The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furry Run  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Black Ice

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
Furry Run
« on: May 18, 2016, 02:30:47 AM »
OK this may be a crazy idea but a furry run for charity. I know a lot of people will be in a fur suit so it would be a short run or really a walk. This is just an idea that came to mind but I imagine if enough people got together we could do this and actually do something good to try to change the way others view the fandom. I would try to schedule it during a time where it is in the 50s during the day to keep people cool so like late October or early November. BTW I'm in Georgia US so it would have to be somewhere close enough to get a good crowd for a good impact. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated and welcomed.
HELLO! I am myself and no one else, I WILL NEVER CHANGE FOR ANYONE!

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Anubian (closed species)
  • Coloring: black/gold/red
  • Currently: Kal kek m'al shol'va!
Re: Furry Run
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 03:51:41 PM »
If you wanna stay in GA, ATL (Atlanta for non GA furs) is a pretty good crowd catcher, they also seen more open and friendly  in general. Or some place like Athens. Might work as well, good possibility to get some UGA members. Or UGA furrs in on it as well.

I like the idea that you have , I would also love to know more if you wish to share. (a Georgia fur here by the way. ) ^_^
Mak tal shree! Lok tak. Mekta satak Styxx! Mok tal Styxx kree!
(I am the great and powerful Styxx)

"I wade through the fields of punishment; the wretched faces of the damned reflect in the shadows of the folds, as if their very souls were stitched within the fabric of my black robes. Though I come from darkness, and the riches beneath the world are mine to bestow, I still begin my day with the splendor of this little… roasted… bean."

Lord Frosty Butt

:^3

Offline Black Ice

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 07:10:19 PM »
AWESOME, both the ideas and that your interested. As of right now I am just formulating this idea, the next step is to find some local groups and try to get a force to push this idea out. The cost will probably be something like 5 to 10 dollars per person and maybe some snacks for everyone if we get enough people. And the more people that are there the easier it will be to form a more positive opinion.
HELLO! I am myself and no one else, I WILL NEVER CHANGE FOR ANYONE!

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Anubian (closed species)
  • Coloring: black/gold/red
  • Currently: Kal kek m'al shol'va!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 04:19:21 PM »
I'm not too sure about  the groups in GA as I'm newly open about being furry XD also a severe shyness, but I can try and help out if you would like some help in this idea, I have no problem with this idea as it seems amazing. Could also do something interesting like free hugs and giving out some candy for valentines day. Or something like that.
Mak tal shree! Lok tak. Mekta satak Styxx! Mok tal Styxx kree!
(I am the great and powerful Styxx)

"I wade through the fields of punishment; the wretched faces of the damned reflect in the shadows of the folds, as if their very souls were stitched within the fabric of my black robes. Though I come from darkness, and the riches beneath the world are mine to bestow, I still begin my day with the splendor of this little… roasted… bean."

Lord Frosty Butt

:^3