The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: USS Starfire (Anthro Star Trek AU RPG)  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Dark Grey fur, blue mane and tail.
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Build: Rugged, but athletic. Relatively muscular.
USS Starfire (Anthro Star Trek AU RPG)
« on: November 30, 2016, 09:59:41 PM »

Hey all. So, I have an idea, or the beginnings of one, for an RP I'd like to give a whirl.

I've been re-watching TNG and DS9 lately, and the Dominion War is a good arc of Star Trek. The Defiant is also a cool little ship too.
Furries in Star Trek settings have been a part of the fandom for goodness-knows how long, and playing/running something along those lines sounds like it could be fun; most people have more than a passing knowledge of Star Treks' world and setting, so it doesn't require too much explanation either.

My idea on making it an alternate universe is that humans are replaced more with anthro characters; I'll come up with a full reason why if/when this takes off, but my idea would be that there's a divergence in the timeline around the late-to-mid 21st or early 22nd century:

Humans begin to die out from a super-lethal plague. They have genetically engineered a race of helpers at the time from various animals, who seem to be immune. As a last ditch to make sure something of their culture survives, they 'uplift' their creations into full sapience and independence, letting them almost 'take over' running the planet.
They take on the name Terrans, and follow on from humanities' legacy and history, starting the exploration of space after first contact with the Vulcans.
Some of the other more human-looking aliens could equally be a bit more anthro-looking as well.

History after that is more-or-less the same, but we don't have to quibble as much over the details. The main thrust of the game would be that it takes place sometime after the Dominion War and established events in the 'main' Star Trek timeline (i.e. not the JJ Abrams movies), and follows the crew of the USS Starfire, a modification of a Defiant-class ship.
It's modified to be a bit more comfortable for long-endurance operations and patrols. The length has been extended to include a larger shuttle bay, and the ship carries a handful of Valkyrie-class fighters as well as an assault shuttle based on the Argo-class shuttle, as well as its' normal shuttlepods.

The ship and its' crew are part of a new Starfleet initiative to run high-value, high-risk special operations relevant to the Federations' interests; be they dealing with dangerous races, sepratist groups, rogue organizations or other such dangerous or difficult enemies, or even risky and dangerous phenomena all across Federation space  - and beyond. The emphasis on the ship is on tactical operations and missions, and as such the ship is equipped with additional equipment and the crew trained to deal with such.

I'd be looking for a group of players who'd like to take on the normal main cast/crew roles - I'll play the captain as my character in the intrests of being able to lead the plot and keep things directed in the right way, and to be able to ask and answer questions in character easily. Other than that, it'll be a first officer, tactical/operations officer, chief science officer, medical officer, and as many other people as want to join in too.
  • In terms of rules, the main one is 'don't be a dick', as always.
  • Have fun.
  • Don't worry too much about sticking to Trek canon or setting information, or quibble over technical details; the story is the main thing.
  • Please don't powergame or metagame; try and remain in character as much as possible.
  • Try and make sure your characters fit the setting; some psychic abilities would be fine, for example, as there are telepathic and empathic species in ST. half-demon, half-vampire, half-angel angsty teenage magic users with giant swords and improbably spiky hair, however, definitely don't exist.
    And I will laugh at you if you try to play one
  • Please don't make a character that, equally, can be good at everything or do everything. Mary Sue characters are just boring.
  • But on the other side of that, playing someone who's a constantly miserable failure and a ball of constant angst is no fun to be around either. Make someone balanced.
  • You may not play a villain, nor a character who is not part of the ships' crew, as the game is about the ship and its' crew, not other people.
  • Please post in third-person rather than first-person perspective, and using a narrative (i.e. story or descriptive prose) style, rather than *looks around* type posts.
  • Please try and use good grammar and spelling - there are sites on the web that let you check your grammar and spelling, as well as browser extensions to do the same. I understand if you are dyslexic or otherwise challenged, however, and will not hold this against anyone.
  • Please post a minimum of one paragraph per post
  • One post per week minimum, and I will move the game on with a GM post once every player has had a chance to react to the previous post. I will move things on more quickly if the pace keeps up too.
  • Again, don't be a dick.
Character Sheet
Name:
Species: (Anthro Species, if applicable)
Race: (Terran, Vulcan, etc. May play hybrids; terran/vulcan, terran/betazed, etc. If you wish to make up a race, then please put a post up about it first for approval. Again, try not to make them crazy-powerful or over-the-top, or just a copy of an existing race)
Description: A short description of their physical appearance and personality, as well as any other information you think is relevant
Role: Function as part of the Starfire's crew. Ask if you would like a particular position, or to suggest one.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:32:29 PM by anoni, Reason: Fixed the BBCode for you »
A Sound Like Distant Thunder...
USS Starfire - Star Trek based sci-fi action roleplay.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: USS Starfire (Anthro Star Trek AU RPG)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 04:05:03 PM »
Name: Angder
Home Planet: Earth
Species: Wolf
Race: Terran
Description: Confident, aggressive, and not desprately smart. Angder is easy to underestimate However he is fiercely loyal, and capable. Following the spirit of Starfleet to the letter, if not the exact wording. Given the chance, Angder almost insists on going on any missions that require leaving the ship. "If I am not willing to go myself, how is anyone else going to be willing to go in my place?"

