The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The curiously large number of LGTB's in the furry community  (Read 7937 times)

Offline Akartoshi

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Foxxo
The curiously large number of LGTB's in the furry community
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2017, 08:10:07 AM »
I'm a straight guy, but I am not attracted to females. Well, not human females at least. It's really, really annoying to have to explain every single time because I know that everyone has their own opinions and are quick to jump to conclusions. Regardless I hope you all are more understanding because well, this is a furry forum, after all.

I assume that the reason why there are a lot more gays over regular straight people since people can indulge with their fantasies. That is the whole concept of furries and fursona; you get to be what you want. Since people here are a lot less subjective towards gender (at least, more than in my country because **censor** hell my nation kills everyone) and therefore people see the online world as a... kind of security? For this reason I assume that straight human interested people don't really need a protection because that's considered normal. That would explain the amount of gays/trans/people like me who I guess can be theirselves on the internet without receiving negative attention and in the case of my nation, murder.

People in the modern world are so dense. They hate change. More than that, there are so many hypocritical people. Everyone is subjective instead of objective. Online, it's a different story. Nobody judges gays here, so they get to use it freely.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:14:16 AM by Akartoshi »
Small Furry discord
Join if you want cookies!
https://discord.gg/3Gx3dxN

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: The curiously large number of LGTB's in the furry community
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2017, 07:24:35 AM »
That's an interesting and plausible theory.

But, just to get it right, you're saying, that in this case, the subject gets involved in the furry community, because it seeks a place to be it's LGTB-self, rather than for the core aspect. You don't think there are alternatives, on the internet, for a LGTB-person, that don't involve animals walking upright?

What also concerns me, is that you're suggesting that there's a repancy between the numbers of LGTB'ers and their place-of-origin, being that, in the furry community, the numbers of LGTB'ers are higher in countries where it is considered "wrong" to be LGTB, because these people would be seeking "refuge" in the community.

I'm not saying it's implausible, but in my (limited) personal experience, I've actually seen staggeringly higher numbers of straight, non-trans furries from countries where being LGTB is a "problem", possibly because these people are imprinted by their envirement, in believing that being LGTB is a problem, and are thus less likely to admit being it, or admit to being it.

[Content removed]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:01:59 PM by Ventus Fall, Reason: Please do not talk or discuss about inappropriate content. »

Offline Akartoshi

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Foxxo
The curiously large number of LGTB's in the furry community
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2017, 08:02:00 AM »
That's an interesting and plausible theory.

But, just to get it right, you're saying, that in this case, the subject gets involved in the furry community, because it seeks a place to be it's LGTB-self, rather than for the core aspect. You don't think there are alternatives, on the internet, for a LGTB-person, that don't involve animals walking upright?

What also concerns me, is that you're suggesting that there's a repancy between the numbers of LGTB'ers and their place-of-origin, being that, in the furry community, the numbers of LGTB'ers are higher in countries where it is considered "wrong" to be LGTB, because these people would be seeking "refuge" in the community.

I'm not saying it's implausible, but in my (limited) personal experience, I've actually seen staggeringly higher numbers of straight, non-trans furries from countries where being LGTB is a "problem", possibly because these people are imprinted by their envirement, in believing that being LGTB is a problem, and are thus less likely to admit being it, or admit to being it.

[Content removed]
Well, I guess what I wrote is just a wild theory. I guess there are alternatives, but actually I haven't seen any gay forums or solely gay based communities that much.

I think that it would make sense. If you aren't allowed to practice your belief in real life, do it online. (Or at least, that's what others believe.) Otherwise, they are too afraid. I am not really sure at all actually :/

[Content removed]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:04:21 PM by Ventus Fall, Reason: Please do not talk about inappropriate content. »
Small Furry discord
Join if you want cookies!
https://discord.gg/3Gx3dxN