The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: STAR WARS (by invitation only)  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
Re: STAR WARS (by invitation only)
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 12:13:57 AM »
Kal motioned to his armor "I'm good. Mando beskar'gam can take quite a beating. Not sure about Cloud though." He put his helmet back on.

He sighed when he heard the ten minute warning. "Take any parts except computers from the ship you'd like now. I'm gonna wipe the CPU and blow it"

"I'm not sure how much, but we will make it worth your time and effort. I'll be good like this, Mandalorians aren't known as rebel sympathizers, plus I have credentials to get by." He then turned and ran off to ready the remnants of the ship.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards Top 100 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • -art by me- “I can destroy. I can’t create.” -Ura
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Insect hybrid
  • Coloring: Beige fur, golden tipped ears, bronze yellow eyes, silver curly white hair
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Somewhere I Belong
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 04:52:20 AM »
The lean vulpes slid down the small mound of rock he had been standing on all along. His eyes drifted over his shoulder passed the outline of Kal as he drew closer to the wreckage. It all still seemed a tad unreal, hazy as it were like a dream. He knelt down beside the medic bag and slightly raised up his shirt.

The blood was starting to scab over in the dry desert heat. Still the laceration couldn't properly close until some stitches were applied. Fresh blood rolled down over the dry with his heartbeat. He sew himself up, hunched over and braced his body weight on his knees.

Cloud had fought the urge to yell, the urge to yield to the pain. He stood up again, it made him lightheaded and wobbly. The rebel turned to the ship and slowly made his way there. As they went inside the entire compartment had landed upside down. Inside there were bodies, hands hanging down like they were riding an amusement park ride.

He pushed passed the inclination to leave, to get as far away from them as possible. Cloud slowly crawled under the hands searched for supplies and found his backpack. An eerie quiet set in, one that made his ears ring when he didn't hear Kal rummaging around. The backpack was stuffed out of sight in the dark recesses of the hull, hidden away from wandering eyes.

The fox squatted and then went over to one of the interstellar class seat. In the harness was a female wolf, the remains of a lieutenant he had secret feelings for. He held her cheek in the palm of his paw and kissed her tenderly.

'I'm sorry I never told you.' He withdrew from the freight ship looked over his supplies and lit the compartment on fire silently watching. Cloud could feel the curious guise of Kal and Malachi bear down on him from afar. The fox was an intriguing individual, so quiet and mysterious. Not one person had come to know him though he had served in this particular regiment for years. He had a way of slipping into the back ground out of plain sight...almost as if he had been hiding something or from someone.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:55:54 AM by Cloud »
Today, an acquaintance. Tomorrow your friend. A short formality stands between us-Cloud, at your service.   

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 06:02:19 AM »
Malachi had taken a carrot out of his small bag with provisions - a remnant of his lunch - and nearly snorted to himself as he chewed on it. How stereotypical of him. Still, he needed more than just meat. That appeased the rattler in him. Not enough for the fuzzy part. He'd leaned on the handlebars of his hauler as they waited for Cloud to finish his goodbyes. Of course, he had scavenged a few particularly useful parts that were small enough to bring back with him and still fit the other two.

As Cloud came back their way, he saw the haunted look in his eyes, knew what had gone on down there. Not the particulars, mind you. A man had a right to say goodbye in private. Then he sat up a little straighter, his ears straight up above his head, turning lightly left and right. His nose twitched a little, and the forked tongue made an appearance for only a couple brief seconds. "Ion thrusters coming in." He tossed his gun in the back; he wouldn't be needing it to drive away. With a steady three quick thumps of his foot, the engine roared to life.

"Right, then, mates. Hope you said the goodbyes you needed. Time to get this freak show on the road." He didn't offer a paw, didn't pause as the hovers whipped the vehicle around. They saw he'd detached the back cart when he planted a foot and righted the tilted vehicle, now facing the other way. With one last look over his shoulder at Cloud, and an understanding nod - no words would do here - he gunned it, knowing the rebels could grab on. And if not, they could handle themselves.
  • Signature art by: Lucky978 on Deviantart.com
Sorry for the absence; I had to get my life and my mind together. I missed you all.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards Top 100 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige fur, golden tipped ears, bronze yellow eyes, silver curly white hair
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 06:32:54 PM »
Cloud braced himself as the hovercraft lifted and accelerated. When they had reached a comfortable speed he slipped on some sunglasses. They were blacker than night and limited the punishing uv rays. His lips were chapped, he had to fight the urge to lick them. The fox looked out over the horizon, his eyes glazed over in deep thought.