For what he looks like, see the image I use as an avatar, now put him in a starfleet uniform of appropriate colour.
Role: Chief security officer (Or equivilent)
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:59:24 AM »
Great character, I like him already. I should post mine soon too.
I'm hoping to get at least 3 - 4 people so we can start, but even if it's just the two of us I'll still get it going.

Post Merge: December 04, 2016, 08:35:38 PM

Name: Silverwind Blade

Home Planet: Mars

Species: Horse

Race: Terran

Description:
6'6" in height, and with a fairly muscular, yet still trim and athletic build; more of a swimmer or runner than a body-builder type. His rugged facial features match this; he has an angular, handsome appearance for the most part, with a few age-lines around his eyes.
His fur is dark grey, nearly black, and contrasts well with his blue mane and tail. His eyes are bright green and sparkle with a gleam of intelligence and mischief at the best of times. When that sparkle goes cold and hard, is when things are serious and about to get dangerous. His voice is firm and strong, and has a warm and trusting quality to it, though can be loud and commanding when necessary.

His clothing is, of course, mainly a Starfleet uniform of the appropriate type to the task at hand in command red. When off duty, he tends to dress in comfortable, yet practical clothing.

In terms of personality, he is curious, energetic and optimistic for the most part. He is a daring and occasionally cocky commander, but values the life of his crew and the safety of his ship above all else. He is willing to bend rules, or even outright break them if the circumstances call for it, and of course if it benefits the greater good of society and of innocent lives.
He has a strong belief that, for the most part, people want to do good on the whole and to treat each other well, but he is more than aware there is a lot of darkness to the universe, and is more than willing to put himself as a barrier against that for the good of others.
Despite his strong moral nature and optimistic view, he has a cunning, pragmatic and sly side that often helps with creating or manipulating situations and can be a shrewd tactician and strategist.
He tries to be a confidante to his crew and make himself approachable, but at the same time realizes that a captain and commander must maintain some distance and be a figure of inspiration to his crew, something that often leaves him feeling isolated and a little lonely.

Role: Ship's Captain.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:35:39 PM by Silverwind Blade, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 12:22:55 AM »
I will warn you, my knowledge of Star Trek is... subpar. I have watched TNG (Fairly recently), and DS9 (A long while ago), but I am far from an expert.

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 07:14:39 AM »
Ehh, I'm not going to be particularly picky about accuracy or canon. It'd be far too hard to keep track of everything, and also too restricting. As long as the RP at least 'feels' like a Star Trek one then I'll be happy that it's 'accurate'.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 01:28:16 AM »
Looks like it really is just us two...

Well, I'm ready when you are.

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 01:50:14 AM »
Always liked the ST series and character development, would play, but am feral, and not overly experienced. Will definitely be watching as this develops!
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 03:29:27 PM »
Is this RP actually happening or...?