The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)  (Read 13459 times)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)
« Reply #300 on: December 28, 2015, 06:58:05 PM »
Angder sighs. "If your not willing  to take risks, how do you plan to get anything done?" he asks. "If you want your friend back, trusting these guys is your best bet." Angder states. "As for the truck... well. We could always steal one of theirs."
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #301 on: January 02, 2016, 01:32:07 AM »
A slight smirk came across Kurt's face as Angder commented.  "He's right you know.  We're all taking risks here" he states while looking back to Kensie after glancing at Angder, casually shrugging his shoulders.  "Asking the underground to help you guys out is going to be a gamble, and to make it clear, I don't trust you.  I don't trust any of you.  I'm just fallowing my instinct here" he said while idly scratching at his jaw.  "We could question all night.  Maybe I made up this whole underground thing to save our skins?  Maybe it is a trap?  You can't know for sure.  In fact, I'm having a hard time believing your story, or that you're even from the fire station" he said while crossing his arms.

Spinelli placed the pen down before leaning forward to prop her head against her left palm, once again looking past Kensie to glance at Angder with a mild scowl.  She had no faith in their story, no faith what so ever.  Angder was at the heart of her skepticism, the very person who had supposedly caused all of this was armed with an assault rifle, HER assault rifle.

"Ugh, enough of this" Peircen grunted from the dark confines of the café.  "They're from the fire station, I recognized the renard.  Err, Jake?  Whatever the hell his name is" she grumbled.  "Also, the underground is very real" she said before pausing for a moment.  "That's that.  Now, we're not going anywhere, this is a good opportunity for the both of us.  So, you can keep that damned truck, there's only one thing I've gotta know; what can Jax do for the underground?  This isn't all about Vex, after all.  This is war, and the underground is our first line of defense.  That's if you haven't blown this whole thing way out of proportion?"  She said.

Before Kensie could respond, Spinelli interrupted.  "Do you realize who you're asking help from?"  Spinelli said with a hint of anger in her voice as she looked off into the dark corner of the room where the jaguar was anchored, unable to make out any of her features.  "What about this guy?  Who is this guy? Huh?"  She said, pointing the flashlight's beam towards Angder.  "Who's to say he's not with the slavers?  I'd rather be shot then see the underground become an accessory to those vile bastards!"  She growled as her fear collapsed in the face of her pride and overwhelming hatred for the slavers.  She'd then place the flashlight on the table and fold her hands before her, stooping her head to rest her nose against her thumbs, releasing a heavy sigh.  "You said you have friends in the SS hierarchy, then why not go to the SS for help?"  She finished in a quieter tone.

"Gleisner is a **censor** tool, you idiot.  As for the wolf?  Who gives a damn?  In fact, I'm even starting to like the guy" The jaguar replied, using the poor lighting as an opportunity to finish what she had started and free herself from the restraints.  "Without Gleisner and the SS.  There wouldn't even be an underground" Spinelli said with a clear look of annoyance on her face.  Peircen couldn't help but laugh at the doberman's comment as she weaseled her free hand behind her back, searching for the ratchet strap's buckle.  "You're just another brainwashed knucklehead like the rest of uhm.  It's a real shame, I expected better from you.  Gleisner is Shuttler's ploy to divide and conquer the people, she's no more than a puppet" Peircen said just before drawing the strap loose after finding the buckle.  She'd pull it loose enough to slip it over her head, which she did.  Given the lighting, it may have been possible to hide the fact that she had freed herself, but she didn't want to take any chances.  So instead, she decided to make it apparent to Kensie by tossing the ratchet strap in her general direction, which landed five feet or so from the shark.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #302 on: January 06, 2016, 02:30:54 PM »
Kensie watched with a raised eyebrow as the cannibles scwabbled and argued amongst each other, still kinda confused about what exactly they wanted. But Angder did have a point, and whether she liked it or not, she would need these three to get Vex back. She was still weary, and even more so after Peircen three the strap towards her, the jaguar indicating she was free. "Alright alright, just... tell me what I need to do or where I need to take you. Youll get your guns back once we get there, no sooner." The shark got up and looked around at the four, her tail swaying anxiously back and forth, wanting to stop wasting time with pointless discussion. "And as for this "underground", I have no idea what Jax can do for it. But save Vex, and Im sure he would be more then happy to help out. And I never blew anything out of proportion, everything I have said is true."
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: January 08, 2016, 12:20:16 PM »
Angder stands back, he was actually a little mad that Spinelli could suggest he was a slaver. He had done his fair share of forcing work out of people, scavengers who thought it was a good idea to point a gun at his head were the main victims of that. He never did it in an organized fashion though, usually letting them go after an hour, sometimes letting them keep some food.

He knew very little about the organized slavers. Just vague horror stories. He had always been more concerned in the more immediate threat... By the sounds of it though, they had grown in power recently. maybe starting a turf war between the cannibals and Fire station was not such a good idea, even if they were both as evil as he assumed...

