The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: --White Mage's OCs--  (Read 1306 times)

Offline White Mage

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Nice seeing you today!
    • Awards
  • Species: Token Human
--White Mage's OCs--
« on: November 27, 2016, 04:10:02 AM »
Here is a drawing I did of Grendel recently. I was practicing with the markers I got during the Black Friday sale. It was fun.  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
I'm at the borderline of my faith,
I'm at the hinterland of my devotion
In the front line of this battle of mine
But I'm still alive... I'm the soldier of love

-Sade

Offline Fable

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Lil' Leo
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard Gecko and Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: amethyst purple with black
  • Height: 12 inches long from nose to tail tip. Standing height about 9 inches
  • Build: slender and wiry
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I'm back for a while
Re: --White Mage's OCs--
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 04:17:46 AM »
that's a really cool drawing, you did well!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
-Edgar Allan Poe
My life flashed before my eyes! it was really boring...
-chicken run
Blood may be thicker than water but that just makes it easier to drown in.
-iLL WiLL PrEss

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 10:27:38 AM »
Cool drawing and character. I think it's really awesome you took your time to draw your own character. Quite original-looking too. I like it!
Make more o3o
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline White Mage

• Avid Aardvark
  • Nice seeing you today!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 02:24:59 AM »
that's a really cool drawing, you did well!

Thank you. :)

Cool drawing and character. I think it's really awesome you took your time to draw your own character. Quite original-looking too. I like it!
Make more o3o

Thanks, I love drawing.

When I get some down time I will post more art.

-Sade

Offline White Mage

• Avid Aardvark
  • Nice seeing you today!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 05:07:03 AM »
Here is a character that is near and dear to me. His name is Rex!

I spoiler some information about him here, most of it is an analysis on Rex's powers. This is because the story he was originally in involves many characters with interesting powers and ablitles. The stats existed as a way to classify different characters, and rank them... because I'm nerdy. The story itself worked like a typical adolescent "Lets get the McGuffin and save the world!" story with cool powers, but in a steam punk setting, and with multiple factions fighting for the Keystones (McGuffins) all at once. It was going to be a graphic novel by the name of "The Keystones", unfortunately though I only got through roughly a chapter of it before I lost interest several years ago. :(
Spoiler for Hidden:
Battle hardened Tank

Stats

Strength: 6
Endurance: 8
Agility: 3
Intelligence: 8
Will: 6
Sprit: 8
Dexterity: 6
Formability: 7
Elemental affiliation: Water as an utility, and an immunity

Skill set

-Wields lances in combat. The lances themselves are conjured from the moisture in the air, allowing Rex to freely create many lances at any given time. Once they have fulfilled their purpose the lances evaporate away.

-Rex has rudimentary healing skills. He can heal small wounds and cure various ailments with little effort. He is unable to heal the mortally wounded.

-Rex communicates telepathically to others (He is physically mute), allowing for Rex to read opponent’s minds, strategize with allies, and single out endangered allies.

-Aside from his lances Rex can also create water in liuid form from the moisture in the air, and manipulate it freely. He uses his power over water in a defensive manner. He condenses water to make solid walls, braces to contain a threat, and/or orbs that generate a powerful blow back when ruptured.

Personality & Habits
Loyal, Brave, and Protective. Often has trouble reeling back his concern for his friend's safety, thus coming off as possessive. Interestingly, these qualities don’t extend past his friends. He is markedly uncaring, and cold towards strangers. Incredibly reserved in communication. Has a strong confidence in his capabilities, and tends to ignore other’s advice. No sense of humor. He has a soft spot for children.

Notes
-Rex belongs to a fictional race of aquatic dragon people known as the "Aquacharma". The "Aqua" is self explanatory, but "Char" is a fictional country where Rex's race resides off the coast of. 
-Rex's original role in his group of traveling companions was a sort of like the experienced mentor.
-Rex's personal backstory unintentionally follows the premise of "Hamlet", in that Rex's father was assassinated by Rex's uncle, and Rex himself was forced to flee. Fortunately the conclusion of Rex's personal arc wouldn't have involved Rex's own death in a quest for revenge.

An explanation on the statistical measurements
Spoiler for Hidden:
Strength: Physical power, the amount of brute power one has at ones disposal.

Endurance: Physical defense, how big a beating a character can take before giving out. As well as Stamina, which is handling exhausting situations over time.

Agility: Speed... gotta go fast.... really can't think how to elaborate beyond that. Also takes reflexes into consideration.

Intelligence: Ability to make decisions, ability to strategically plan, as well as the wealth of experience at one's disposal. 

Will: An umbrella term for active/aggressive powers that aren't utilized through tools. The most common ones are raw elemental power, healing powers, addling/buffing powers.

Sprit: The ability to withstand non-physical attacks. Level of resistance to being addled. Also involves Passive/defensive powers that aren't utilized through tools.

Dexterity: The skill with which a character wields weapons, tools, and other personal effects. This takes into account powers that are tied with a weapon/tool a character uses.

Formidability: Ability to utilize all physical, and non physical powers, competently in their required situations, as well as the frequency of these situations. It accounts for powers tied to a tools. Also a summarization/average of Strength-Endurance-agility-intelligence. In effect what a character's stats boil down too.   

Elemental affiliation: If a character has the ability to generate, and manipulate one of the eight elemental powers. (Water, Fire, Plant, Earth, Wind, Electricity, Light, and Dark). If a character has total immunity to a specific element(s) it will be indicated here rather in their resistance.

In layman's terms
Strength: Attack
Endurance: Defense
Agility: Speed
Intelligence: Tactical ability
Will: Magic Attack
Sprit: Magic Defense
Dexterity: Skill handling weapons
Formability: An overall average

I have other characters from "The Keystones" I may get around to sharing one day. Well... the anthropomorphic ones, a lot of the cast are actually humans. In future I'll denote whether a character is from "The Keystones", or not. Mainly because beyond Rex, my interest in a lot of the characters has dwindled. So if somebody wanted to talk to me about a Keystone Character I'm less into it then a newer OC.

Should I keep the stat classification around stuff in future, or is it distracting?

-Sade

Offline White Mage

• Avid Aardvark
  • Nice seeing you today!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 10:58:11 PM »
Here's another Keystone character. His name is Chess, he is a cat-magician, and off his rocker.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Muse of Fortunes

Stats

Strength: 2
Endurance: 5
Agility: 7
Intelligence: 9
Will: 10 (!!!)
Spirit: 10
Dexterity: 9
Formidability: 8
Elemental affiliation: Fire

Skill set

Chess’s gimmick is that the efficiency of all his attacks is determined with the roll of a di, the flip of a coin, or the draw of a card. Making every single action a gambit for Chess. That being said, Chess is exceptionally good at making the best of being dealt a bad hand. 

Chess is capable of: Teleportation, Summoning, Kinetic Combustion (Fiery explosions!!!), and Illusions. Chess also wields an interesting variety of deceptively powerful tools in combat. Many of which are the stereotypical magician's ware, like a bottomless hat, playing cards, handkerchief etc. He prefers projectiles, like throwing knifes, in combat, but has a decent hand at most weapons.

Chess has the last ditch ability to warp reality, (think an illusion except real), at the expense of becoming less and less sane every time he taps into this power.

Personality
Smooth talking mad-cat. His surface level demeanor is confident and unreadable. His speech is a poker face that hides the insincerity of his actions. A showman at heart, he plays off of the drama of a moment, eats tension for breakfast, he moves about his life with a level of absurd grandiosity. To go into depth with Chess it quickly becomes apparent though that he himself is not mentally sound. Chess revels in destruction, inciting havoc and chaos where ever he goes. He has an unparalleled love for taking risks. He is always operating with his own agenda in mind. He should never be trusted.

Notes
-I had originally worked out the "reality warping" as an attribute of a specific class called the "Alucidtos", all of which were crazy strong with non-physical powers, but self destructive. Like... Magically oriented Berserkers in practice. Outside of Chess I only had one other character classified as an Alucidtos. Easy Alucidtos indicator is they are frightfully thin, wear bright colors, and keep their eyelids painted.
-Chess is one of the strongest "3rd party" characters in my original cast. He was a typical chaotic neutral.   
-Despite being named "Chess" he is a poor Chess player. No idea why he goes by this alias.

-Sade