The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Against the Night  (Read 16245 times)

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Raccon (hybrid)
  • Coloring: Red with white fur
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: long arms and legs with a very slim build.
  • Currently: gaming, job huntig, and listenig to music. Like a Elite!
Re: Against the Night
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2016, 10:36:58 PM »
Drake would keep to his business as the discussion would seem to end. Finding a few interesting enchantable trinkets that, if necessary he could sell some of them too for rent or food. And when he picked a silver locket off one of the deceased and feel the ground begin to shake. Quickly making him drop the locket back on the corpse hoping to appease whatever spirit he angered and would look up to see the group felt it too. Realizing quickly that it wasn't a spirit he'd quickly pick up the locket again. Hoping the rest of the group didn't see his slight panic from the earth shake.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2016, 10:29:23 PM »
Well… it definitely seemed like he wasn’t going to have enough time to properly interrogate his current victim. The feline looked down to the struggling man that he had dragged off and gave him a sharp crack across the back of the skull. He watched as he fell into unconciousness, and shook his head lightly. He quickly took his cult like uniform from him. This could come in handy. Now he had the robes of an assassin… and what ever ranking this man was. Still an infiltrator just needs to adapt if it ever came to it.

With a slight nod of his head, he turned and returned to the group, finding them both just as confused as he was mentally about the ground suddenly shaking like it was going to split wide open. “So I am going to wager that whatever is ahead, is going to be big and ugly. Soooo… we still got a job to do, yeah?”
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter-Wolf
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown, tan
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • Build: Sturdy
« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2016, 07:49:18 AM »
"Seems that way." Xavier replied with a nod,noticing that in the chaos of things they were suddenly missing a certain Hell-hound. Hopefully they would encounter Mort up ahead, Xavier had not seen him take any injuries that he thought would not be easily healed. The strange skeletal bird was gone as well. He hesitated but a moment in regards to their missing companions, but they had no time to spare looking for them.

"I'll take the lead, it's probably going to be tight quarters in the ruins so maintain a formation. If you get separated you're on your own." He eyed their small group. "Fit in where you think you would be of most use, and try to keep those beside you safe." He figured they didn't need much further instruction, battle-trained as they were. He turned quickly, his coat fluttering slightly around his knees as he strode across the forest floor. It was only another small section of forest away when they started walking past pieces of stone building that had long overgrown, which soon transitioned into sections of wall and even entire structures covered in vines and moss. The forest thinned, and a large aztec--like pyramid became visible through the brush. It stood perhaps fifty feet tall, with a clear opening about halfway up the side facing them.

Xavier did not stop moving, but even from behind you could tell he was keeping a close and careful eye on the structures around them. There were signs that there had been a camp here shortly before, piles of ash from cooking fires, barrels set up to collect rainwater, and flattened spots of grass about the right size for small tents. There was a distant sound and Xavier held up his paw for those behind him to stop. After a few seconds the sound came again, more clearly. From the doorway of the ruins there was the sound of crunching, and again a few moments later. It seemed to be drawing no closer, so Xavier lowered his paw and carefully made his way up the steps. "Anything inside is bound to be hostile. Don't hesitate." He whispered before moving further into the darkness of the pyramid.
Captain of the Stormrider

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Raccon (hybrid)
  • Coloring: Red with white fur
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: long arms and legs with a very slim build.
  • Currently: gaming, job huntig, and listenig to music. Like a Elite!
« Reply #258 on: June 29, 2016, 08:25:10 PM »
Drake listened carefully to Xavier as he told everyone that was still around what was happening. With no complaints to the orders he agreed quietly with a nod and began following right behind Xavier. Figuring his barriers would help defend the party from magical attacks plus his bonuses to his melee capabilities.

Along the journey he would also keep his eyes peeled, mainly for places to that could potentially hold loot for the trip back. Considering the army that went for the ruins though it was all picked clean, but he remained optimistic.

Once the group reached the temple Drake whistled in surprise, impressed by the ruins. Well mainly the fact that the most of it remained intact unlike everything around it. "Very interesting. I wonder what secrets lie in wait in there." He muttered as he eyed the temple from top to bottom. He would tail behind briefly because of this but join the group again as he noticed Xavier climb up to the entrance. Not wanting to be the first one left behind.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
« Reply #259 on: July 04, 2016, 01:23:52 AM »
Micah followed along with little concern. The fox was certain that with extra care they could get the drop on anything they came across. Looking around the obvious camp as they came across it he slipped around some of the barrels and old tent spots, looking for anything of interest. Pausing at one of the barrels he pulled out a nearly empty waterskin and dipped it into the barrel. Once he'd caught back up with them he examined the water for any poisons or contaminants.

The psychic stopped as he too heard the sound coming from the ruins and looked, trying to examine the structure, but he had trouble believing there was anything he could examine on the surface of the structure. "You didn't need to tell me that twice."

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #260 on: July 07, 2016, 03:27:20 AM »
Neshar followed close behind Xavier. The magic in his eyes starting to grow more apparent the less light that there was. The eyes steadily began to pour out a very thin aura, the eyrises glowing. And as it grew darker, the glow began to cover the entire eye. The thief even seemed to be more alive. His awareness heightened, and his fatigue ebbing away. He was definitely at home in this environment.

But before they proceeded any further. The feline reached out with an arm, and clasped the otter by the shoulder. “Before you go any further… these ruins tend to have tight hallways, and occasionally traps. If not that… then they are perfect for ambushes.”

“If you will, allow me to scout ahead. I’ll disarm anything that will be an immediate threat. I’ll leave a sign if a hall has been cleared or not.”
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