The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: [Closed] The Aerial Exploration Syndicate (RP for Non-Anthros that can fly)  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black with lilac eyes
  • Build: Lithe and streamline
  • Currently: :yltnerruC
This is a bit of an experiment since, as the title says, all characters should be feral and able to fly. It is in no way intended to be exclusive and you are encouraged to create a suitable character if you don't already have one (or just feralize the one you do have).

The Aerial Exploration Syndicate is a company that hires you to explore the mysterious lands known as "The Wastes". Dragons, gryphons and many others fly alongside you into this great expanse to the east of your homeland where the rough terrain, hostile creatures and lack of civilization make it unsafe for anthros to venture into.

As the frontier of the civilized world is ever pushed forward your services are invaluable and the rewards are great though, as you know, the land can often take back more than it gives.

The expedition you are embarking on at this very moment goes deeper into the Wastes than anyone you know can remember and it will be several months before you return. With few supplies, you will have to rely solely on yourself and your companions as you seek to plumb the mysteries of this unforgiving land...

There will be a mixture of exploration, combat and socialization in this RP. The world it is set in is left deliberately vague so that you can come up with a unique homeland to suit your character.

Character sheets should go as follows:

Name:
Species:
Current Gender:
Appearance:
Experience within the Syndicate: (This can be your first expedition or the latest in a long line)
Primary combat ability: (Eg. Sharp talons, firey breath)
Additional combat abilities:
Brief Biography: (Don't feel you have to include everything here, you can hold things back to reveal later if you choose)

Rules:

We will start out in the order that people join. I will try to respond to every post but keep going if I don't. (I live in the UK and am most active between 1700 and 2130 UTC on weekdays and sporadically  throughout the day on weekends.)

There may be opportunities for additional characters to join once the RP has started, I will announce them here as they come.

I will try to adapt the world to the strength of the characters but it is quite easy to become too OP with ferals, please do not be offended if you are asked to reduce your power level.

Good luck out there!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:24:36 PM by Sarrus »
"There is intrigue among the souls, and treachery. No worse fate can befall a man than to be surrounded by traitor souls."

Offline Niphi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fluff Dragon
  • Currently: eating a whole bottle of vitamins to become healthy
Re: [Open] The Aerial Exploration Syndicate (RP for Non-Anthros that can fly)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 09:44:49 PM »
Name: Niphi
Species: Fluff Dragon
Appearance: Thick light blue fur, ivory white horns and talons, golden eyes, smaller than average size
Experience with Syndicate: I have been on many previous expeditions with the Syndicate
Primary combat ability: Ice breath
Additional: talons, teeth, other dragony things, etc
Brief Biography: I was raised in the harsh Northern isles of Tjorlbad, where strength and ferocity reign supreme among the dragon population. Being one of the more runty dragons, I had a childhood of near starvation and loneliness, being cast aside by the others of my brood. In spite of my miserable upbringing, I developed a stalwart determination to survive, eventually abandoning my ancestral home and flying to foreign lands where I became obsessed with culture, hardly able to comprehend how diverse the world is. It was this passion that led me to the Syndicate, giving me the opportunity to be on the forefront of discovery. It was in the Syndicate that I met my mate, the black dragon Sarrus.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:52:46 PM by Niphi »

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 09:49:38 PM »
Name: Sarrus
Current Gender: Male
Species: Black Western Dragon
Appearance: Average size and lean build with glowing lilac eyes.
Experience within the Syndicate: Worked with them for some time but as a scholar, this is my first expedition lasting more than a few days.
Primary combat ability: Fiery Breath
Additional combat abilities: Talons and teeth as well as some basic combat magic.
Brief Biography: I have always lived a sheltered life, my parents were well respected drakes in the town of Vathariem and they used their gold to send me to the local mages college. After graduating, I found myself drawn to the mysteries of the Wastes though until now I have always tried to pursue my interest from a distance. The syndicate was a good fit for me and it was there I met my mate, the ice dragoness Niphi. I have given in to my desire to get a closer look at the lands I study and volunteered for the expedition, hoping against hope that I will comeback unscathed and rich in new knowledge.
"There is intrigue among the souls, and treachery. No worse fate can befall a man than to be surrounded by traitor souls."

