The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "Long distance" relationships  (Read 539 times)

Offline Attacus

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: black and dark grey
  • Height: 6.5 feet
  • Weight: average
  • Build: average
  • Currently: anxious
"Long distance" relationships
« on: June 22, 2015, 09:05:13 AM »
Ive veen with my bf for a little over three months. But he lives an hour away and were lucky if we get to see each other once a week. And its hard. Cuz I like him a lot and he "adores" me. In his own words. I had always assumed I was unlovable. And he cares about me soooo much. It was...a shock. .I guess is the best word. Not in a bad way. Just. A first. Never been wanted before. But im finally in a relationship. With someone who really cares for me. And we dont get to see each other that often. I miss him a lot. Any advice for a sad wolf missing his husky?

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: "Long distance" relationships
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 09:20:22 AM »
I was in a LDR with my ex-mate for 2 years, we lived on other sides of the world but still were able to see each other for 1 month every year

LDRs are hard, but he only lives an hour away so it's not really a super long-distance relationship. Just note that you could move closer together in the future and talk to him online when you can't see him.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline EchoesAbove

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Noodle
  • Coloring: White/Green
  • Reference: [link]
Re: "Long distance" relationships
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »
LDRs are hard. For about a year I only saw my boyfriend once a month, he was a 6h drive away.

We both had a bunch of games we both liked, so when we weren't able to see each other, we'd be sitting in TeamSpeak and talking while we massacred some zombies. Always talking can be hard in the beginning because life tends to be boring enough not to have new stories every day, so games can be awesome =3
  • Avatar by: Photo by Nyro, Stock by ftourini-stock and venomxbaby, Edit by me
  • Signature art by: Kitsune_Nyx