For no reason at all he reached up and pushed his own hand through the collar of his coat and grabbed the pendant of the necklace around him. He rubbed it with his thumb and mumbled words, words he could hardly hear himself.

In his pack was a sword, a spectacular Damascus sword about 2 and half feet in length. He withdrew it from behind him and proceeded to sharpen it with a honing stone across his thighs.
Today, an acquaintance. Tomorrow your friend. A short formality stands between us-Cloud, at your service.   

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 06:47:39 AM »
Kal got back just in time to hop onto the vehicle as it started moving. "Sorry it took me a bit, had to make sure the CPUs were done for." As they were heading to who knows where, he took of his helmet, letting the wind rustle his black and tan fur. He noticed Clouds questionable choice of time to sharpen his blade "Hey Cloud" he called out over the noise of the engine "Could you please hold off on that until we are stationary? I really prefer nor to get impaled."

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 07:28:38 AM »
Malachi looked back, with his ears flapping in the rush of wind, his eyes slightly amplified in the goggles he had on to protect them. He glanced down at the weapon across Cloud's lap before turning back to driving. "Don't trust my driving? And here I am trusting two people I just met." He had the urge to pull the breaks suddenly, but didn't do it. Even if it would have been rather funny.

He heard the unmistakable noise of deep space engines far above the atmosphere and reached to the side of the bike even as he very slowly brought it to an intermittent stop. 3, 2, 1 ... The dust behind them eddied and vanished in the prevailing winds just as the nose of a First Order ship pierced the clouds. Malachi hit a button on the side of the bike, causing the air around them to shimmer and flux. He held up a paw for silence until the military craft was behind them. Knowing full well they wouldn't look back - they were military, focused more on the crash than anything - he turned off the device.

Without turning around, he shouted "Low class cloaking device." In explanation, though they more than likely recognized the field. "Don't worry. The shop isn't but a couple miles from here. Should be there in no time." Then he jammed the throttle and shot them forward again. Reaching back, he patted Cloud's leg and pointed at a small drop off, warning him to hold on to his weapon.

He launched the bike off the drop, spinning it in a loop once just to mess around with the obviously less reckless Kal. The bike landed smoothly on anti-grav thrusters and kept its steady speed as they headed down the trench toward his shop.
Sorry for the absence; I had to get my life and my mind together. I missed you all.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2016, 09:56:22 PM »
The fox slipped the sword into his pack for the remainder of the ride. He didn't want the sunlight to glimmer off it and give away their position. His paw drifted over the canvas backpack and held it tightly against him. A smile slightly came over his lips, noticing Malachi tease Kal.

As they came upon the old, large, rusty shack Cloud jumped off Malachi's apparatus. The wind blew wildly from the north, he stood at the large metal gates to the building. It was cleverly hidden in the gulch of a once large river.

He doffed his pack and squatted beside it, he blew off the layer of dust which had clung to the outer casing. Cloud threw on the long tattered trench coat in his bag, he also grabbed a pawful of sand and strained it through his fingers.

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2016, 05:30:58 AM »
As he heard the incoming ship, he put his helmet back on. He raised up his left arm and shot something tiny at the ship. "Can't hurt to track them." Kal wasn't quite ready for the sudden start. A blade popped out from his forearm, hooking into the metal. "Geez, give me a heads up next time." He shouted over the engines. As they were doing the loop, the blade from his other forearm popped out and dug into the metal too. "You'd never guess I don't like bikes" he called out through clenched teeth.

