The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "I hate kids."  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Vine Tabris

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • [hisses]
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Demon
  • Currently: visiting graveyards
Re: "I hate kids."
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2016, 09:10:32 PM »
I'm in the "I hate being around kids, but I would never be a dick to them" boat. I pretty much plan on never having kids because I don't feel comfortable around them at all, plus I'm pretty sure I'm too selfish to want to raise a kid.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 09:17:31 PM »
Honestly, I have nothing against kids so long they are well behaved. However, after had a job in an environment filled with a lot of families and younger children I must say that I'm always completely baffled to see how poorly some parents raise their kids - to the point where you start wondering why some people even got kids if they're just gonna leave them at a playground area first thing they do and completely ignore them when the kid screams across a room filled with customers for their parents to come and look at them.

Not all kids are bad, no. I don't hate them either. I don't have any myself and don't really have any plans to get myself some either in any foreseeable future, but some of my friends as well as friends of my family has some adorable and extremely nice well-disciplined children. It's just that there's a lot of parents out there, to my experience, that are doing a bad job at raising their children properly (seriously, parents, your phone is NOT supposed to me more important that your child!) and thus I'd say is why so many kids these days seem to end up behaving so poorly.

A lot of bullies tend to be kids too, I was mildly bullied in my youth by kids that were only a year or two older than me, so I see your point. Again though, not all kids are angels, unfortunately.
I find that these bullies are often the product of bad parenting, the ones with really good parents either being around the wrong people or simply failing to realize that they are actually bullying someone they though they were just playing with (i.e. going too far, many times caused by one or another form of mental disorder).

I do try to avoid kids I don't know. Not because I hate them but rather because I, less and less, trust the parenting skills of any strangers by default.

Thus, for most bad-behaved children; I blame the parents, not the kids.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:27:27 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 06:13:20 AM »
Ya know, seeing a few people say they more so blame/hate the parents of the kids than yhr kids themselves, I have to say this;

Some times, the parents *are* trying. Sometimes the kid is just so far gone that it doesn't matter what the parents do. I have seen kids that literally have no problem getting punished to the extreme because in their head, it won't stop them from being bad.

Yeah, it may not always be the kids fault, but how many of those kids have parents that did/do actually try to make y hem better? You gotta think about that too.

Offline Oanta

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Gray and Red
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Average Muscled build
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 08:04:00 AM »
Ya know, seeing a few people say they more so blame/hate the parents of the kids than yhr kids themselves, I have to say this;

Some times, the parents *are* trying. Sometimes the kid is just so far gone that it doesn't matter what the parents do. I have seen kids that literally have no problem getting punished to the extreme because in their head, it won't stop them from being bad.

Yeah, it may not always be the kids fault, but how many of those kids have parents that did/do actually try to make y hem better? You gotta think about that too.

I have worked in an adolescent group home so I do see where some kids are just mean. One that I worked with would laugh and then for the next hour or two talk about how it would be funny if this bad thing happened to me or another staff member.  No amount of coaching, redirecting, reminding then that they weren't going to earn their points, etc. Would deter this kid from saying mean things. 

I still believe that parents have a lot to do with what they teach their children and therefore how their children behave.  However, there are some outliers that make you think "I hate kids" and that no amount of teaching will change who they are.

Offline Phi

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Harrow! :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthropomorphic Cat
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5"9
  • Weight: 135 lbs
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Typing text in to this text box.
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 08:08:26 AM »
I volunteer to tutor kids four days a week, and I find that they're usually respectful and try their best. Some kids can be jerks, but doesn't the same go for people in general?  :|

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 09:14:50 PM »

Of course, but that's why I said that only most (not all) of a child's behavior can be attributed to the way they were raised. Some children are just bound to be troublemakers. And also I believe not all children respond the same to various methods of being raised.