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 11:32:32 PM »
Name: Razuel Dracon
Species: Western Feral Dragon
Current Gender: Male
Appearance: https://www.furaffinity.net/view/21099142/
Experience within the Syndicate: Is going along as hired strength
Primary combat ability: Metal cutting claws
Additional combat abilities: strong fire breath, brief hypnotization
Brief Biography: His backstory is in the appearance link, more may come later

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 10:34:36 AM »
Welcome! I think we can kick things off while we wait to see if anyone else joins. I have created an initial post on the main thread so you can introduce yourselves by joining the campfire.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 04:24:45 PM »
Name:Tandridan

Species: Dragon(Telekinetic)

Appearance: Large blue Serpentine body, with only the two front legs (normal for the species), and huge feathered wings. The wings often give the impression that Tandridan is quite large.  However in truth he is fairly Frail and slightly smaller than an average dragon

Experience within the Syndicate: first time with the Exploration Syndicate

Primary combat ability: Telekinisis (Requires him to concentrate, Has extreme difficulty influencing living things, Larger objects are much harder to manipulate, objects larger than himself are almost immovable. Can only focus one one thing at a time if said thing is human sized or larger. Can Lift, move, and crush objects being manipulated)

Additional combat abilities: Claws, and bite (Both fairly weak)

Brief Biography: Telekinetic dragons are a separate species to regular dragons. Born with immense mental capabilities, the species learns from a young age to manipulate the world with their mind, Few Telekinetic dragons would ever consider using their claws for anything. After all, why would you?
Tandridan's mind was always sub-par by his species standards. His Telekinetic abilities were weak, he was subpar in intelligence (By the standards of the species) and given the society he lived in, having someone stupid in the family was a disgrace. While he was never forced to flee (That would be uncivilized) he certainly never felt welcome, and once he left home had trouble getting any real work. Eventually he found his way to the syndicate, hoping for some escape from the shame he felt about himself, he signed up almost immediately

I am happy to give the limits of his Telekinesis in more details if you want, equally I would understand if you Veto the power entirely.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:03:25 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 06:28:46 PM »
Name: Haldren (or Hal)

Species: Faerie Dragon

Appearance: Dark purple main body with tints of bright orange, and a white under belly. He's quite small, for a dragon, smaller than Tandridan, which isn't too strange for what he is. Quadrupedal. His wings seem to be pearlescent, appearing to be different colours under different lights.

Experience within the Syndicate: First time with the Syndicate

Primary Abilities: Flitting- Can sort of "jump" or teleport short distances, can be done in rapid succession but is rather tiring. Sharp claws and a bite, though given his size probably not going to do most things.

Additional Abilities: Whilst some would say it's not an ability, he is able to inanely chatter about nearly anything which can cause those lacking in patience to become rather angry. He also has a very good memory and a keen eye.

Brief Biography: Haldren was never one for fighting, even for a Faerie Dragon. Sure one of these smaller dragons would probably never pick a fight with one of the much larger kinds of winged flying reptiles but they would obviously be a scrap amongst themselves or with similar sized creatures. He was always more of a thinker and a talker, or in many cases a runner, what with his ability to travel over small distances rapidly. To a much larger creature, the distance he can suddenly pop over is probably insignificant but over a couple of flits it's more than enough to get out of arms reach, usually. He was always interested in exploring and discovering new things, and felt the Syndicate could use more talky thinky people, so he decided he'd join, against the wishes of many. He's stubborn like that.

Hoping largely non combat characters are okay. Are they? Cuz this seems like it'd be interesting.

Offline Sarrus

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 06:34:44 PM »
That shouldn't be a problem. Like the flitting by the way, very Dishonored.

Post Merge: September 17, 2016, 10:07:17 PM
We seem to have a good number of characters now, I will leave this open until tomorrow and then we can get started.

Post Merge: September 18, 2016, 02:25:23 PM
That should be enough characters to get started now!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:25:23 PM by Sarrus, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: [Closed] The Aerial Exploration Syndicate (RP for Non-Anthros that can fly)
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 08:40:50 PM »
*Writes post*

*Rereads post*

*ah, issues*

*Fixes*

*Posts*

--2 hours pass--

*rereads*

*Everything is Typos and mistakes*

AGHHHHHHHHH

----

Yea, I am sorry if this happens a lot. I am bad at typing it seems.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:44:09 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.