The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Show me the ropes of RP  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Keywee612

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Lynch?
  • Height: 5'12
  • Weight: 125
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
Show me the ropes of RP
« on: November 02, 2016, 05:21:06 AM »
Hi, how can show how to rp and the basic want you meet my fursoan can't do a host, too shy to do, but we can discuss the theme of course.

Like the Themes most:
Modern Fantasy like Final Fantasy 8 or 13? , minor Sci-fi, Medieval not medieval like skyrim something like anime or update clothes and Slice of Life, i have two types fursoan look and OC look depends the RP, could be pokemon

Did made my own world based on my story back 2011 still using today But have different name and world but same element materials, if make a story like,

For now just want how to RP a Slice of Life or fantasy or both either one, can just want a friend for my fursoan

Can do sfw or [REMOVED], right now sfw only mostly can't do [REMOVED] unless someone request me do a rp [REMOVED] the host have di it, not me, can group rp or 1x1 rp mostly going shy on either lol

Just Message me where you want to rp
Skype, email, etc

(Skype mostly on my main account for my family have log in and log off other account.)

May talk third person in rp not fursoan but sonething based on my story

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 06:29:43 AM by Alistair, Reason: Do not remove moderator text »
All the works of man/woman have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination, this my other mask my other persona unit find my happiness and ability to make friends with peers from my "Puzzle"

Offline Keywee612

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
Re: Show me the ropes of RP
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 06:08:33 AM »
Never mind i see it also did not know cant that word

All the works of man/woman have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination, this my other mask my other persona unit find my happiness and ability to make friends with peers from my "Puzzle"

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 06:36:06 AM »
Do not remove moderator text once it has been put in place.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Keywee612

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 06:39:42 AM »
Never mind i see it also did not know cant that word

Oh, sorry i don't know much about the rules here

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 09:35:36 AM »
https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?page=rules is a good place to start. If you want further details, click on the rule in question and a green-texted description should appear.

Offline Keywee612

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 10:03:33 AM »
https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?page=rules is a good place to start. If you want further details, click on the rule in question and a green-texted description should appear.
Thank, hope find someone to do a rp

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 12:30:46 PM »
I personally prefer serious RP's myself but haven't found one that has yet struck my fancy. If you want some tips, the first one is be detailed about things in the RP. Usually a good RP post will be at least 4-5 lines worth minimum, giving details of the character along with giving details to their actions in a particular scene or their interactions with other characters.

Second one is make sure you fit to the theme of the RP... while this one is important, this one is not as missed as the first one. The main reason on fitting to the theme of the RP is that if you're playing as a wild-west cowboy and the setting is closer to that of a medieval timeline/era, then your cowboy might have some difficulty fitting into the realm.