The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Recipes of Mystery and Imagination by Figment  (Read 773 times)

Offline Figment

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Draco Occidentalis
Recipes of Mystery and Imagination by Figment
« on: December 21, 2016, 07:41:32 AM »
Cookie points if you get the refference in the title.

So since I love to cook, like absolutely love to and do it often for my friends. I figured I'd share my love with you all and share a few recipes. My recipes tend to differ a lot, since I like a lot of different cuisines. Some recipes might seem a bit odd to you but don't worry, I assure you that even the odd looking ones are delicious and approved by the most skeptical and fussy eaters of my irl friends.

In either case none of these recipes should kill you ;>

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Spinach Pasta
(serves 4)
Difficulty: Beginner

• Spinach a la creme (frozen variety)(250 grams)
    Minced Meat (300 grams)
    Macaroni (as needed)
    25 grams of butter
    grated cheese (alternatively
Start by putting butter in the frying pan, once the butter has melted, put in the minced meat and fry it on a medium high fire until the meat is brown all around. Besure to devide the meat up and not to let it stick together as you do this. Once its brown all around, put it on a low fire, just to keep it warm. Cook the spinach in a pan. If you have frozen spinach, there's no need to add water, just let it defrost and heat up in the pan, be sure to stir it and to not let it burn. Depending on your macaroni, it can take between 3 and 7 minutes to prepare and since the spinach and meat take no harm from staying on the stove at a low fire, you should set the water to boil for the macaroni last. Once the water is boiling, add the macaroni as needed. Keep in mind that macaroni expands in water, wat might look like very little can turn into a lot. Usually the pack of macaroni tells you how much you need and how long it needs to boil. Don't boil it longer then the package tells you, or you'll get snotty macaroni. You can use a siff to seperate the macaroni from the water. Dump the macaroni and Spinach in with the meat and hussle it together.

You can serve this with cheese. Alternatively you can also use bacon instead of minced meat.

-------------------------

Homemade Chicken Teriyaki
(serves 6)
Difficulty: Advanced

• 1 tbl spoon of Cornflour
  • 1 tbl spoon of cold water
  • 100 grams of Sugar
  • 100 ml of sweet soj sauce (it MUST be SWEET soj sauce)
  • 4 tbl spoons of Cider Vinegar (alternatively Apple vinegar or even applejuice works)
  • 1 teaspoon of finely crushed garlic
  • half a teaspoon of gingerpowder
  • a quarter teaspoon of white pepper
  • 12 chicken drumsticks (alternatiely, chicken breast or any chicken will do)
Start by pouring all the ingredients save for the meat in one pan and set it to cooking on a low fire, stir the pan repeatedly until you get an almost syrupy sauce. Don't worry, teriyaki sauce is suposed to have this texture. while you are doing this, preheat the oven to 220C or 430F. When the sauce has an even color all around and there's no chunks of anything floating in it, slatter the chicken with the sauce, make sure to disperse the sauce evenly along the chicken and not to leave anything uncovered.

WARNING, this sauce is very sticky and hard to clean out of an oven! so make sure you have the chicken in an oven tray and something to catch the leaking sauce and fluids with!.

Put the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes. Then take them out and slatter them with another coat of sauce before setting it in the oven for another 30 minutes. Serve with rice and pour the remainder of the sauce over the servings.

----------------------------

More to be added

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Recipes of Mystery and Imagination by Figment
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 10:20:40 AM »
Aaaaand let me post here so I get updated when you post more ^3^

I like the recipes you mention and their difficulty levels :3
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter