Author Topic: Michen's drawings V2  (Read 14604 times)

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
Michen's drawings V2
« on: October 28, 2016, 12:21:13 PM »
Well, here I go again.

It was about time I finished this. I had an art trade with Firox from The Furry Forums, and here's Flareon from my part. I tried my best, but there are still a lot of things off. Guess that just means I can learn a lot just from this drawing I can take with me for my next drawing (that's why I made the art trade in the first place).

Here's one of my first drawings I made since I started drawing as a hobby. It doesn't look too shabby for a beginner. Yeah, that's all I got. It pictures Michen, my snow leopard fursona. I'll redraw it later, though it might take a while before I can start with it...

Constructive criticism is more than welcome. If any of you can't see the picture, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Edit: Oh, before I forget. Any new drawings will also be posted on my DeviantArt account.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 09:05:45 PM by Michen_S »

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
Re: Michen's drawings V2
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 12:40:01 PM »
Better than I expected honestly. You improved a lot since drawing Michen. Of course there's still a long road to go through, but it's looking good at the start.
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 01:00:23 PM »
Thanks, I do my best. It may take a while before I finished the next one. I need to learn to not try to draw too far above my current skill level, which is my main... erm... drawer's block, so to say. But when it's finally getting good for someone of my skill level, that's when I'm happy I made it. I might not be very good yet, but I'll keep trying.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 09:05:21 PM »

This is a mandrake, pretty much Etrian Odyssey's iconic enemy. It's effect depends on the game. I didn't take too much time to make this (as I'm actually supposed to work on something else), so I decided to finish the lineart and upload it as is. I made this with pencils and paper rather than my 3DS, but making a picture with my 3DS is not the best way to share it. I'll try to find a better way for next time...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:39:09 AM by Michen »

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 10:08:48 PM »

About time I uploaded something new. This drawing is a character based on the forest folk of Etrian Odyssey, though I might've made a few changes here and there...? Anyways, this is one of my first attempts at drawing human-like creatures. The arms and legs were a pain to do, so I decided to leave the feet as is. If I tried making the feet and hands better I wouldn't have posted this before the end of the next month...

By the way, from this place I thank my dad for giving me the drawing book for sinterklaas. Without it, the drawing would probably take even longer and still look a lot worse. I doubt he'll see this, but he probably already knows anyways.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:39:18 AM by Michen »

Offline White Mage

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Nice seeing you today!
    • Awards
  • Species: Token Human
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 02:25:43 AM »
humanoids are hard to draw.

Main things I see that could be improved is the head is too small. THe body looks roughly ten, to eleven head lengths tall eye balli'n it. "Ideal" proportions are seven to eight heads tall. Anything more then nine makes the head look disproportionally small, and unnatural.

Hands and feet are too small as well, but it is entirely forgivable. AS both are hardddd to render correctly even with experience.

There are some things I think you got correct tho. Like the  elbows lining up with the waist, and the "rhythm" of the legs.

Hopefully that helps some! :)
I'm at the borderline of my faith,
I'm at the hinterland of my devotion
In the front line of this battle of mine
But I'm still alive... I'm the soldier of love

-Sade

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 10:05:09 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. I actually tried to make the figure 8 heads long, but I think I accidentally made the head smaller in the progress...

Offline White Mage

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Nice seeing you today!
    • Awards
  • Species: Token Human
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 02:37:54 AM »
Yeah, that kind of stuff happens to me all the time. It used to be a lot more frustrating, but eventually I learned to fix height through trial an error.

You're welcome. :)
I'm at the borderline of my faith,
I'm at the hinterland of my devotion
In the front line of this battle of mine
But I'm still alive... I'm the soldier of love

-Sade

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 03:28:29 PM »

Sorry for the long wait. Again.... I tried to play around with shades a bit, it's not very well done nor very visible on the scan, so I'll check how to solve that.

This drawing is recognisable as Jesus on the cross for some, except it seems... off. Lightly said. There are some Christians who don't like what I did here. I chose to do it this way with a reason, that being that this simply appeals more to me. I also did this because I knew not everyone liked it (I actually wanted to make it even worse, but a friend advised me not to). Some Christian groups sometimes critisize other Chhristian groups with disastrous results, sometimes with the best intentions. My personal faith seem to clash with what other Christians believe at times. Here in the Netherlands Christians in general are getting more critique from non-Christians. So yeah, there you go.

As always, constructive critisism is welcome.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:39:30 AM by Michen »

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 04:22:44 PM »
I was surprised to see this, Michen ^^
I think it was a very bold and daring move you did by drawing this, I'm proud of you that you feel open to talk and draw about these things. I think it was a nice touch you made Jesus look more as a furry. Heck if we're going with the phrase: 'God loves all', then he would love furries too.
I understand why some people might be against it, not necessarily Christians, but I understand why they might think in particular as this being 'wrong' or offensive.

I like the drawing and what you did to symbolise it with.

As for some further commentary/critique (hope you're ok with that? :)): You are very aware of yourself certain things that can be improved upon, which is a good thing. Otherwise you cannot start to improve on things if you want to. I agree, you can make the shading more visible. I do see the shading, but I think you might need to 'expand' the area of where you shade, you keep the shading too close to the lines. If that makes sense.
I think the head could be drawn a bit larger in comparison, the lower legs/feet a bit longer. I noticed the head also doesn't have ears, but you seem to portray a feline (lion?), maybe you could add the ears next time and a mane?
I assume since you wanted to portray Jesus that the furry shown is a male, but the chest you drew seems to look more feminine. When drawing males be aware males have more 'hard' edges. So rectangular shapes apply more to men. Round shapes more to women.

Once again, I like the symbolism and I think you made a daring move there. Well done :)
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 03:38:06 PM »
Oh shoot, I forgot the ears. Facepaw there. And I wass actually trying to create a female lioness. You know how God is usually portrayed as male? I wanted to focus more on God's female side, because God has that as well. Well, that and a male lion is harder to draw.
Thanks for the critique, I value it a lot. I learn from the problems I see, but constructive critisism enables me to learn from what I overlooked or what is hard for me to see.

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 03:42:25 PM »
I rather like that idea.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 07:56:16 PM »
It's been quite a while since I posted here (again), so I just made this to at least entertain you a little. See it as a little sorry from my part.

Don't worry, better stuff coming soon. I promise. I just wanted to do something funny for now.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:31:48 AM by Michen_S »

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 08:07:56 PM »
Haha I like it *brings a cup of chicken soup*
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline Panda

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Build: Petite
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 08:16:55 PM »
AWWW that's so cute ^^
It reminds me of waaay back in the day when people made ASCII art. Nice patience ;P
[ Asexual furry | Genderfluid | They/them ]
Spoiler for Hidden: