The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Phantom Sensations?  (Read 6226 times)

Offline shikidixi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: dragowolfox
Re: Phantom Sensations?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2023, 03:13:54 AM »
Yessss I so rarely get to feel my wings but when I do yippee!!! I also fly in my dreams a lot, it feels like practice.

In real life I mostly get phantom tail or ears! Always one of my favorite sensations

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • The last of the echidnas
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mobian Echidna
  • Coloring: Hot pink
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2023, 06:10:45 PM »
It is certainly worth trying meditation to get in touch with your phantom limbs. It feels freeing; like doing a satisfying yawn, or a really big stretch. I would always recommend it - if you can't get into the meditation mindset, here is a trick I have...

What you must do is pull up a chair, and stare at a blank wall. Just stare. Count in your mind - '1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1' - do not focus on your breathing. Do not focus on anything but your numbers. If you slip, go right back to your numbers; '1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1'.
You do not need to clear your mind; you simply need to empty it of anything other than the act of looking at the blank wall, and counting.
After 5 minutes, you will feel calm and relaxed; it is like taking a short nap.

From here, you can begin your true meditation, as documented in 'Kinsenses', posted on the previous page  :3
Good luck out there.

ZARA-RA!!

Offline shikidixi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: dragowolfox
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2023, 06:35:01 PM »
I do a morning run now actually! that's very meditative for me 0w0 i've never been good at sitting still

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • The last of the echidnas
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mobian Echidna
  • Coloring: Hot pink
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2023, 12:37:34 PM »
Ooh! That's good! But I had moreso meant the ritualistic spurring of your phantom limbs; sort of like a mental massage, connecting you to your past lives.
The preliminsry meditation I had mentioned is specifically for those with ADHD, it's one I use myself - but I reckoned it could be useful for anybody who has trouble getting into the calm mindspace  ^_^ (It's also just a good trick for calming down whenever you are stressed - I had learnt this one during CBT.. Which is a lot less mystical sounding. Ha!)

Of course, you don't have to do any of it - but I find it feels spiritually empowering myself, so I would certainly recommend it  ^_^

ZARA-RA!!