to Mother Earth to begin the cycle again? Or, does he see it in ways I never will?

I lie down on the cool rock outcropping where I come to ponder, to listen, or to think as I do today. The warmth of the sun on my graying fur helps me forget, at least for now, my scars, each earned providing for and protecting my pack. As I let my thoughts drift Eagle circles close, closer with each rotation, his feathers each clear, the whistle and rustle of his passing fills my ears.

Looking up I call out “Speak to me my Brother of the Air, tell me what you see and what you feel on the wind. What is like to rise above Mother Earth, to ride the wind? Can you still feel Her heartbeat as you soar, or is it peaceful and silent as you wheel above? I see you watching me, do you ever wonder what it is like to be forever grounded?”  Wheeling past so close, Eagle touches me on the head with his wing as he passes, the feathers of the wing tip just stirring my fur as gently as the breeze itself. 

Suddenly I am above the earth looking down at myself! I can hear Eagles thoughts, his answers to my questions, and feel and see what he does! I feel, and more so, understand the air that carries us, moving like the waters of the brook around the rocks and banks, its essence alive. I can see the world as I never have before, Eagle eyes indeed! The world goes on forever, though I can see where man has touched it. We rise higher, riding the currents, one to the next, rising higher than the mountain where myself still lies. Above the snowline, then the tree line, the mountain bare in it’s white winter clothes.

I have lost myself in the distance but Eagle reassures me. This is his gift to me, his answers to my questions. He shows me and shares with me all he can, my mind awash in the sensations, working hard to understand and experience it all. The wind in my fur at full run has never felt this alive, this real, as it does flowing through the feathers that carry us ever higher, above the clouds. I have seen the valley holding the clouds, looked across them like water in a lake, but to be truly above it all, to see nothing but clouds, and the earth below through the gaps, takes my breath away. I live a lifetime in seconds, the seconds stretching into a lifetime. I know this feeling, this experience, is mine for the rest of my days, unable to truly share it even with my mate, we have no words able to describe it.

Too soon Eagle wheels back down through the scudding clouds, gliding gracefully back to where myself lays still and quiet as if in sleep there below. As we turn circles, descending, I see my den, and just at the edge of the light and shadow I see my pack, still sleeping. Eagle lands on the outcropping, standing looking out to see what I see from my open but currently sightless eyes. It is so much less than he has shown me. Turning, he touches my head, then ruffle the fur of my ear with his beak.

I blink, once, twice, a third time. I look skyward, but Eagle is gone.  The Sun has moved high up from the eastern mountains, from when we looked out of his eyes together, not long, but enough. I wonder, was I dreaming? Was it real or fantasy in my mind? Shaking off the raindrops that gathered as I lay I rise and stretch again, bowing down before the now fully risen Sun. As I turn to go back to my pack I see it, just in the periphery of my vision. Afraid to look again I lope down to the creek, looking in the water as a mirror, seeing it is really there.

There! There in the fur of my left ear are two grey/gold feathers intertwined in the fur… No, not intertwined … PART of the fur!!! A final gift shared, a connection to the Air and my Brother who rides it. I understand now, and as I leave the creek bank I am calm but connected, feeling it all anew.

How do I explain it to my mate, to my pack? Will they call it a dream, a figment of my over-active imagination? How can they with the feathers there!

Padding quietly into the den I nuzzle my mate lovingly, asking her to come out in the morning Sun.

I whisper to her   "We need to talk…."

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:06:50 PM by Naake ni »
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
Re: Naake ni's stories and stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 02:46:48 PM »
okay, 9 views, no comments... guess that kind of gives me the answer... Thanks all.  T_T

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 04:54:50 AM »
This is awesome!
as always you have a way of putting so much detail into your text. I've only seen small examples in the RP's but here I can really feel what's going on. The way Eagle glides through the sky is very beautiful. While describing Naake Ni's surrounds outside his den I feel like i can really see his surrounding.

The fact that an Eagle landed so close to you while writing this really makes me think this wanted to be written.

I hope you'll write more. I think it'll be very interesting to see the packs reaction to Naake Ni's experiences with Eagle.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 05:15:27 AM »
What have I been missing for the last 20 years?  This was great.  I had my fan on and feeling the wind I had to close my eyes and imagine what it was like to be the eagle.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 01:28:46 PM »
thank you Fable and Albie.  ^_^   Was beginning to think my writing was not that great, but seems I was worried for nothing.

I've had several 'run-in's' with Bald Eagles over the past couple of years., while out hunting I actually had one circle so close I could hear the whistle of the air through his wings, and another time had 5 or 6 of them in a tree right by where I was launching my boat (within 50 feet). Makes me wonder if Eagle is watching over Naake ni and I...

I do have some things I have thought about expounding on..

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 02:01:52 PM »
That sounds like a great experience.  I can't say I've ever seen an eagle in life.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 05:44:33 PM »
They are truly amazing birds. Sadly I've never seen a wild Eagle- I've only seen an injured one in a zoo where it was being rehabilitated. I think it's quite awesome you've seen so many of them and it does sound like they may be watching over you.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »
hard to believe this was written just 6 months ago.. seems like well over a year has gone by!

Offline Firox

• I is very friendly! No worries
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (still reply to my other sonas, in signature)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox *Flareon*
  • Coloring: Main fur red, do have fluffy yellow fur on head tuft, mane, and tail, dark red inside ears
  • Height: 3ft / 91 cm, lenght: 3ft 6in / 106cm, tail: 3ft 6in / 105cm
  • Weight: 38 lbs / 17kg
  • Build: playful, caring, competitive
  • Currently: friendly and full of fun - love chocolate chip cookies!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 03:28:31 AM »

that was nice Naake, could feel as well, just like Albie mentioned

okay, 9 views, no comments... guess that kind of gives me the answer... Thanks all.  T_T
don't worry if you get no comments
I'm similar in Deviant Art
I can go for 2 to 5 days with only views and favorites but no comments, they will come so no need to get upset at lack of comments
Info on my sona
Vay, female, Vaporeon, New York CIty, New York
Joseph, male, Jolteon, Kansas City, Missouri
Aaron, male, Flareon, McMinnville, Oregon
Arval, male, Umbreon,  San Francisco, California
Jyo, male, Espeon, Seattle, Washington
Linette, female, Leafeon, Biloxi, Mississippi
Grace, female, Glaceon, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sherrie, female, Sylveon, Las Vegas, Nevada

8 opposite gender mates:
Leonardo, male, Vaporeon, Venice, Italy
Robyn, female, Jolteon, Bridgetown, Barbados
Fleur, female, Flareon, Marseille, France
Aycan, female, Umbreon, Istanbul, turkey
Elise, female, Espeon, Basseterre, St. Kitts-Nevis
Zoran, male, Leafeon, Velez, North Macedonia
Florian, male, Glaceon, Craiova, Romania
Seth, male, Sylveon, Ashgabath, Turkmenistan

My other supporting sonas:
Charlene - Bobby - Marrie - Milo - Vanessa - Zoey - Jeremy -Yana - Kumar - Francine - Rorch - Marvinne - Darsha

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 03:58:07 AM »
Understand Jyotis, and yes I'm seeing that it gets looked at, would just be nice to get some more  feedback..