Angder sighs. "Lets just hurry up, sooner we get going the better."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 12:24:18 PM by Angder »

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #304 on: January 11, 2016, 12:22:00 AM »
"Yes, lets" the jaguar replied to Angder as she stood from the chair, spreading her arms to draw some slack into the mess of rope around her upper torso.  "Every straggler from here to California will be coming down on us after that light show" she'd mutter while stepping forth, pausing to pull the tangled web of rope over her head.  She'd take a few moments to work the knot out of the rope before rapping it around the length of her forearm in a rapid under over motion.  She'd then toss the neatly coiled rope over her shoulder before turning back to glance at the shepherd. "Kurt, pack that shit up" she'd say while pointing out the spilt pack.  Without hesitation, she turned back to look towards the doberman. "Fritz, cough up that Sig" she demanded.

Spinelli paused for a moment, narrowing her brow in mild frustration as she glanced up at Peircen, still distracted by previous disagreements.  Regardless, the doberman complied as the jaguar simply returned the scowl.  Spinelli reached over to unzip the underarm zipper of her parka before drawing a 9mm pistol from a jury-rigged torso holster she wore under her coat.  Just as she placed it on the table, Peircen would reach out to snatch it up, giving it a quick chamber check.  "You use way too much god damn gun oil" the jaguar nagged as she released the slide to smear the palm of her hand on one of Spinelli's maps, which left a crimson streak.  To her surprise, the residue on the gun wasn't oil, but blood.  She'd raise her brow as she took up the soiled bit of map, using it to wipe the gun's slider clean before crumpling it up in her fist and tossing it to the floor.

"You get shot?" Peircen asked.  "Yup" Spinelli simply replied while looking about the table, avoiding eye contact.  "Are ya gonna live?"  The jaguar promptly asked.  "I should" the doberman said coldly.  "We'll take a look at it when we get to the strip" the jaguar said as she turned about to head for the front of the café, walking past Kensie before she'd stop to fiddle with the pistol's mounted LED light.  "So, we'll be taking a trip to the strip.  We can work out all the details from there" she said with her back facing Kensie, pausing as she continued to play with the gun.  "You'll have to watch yourselves out there; I'm sure they're out looking for you" she said while switching on the LED, only to switch it back off again.  "They don't **censor** around.  Expect the worst; tipped off gate keepers, mercenaries, anything" she continued, turning to face both Angder and Kensie as she nestled the pistol under her belt.  "Thankfully, we've got some old rags in the truck to hide those pretty faces of yours" the jaguar said before turning back to the front of the café, where she exited through one of the large shattered windows.

Peircen made her way to the truck through the pouring rain, assuming the others would follow shortly after, so she didn't bother to look back.  As she arrived at the truck, she hopped into the driver's side and got straight to business.  She stepped on the clutch and turned the key; the engine effortlessly roared to life, but there was a problem.  Only the passenger side parking light and tail light were live, which might have been just enough if it hadn't been storming, not to mention the shark had turned the windshield into a piece of art, which wasn't the easiest thing to see through.  "Ugh, **censor**.."  She grumbled while violently slapping the stick into neutral and applying the parking break just before turning about to weaseling her way through the back window into the bed.  She went straight for the large spotlight mounted on the roll cage, which after brief inspection, seemed to be without a scratch.  "Shii—" Peircen muttered as she flipped the switch "—zam!"  She added as the avenue flooded with light.

Kurt was making his way through the rain with Spinelli only a few steps behind him when the beam struck the street.  The blinding light stopped the shepherd in his tracks while the doberman flinched, causing her to collide with him.  Kurt held his forearm over his eyes with a snarl, continuing forward as Spinelli followed with her head stooped, hiding in his shadow until they arrived at the truck.  "Kurt!  I want you and the wolf in the back.  Fritz rides shotgun!"  Peircen yelled through the rain as she drew three musty, olive drab ponchos from a tool chest at the head of the truck bed, draping two of them over the driver's side of the cab.  "Those are for you and the wolf" the jaguar said, looking off towards Kensie as she pounded her fist against the top of the cab a few times.  She'd then throw the third poncho over the spotlight, adjusting it so that only the bottom fifth of the lamp would shine through, which was an attempt to choke off any excessive light.  By now, Kurt and Spinelli had situated themselves.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
« Reply #305 on: January 18, 2016, 03:09:39 PM »
Kensie watched as Peircen seemed to spring back into action, ordering around the other two the moment she got up out of that chair. The shark watched the cannibals leave to head to the truck before turning and giving Angder an uneasy look. "Just hang onto that gun for the time being. If this is a trap you are going to need it." Without another word the cop headed out into the rain, adjusting the sling of her AR-15 as she approached the truck. Save for the bright light glaring from it, she could barley make out the vehicle in the rain, but managed to find the passenger side door and swing it open to climb inside. "I dont suppose you have any change if clothes as well, my police uniform kind of stands out." She says, looking over past Spinelli to glance at Peircen.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 07:20:21 AM by Jacob Hail »
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: January 24, 2016, 02:10:53 PM »
Angder had no plans to drop the gun, he gripped it tight as he followed the rest to the vehicle. He heads to enter the back of the vehicle, he felt uneasy, but that was hardly surprising. Honestly he was just glad to be on the move finally.