However, also consider the fact that the parents/caretakers are literally the only influence that the child will have for their first few years - these are also the most important years as it lays the ground for the most basic behavior!
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 11:47:05 PM »
I do consider it, believe me I live with a father of a now three year old and mother of a two year old. But it's also no hard for them to get influenced later down the road as well.

Offline Kai-

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Panda
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 06:29:27 PM »
I can't say that I hate kids, but I'd rather not be around them when possible. The majority of them are loud, messy, and irritating, which is something that I cannot personally deal with. Sometimes you can cross paths with a surprisingly mature and smart child (8 or younger), but those occurrences are rather rare.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2016, 08:54:28 AM »
Having thought about it more, I'll say it like this.

I hate kids, but not people. 0ut of my respect of the fact that a kid is technically a person, I will not let their being a kid take priority over their being a person.

Offline Karric

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: husky
  • Coloring: electric blue and white
  • Height: 5foot 10
  • Build: muscular
  • Currently: bored
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 07:33:47 AM »
yeah i agree kids are very nice and i youst to get bullied to the point whir if i walked passed a person id be punched in the stomach so i can compleatly understand what you mean :) 

Offline Quantum

• Avid Aardvark
  • rip me
  • Species: Cat (Anthro)
  • Coloring: Yellow/Orange
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: Back after inactivity for 2 months
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2016, 07:45:56 AM »
A response to the general thread:
Wasn't everybody a kid a point in their lives?

I do understand how people would detest kids, or anyone considerable younger than them. I have myself, especially my friends younger brothers that basically break everything they touch. However, you have to accept that kids are still in the process of maturing  and need time and an environment to grow up in. Stereotypically, you would think of a kid as loud, noisey, and sometimes even enragening. But seriously. Cut some slack dude. There's always gonna be kids in this world, and you gotta deal with it. Keeping away is fine, but you cant completely ignore them, especially when you have kids yourself.
umm k

Offline Nazieri

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lemur/Elk/Fox
  • Coloring: Black, Turquoise, Lime/Shamrock green, blue violet and sand brown
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: slight muscle build
  • Currently: Calm
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2016, 02:30:51 AM »
One thing I do dislike is when some people assume that people who don't want kids, hate kids. I've been accused of this. Some people get shocked, ask me "why" questions and tell me that I'll eventually want them. I have thought about it before but I've come to the conclusion that the only reason I'd want kids, would be to name them and that wouldn't be fair. I'm willing to baby sit, that's fine. I can be around them, I've even had a job at an art gallery that required myself and 3 others to do arts and crafts with 26 kids for 5 hours a day.. but to raise a child for 19 years? I just don't think I'd be up for that.
I like cold spaghetti

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 02:33:00 AM »
One thing I do dislike is when some people assume that people who don't want kids, hate kids. I've been accused of this. Some people get shocked, ask me "why" questions and tell me that I'll eventually want them. I have thought about it before but I've come to the conclusion that the only reason I'd want kids, would be to name them and that wouldn't be fair. I'm willing to baby sit, that's fine. I can be around them, I've even had a job at an art gallery that required myself and 3 others to do arts and crafts with 26 kids for 5 hours a day.. but to raise a child for 19 years? I just don't think I'd be up for that.

It's quite the commitment, so that's a totally fine reason not to want to.

Offline Nazieri

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lemur/Elk/Fox
  • Coloring: Black, Turquoise, Lime/Shamrock green, blue violet and sand brown
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: slight muscle build
  • Currently: Calm
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 10:13:24 AM »
It's quite the commitment, so that's a totally fine reason not to want to.

It is, yes. It's an every day commitment and not only that, I would have to pay for schooling, after school activities, school supplies, baby things, tons of clothes each and every year, a larger stock of food.. all that stuff. It's not just about raising a kid, 80% of your time and energy needs to be put into your kid's life, if not more. I just don't think I'd be up to it. Down the road, I might have a pet or two, but it all really depends on how things go in the next 10 years.
I like cold spaghetti

Offline Oanta

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Gray and Red
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Average Muscled build
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 04:14:06 PM »