As the bike was slowing down, Kal hopped off and used his jetpack for a soft landing. "Look" Kal said rather annoyed "I understand you might enjoy di'kutla jaro, but I prefer to keep my kovid in one piece. Bic ni skana'dim." he growled through his helmet.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 05:37:14 AM by Rocco »

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2016, 05:57:21 AM »
"Nothin' wrong with a little daredeviling, is there Cloud?" He slapped Cloud on the shoulder, watching with interest what he was doing running sand through his fingers, but said nothing. Instead, he walked past Kal to the gates protecting his new investment, patting him on the shoulder as well. "I'll make sure next time to warn you. You know, unless unforseen circumstances spring up. Then," He shrugged, removing a fake rock from beside the gates and punching in a code. "Who knows if I'll have time."

As the gates ground back, he gestured them to hurry. "Set the gates to open halfway. Figured we don't want any lurkers or sightseers coming in after us." When they were through the rapidly closing gates, Malachi scratched behind his ear. "Welp. Home sweet home." Looking over the two of them, his left ear twitched. "Not for long, though. Hangar is over there." He indicated a small entryway carved into the face of the rocky sides. Dust trickled down over the doorway as a low thrumming hovered by overhead. He looked up, but made no show of caring too much. "They won't find us down here. Either of you need or want a change of clothes while I pack my own things? Emergency supplies are already on the ship."

Looking around as if someone else might be listening, he lowered his voice some. "Before you ask, let's just say there are some folks don't take kindly to my business. Ain't a mercenary or anything, but the business world can be a bit ..." He drug a finger across his throat, stuck his tongue out. "If you know what I mean. Always best to stay prepared." With that, he put his paws behind his head, started walking to his living quarters while whistling. He accentuated this by shaking his hips now and then, the distinct sound of a rattle coming from his tail.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2016, 06:11:23 AM »
"There is quite a difference between acting like a mad man and trying to keep your tail in one piece." he said settling down a little, but obviously not happy. As the gates shut, he placed a little device on it. "Never hurts to cover your six"

"I'm good to go" he said with a quick nod. "Just tell me what I can do when." He took off his helmet, sat in the middle of the floor, and took out a sharp instrument that looked kind of like a flute that was ready to kill, and started playing.

Offline Trinity_Zane

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2016, 02:40:44 PM »
Through it all Cloud kept on the sunglasses, the lenses hide his eyes. He enjoyed the privacy, when they entered the fortress Cloud turned to Malachi.

"What planet are we on Malachi?" There was a loud noise that came from the radio in his pack, it surprised him.

He sat the backpack down and rummaged through it for the communicator, it was a transmission alright. One he knew belong to the other rebel ship.

"No, no this isn't good. That how the New Order found us so fast." Cloud swallowed hard and turned off the radio, hung his head a droplet of sweat rolling down his nose.

"It's The Lazuras. Someone was trying to contact their home. We have to find them before The New Order does."

FSS Pres. and Fdr.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 06:21:50 AM »
He stopped playing. "Well, we better get going soon. Any idea what time we go skids up Malachi?"

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 07:10:07 AM »
Malachi dropped his pack next to them, and opened his mouth to respond to where they were. Then the radio came on, his ears turning up slightly. "Lazarus? Like that old fairy tale, came back from the dead Lazarus? Clever." Pointing a paw at the radio Cloud had turned off, "Don't turn it off yet. Not much sense now; I'll bet my business they already heard that, same as we. Doesn't much matter if we use it to track 'em."

He immediately broke into a run, which for him was more of a hopping motion that allowed him to cover a significant distance. He headed for a garage to the right of his abode, throwing the door open to two more bikes, gesturing for them to hurry. His voice echoed back over the din of the First Order's jets reversing. "We gonna save whoever is left we're gonna need more bikes."

He made his way to the first, turned a key in its ignition. The motor purred to life with the slightest rumble. The second one choked black smoke, backfired, but finally caught. Hopping his way back to meet them, he jerked his head toward the bikes. "Well. Least it's still running. Ain't had much time to work on em, but they'll do." He looked between the two, finally settling on Cloud. "You're the leader, I gathered. So, rebel boy. What's the call?"

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 06:32:31 PM »
He sighed when he saw the bikes "Great. My favorite mode of transportation." he hopped on the second one "At least I get to crash for myself now" he said as he put his helmet back on.