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2016, 09:21:59 PM »
Spinelli stepped into the truck, roughly plopping herself down into the tattered cloth seat with a splash. The rain was falling so heavily, that not even the cloth seat could soak up the water fast enough as the strong winds lashed the rain into the cab.  At this point, the doberman didn't think she could get any more soaked until she leaned back into the seat, which sloshed like a sponge, engorged with chilling water.  She sighed heavily, followed by a shiver as she embraced her wound, looking over at the shark as she addressed the jaguar.

A few moments passed, and Spinelli assumed that Peircen hadn't heard her, so she turned to face the rear of the cab.  "Hey!  Black cat!"  She yelled, just before the jaguar bent down to poke her head through the rear window, a gust of wind tossing her drenched dreads about, which slapped both the shark and Spinelli in the face, leaving behind the smell of diluted kerosene.  "I heard her!" the jaguar yelled, turning to give the cop a quick glance before pulling out to grab one of the ponchos off the top of the cab.  She balled up the sopping poncho and chucked it through the rear window, which hit the dash and unraveled over the center stack.  "Wear that!" she said while once again opening up the tool chest, pulling out an olive drab, vinyl duffle bag, which she forced through the rear window, breaking the remaining glass around the frame.  "That too" she said, before poking her head back into the cab.  "We'll gear you up when we get to the strip, but right now, the poncho will do.  With all those guns, and the bag.  They'll take you for nothing more than a merchant, looking to make some dough" she reassured Kensie.  "And this—" she said while placing a grey and white plaid, cashmere scarf on the bag "—you can use to cover your face."  The scarf was tainted in filth, as if it had been used as a shop rag.

Without pausing, she pulled back out before scooping up the other poncho from the top of the cab, then turning about to face Angder; the spot light beaming off the white paint of the truck produced just enough light to make out the figures of both the wolf and the shepherd.  "Put this on!"  She shouted while pitching the poncho at the wolf's chest before turning to Kurt.  She drew Spinelli's Sig Sauer from her belt and held it out to him.  "Take this.  The wolf will carry that bag for you" she directed.  The shepherd took up the pistol; wedging it under the shoulder of his vest, then he pulled the pack from his back before casually tossing it at Angder's feet.  "Get that bag on too!  Then you can join me at the front of the bed.  If we run into any trouble, I want that AR to be put to good use.  Understand?" Peircen ordered Angder before returning to her positon behind the spot light.

Kurt sat in the rear-left corner of the bed in attempt to anchor himself a little.  "Hey!  Reg!  Tell her to head out towards the north toll!  I know one of the gate keeper there, played pool with the guy a few times!"  Kurt yelled through the rain.  The jaguar looked over her shoulder at Kurt before turning back to the front of the truck, violently rapping her fist against the top of the cab a few times.  "Hear that, fish?  North toll!"  She shouted towards the driver's side window.  "Unless you've got a better way in" she added.     
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:28:19 AM by Ghia »

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: February 06, 2016, 05:48:09 AM »
Kensie scooted across the middle to the drivers seat as Spinelli started to climb in, the shark leaving her own mess as the water from her clothes saturated the seat. Her uniform felt five times heavier, and she wondered why she still even wore it, a question that has come much to late and cant be asked at this moment. As Peircen shoved the things through the window, Kensie grabbed the poncho and got to putting it on. It was wet, just like everything, and it sealed the water in her clothes, but it did a good job of hiding her uniform,  which was good enough. "I dont have a better way in." The shark called back, taking one look at the scarf and grimacing. "We'll go to the north toll." Heasitantly, she wrapped the scarf around her snout, nearly gaging at the smell before before turning on the brights and windshield wipers, doing next to nothing against the pouring rain and cracked glass. "Everybody **censor** hang on." She called back, reaching down to put the truck in gear and stepping on the gas. The trucks tires hydroplaned across the concrete at first but found traction, heading in the direction of the strip.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2016, 03:42:19 PM »
Angder hastily puts on the stuff as instructed, it smelled... bad. and he felt a little ill putting it on. it seemed to cling to his fur...

At least it basically fit.

As they started to move, Angder watched the road behind them. he was always impressed what cars and trucks could put up with in the way of debris, the fact is the roads were a mess. he wondered if the various vehicles still in use used specialized tires or something. Not that he would be able to tell. Angder never really knew much about cars...