The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cell (2016) **SPOILERS**  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Thisaccountnolongerinuse

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
Cell (2016) **SPOILERS**
« on: August 14, 2016, 05:25:54 AM »
Cell is a Sci-Fi action thriller based off of the Stephen King story of the same name. The film stars John Cusack playing Clay Riddle, a graphic novelist who is caught in the middle of a zombie apocalypse caused my a cell phone virus that emits a sound that turns the user into a mindless killing machine. Along with Clay actor Samuel L. Jackson who plays a train conductor and they both brace the world and discover what is the cause of the zombies strange behavior.

Now the film's major fault is that the plot is promising, in fact the opening scene that takes place in an airport when all hell breaks loose when everyone using a cell phone turns into zombies and kills the rest of the normal people. This was a good scene I was fixed to the screen practically. But as the film goes on it relies on cheap jump scares and dark comedy. The ladder is pulled off great, and it makes up for the stupid plot line that says all of the zombies fall asleep when the TROLOLOL song plays. I kid you not. Anyway the dark comedy in the scene is the characters decide to burn the by driving over them leaving napalm in their tracks. All while they chug whiskey.

The worst part of this film is the ending, which involves the main character finding his infected son and infects himself and the film ends with him wondering in the crowed of zombies. It is revealed that the zombies are one single being and when infected they go into a matrix like virtual reality zone.

The film starts off high and ends on a low note. The film could have been good if it was a comedy in my opinion. The horror is there, but the scares get worse

5.7/10

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Cell (2016) **SPOILERS**
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 07:02:06 AM »
Interesting, I should check this movie out some time. I think you really wrote a nice review too.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Thisaccountnolongerinuse

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
Re: Cell (2016) **SPOILERS**
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 05:29:51 PM »
Interesting, I should check this movie out some time. I think you really wrote a nice review too.

Thank You