The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Commission: Revived  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
The Commission: Revived
« on: May 12, 2016, 08:13:51 AM »
This is a Serious RP I made back in 2010 before my forum hiatus. I am interested to see who would be interested in participating. If so, please post a ref-sheet here and wait for approval. This RP is heavily story driven and based off of a lot of hours spent watching The Godfather, playing L.A. Noire, and reading into New York City's lengthly criminal history.

It is 1947 and New York City's crime rates have been the highest in decades. The as the years go by, the city is overrun by the Five Organized crime Families; Bianchi, Lombardi, Marino, Romano, and the Morettis. The Five Families each have their own connections in order to remain "untouchable" and for this purpose have maintained a truce together to form the major crime syndicate called "The Commission." Each one of the families has their own system of heirachy which is in order of the associates, soldiers, captain, consigliere, the underboss, and the Don. Post-war New York is seeing an overflow of drugs, guns, and money being brought in through the shipping yards, much of it from the US military's surplus of morphine and munitions leftover from years at war.

But recently, there has been talk of which family is destined to call the shots in New York's Underground. The Commission is beginning to crumble as greed and violence plague the streets. Vendettas, arsons, murders, drug trafficking and extortion has caused massive friction between the families as they battle eacther in the struggle for control over the city's boroughs. New York's finest are bleeding as corruption runs rampant as they struggle to take down the familes for good. The police corruption must be eradicated before investigations come to a halt. In this city, furs and humans work on both sides. Police have deployed undercover officers, wire taps, raids, and still have yet to make an arrest on the Dons of New York City. But without and evidence and with only a few honest cops left, they are forced to dig deeper into the underbelly of New York's darkest criminal minds. As the good citizens of New York scramble for fear that the city is no longer safe, most are forced to stay and struggle with the ongoing threat of organized crime. It is up to you to decide the fate of this city, but remember: Actions have consequences...and that respect goes farther than money.

The Families:

Bianchi - The Bianchi family is very large in the contruction business as well as drug trafficking, racketeering, and contract killings. They control Greenwhich Village located in the lower half of Manhattan. They are in violation of contruction codes, by-laws, and restrictions.

Lombardi - Own and control the disposal of waste in New York. They run Brooklyn and like the other families, extort store owners for protection money, conrol rackets, illegal gambling rings, contract killings, drug trafficking.

Marino - Own Little Italy and have numerous members inside law enforcement and also carry out the extortion of store owners for protection money, conrol rackets, illegal gambling rings, contract killings, drug trafficking.

Romano - Control New Jersey and have ties in the business of money laundering. They work the harbours and are associated with pier thefts, human cargo, and illegal importing.

Moretti - Are in control of the Bronx. They are in the business foucusing on sweatshops and labour rackets. They too, carry out murder for hire, counterfeiting, assault, drug trafficking, etc.

RULES: Read these if you want to participate.

1. No godmodding. Period. Sometimes your characters are faced with disadvantages. If death occurs, apply a new ref sheet to keep playing.
2. No magic. No exceptions.
3. ALL OOC CHAT SHOULD BE IN THIS THREAD AND THIS THREAD ONLY.
4. Please be articulate when posting in this story. No *actions* please.
5. Stick to the plot and try not to stray. If you've got a back story with your character, incorporate it with the plot.
6. Creating multiple characters of all types of is encouraged. You can be on any side.
7. Please be reasonable with posting so others are not left waiting. If you have nothing to say, please say so in OOC.
8. Any breaking of these rules will result in me killing you off from the RP.
9. No one-line posts please. Take those over to the Fun RP.
10. Have fun and remember all forum rules still apply here.

Post your character sheet(s) and wait for my approval to post.
Feel free to add any other information about your characters that you'd like for everyone to understand them better as a bio. I only require that you have the main five fields for your profile. You may be ANYONE (police, mafia, store owner, house wife, etc.) as long as you try to contribute equal imortance to the story as any other character.

NOTE: If you are police or part of a crime family, please be sure to post your rank of authority. You may choose to be a don or head of investigation but please dont power trip on everyone else unless you want me to tell you to leave the RP. 

Name:
Appearance:

Here's mine:

Name: Spike Commisso
Species: Coyote
Appearance: Usually seen wearing a black pinstripe suit with a matching fedora. He wears black leather gloves when not at home in the Brooklyn Compound.

Bio: He is one of the most loyal friends and associate of the Lombardi don. Since he was a young child, Spike was looked after by the powerful crime family after his father killed his mother in a murder suicide. He worked his way up as muscle and now supervises operations for the Lombardi don. He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty as they usually always are. He's good with a knife and well known to police. He shows respect when respected and doesn't hesitate when given orders from his superiors.

I will start the RP soon, just want to see who will participate first. Again, please wait for me to approve your sheets and start the RP.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 08:34:57 AM by Spike_ »

Offline Dirgeful

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Yo! Pleasure meeting you ^^
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Alkov (Cat-Dog-Plant thing)
  • Height: 5.3
  • Currently: Sleepy/watching anime/wanting to draw
Re: The Commission: Revived
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 08:58:31 PM »
I think this sounds pretty cool, so I'll join. I'm not all to sure on official statuses, but hopefully this'll cover it.

Name: Vant Oglinda
Species: Cat
Appearance: He tends to dress very casually, often wearing a variety of blues and white except for when he has a job or meeting he has to attend to. In those cases he wears more muted colors centralized around an ebony shade of black.
  • Signature art by: Pawndive

Sig by Pawndive on Wolf Soul
Previous username was Vant Oglinda!

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
Re: The Commission: Revived
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 01:38:58 AM »
You're free to post Vant :)